Barneys Farm - 5 Cookies Kush. My first grow (LED) (Indoor) (Soil)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Medi Cali, Jan 11, 2016.

1. I use mine the whole way through flower, if veg got crazy I'd hook it up in there too lol but veg is always decent in my tents

• Like Like x 1
  2. Okay Thanks dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. My pleasure! Glad to see that you're yearning to learn. You're doing very well though so no worries :)

:wave:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yeah dude if I'm going to have this amazing hobby for the rest of my life I need to know what I'm doing :)
    I think I'll have to wait on the dehumidifier tho, that things a little pricey haha
    Do you think running my intake fan higher will help enough with humidity?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Intake might draw in more humidity. I'd try running you outtake on a higher setter that might help a little

Tokes LED multi-strain hotspot

• Like Like x 2
  6. Okay thanks.
    Does anyone have tips for making sure I don't get in trouble because of the smell?
    I have a tent, carbon filter, and a high cfm exhaust fan but I'm just starting to flower these ladies and I'm getting concerned lol I feel like I'm too accustom to the smell to accurately judge it for myself

• Like Like x 3
  7. In theory you could suck the air out of the tent like toke recommended and you could slap your carbon filter all the way on the end of the line so even as air escapes it goes through the filter. Just a cheap switch to help with smell and humidity. That's what I'm currently doing. Humidity hasn't gone over 45 with a 3x3 and a 2x4 tent all connected to the same 8" fan lol

• Like Like x 4
  8. As long as you have a good carbon filter and negative pressure in tent it'll be fine.

Just a note for when you get the dehumidifier.. They usually need a bit of space around them to work properly so if your tent is proper packed out then it might not be effective at lowering RH. I had that problem so the key is to put it outside the tent in the room it's in so that the intake is drawing in the lower humidity air and it'll regulate the tent too.

Looking nice bro!

• Like Like x 3
  9. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Update :)
    So the tallest ones are about 30" and the one in the middle is about 20" but I'm guessing it more indica dominant even though cookies Kush is supposed to be indica. I'm sure they will taste bomb! Can't wait lol

• Like Like x 5
  10. Looking fantastic and yeah there will be some variation in phenotypes with most strains lol unless the breeder has worked that strain for a good while and gets it stable. Not saying it won't be good lol it'll be dank! :p

• Like Like x 3
  11. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think they are starting!
    I wish I had less plants lol my tent is getting too full right now haha
    Weird problem to have right?
    Anyway, I was thinking about doing some defoliation soon to make sure the bigger plants don't devour the little ones. Got any suggestions? I've heard defoliating the plants in flower can be tricky.. I swear these ladies grow a few inches a day haha

• Like Like x 2
  12. My rule of thumb for Defol is never take more than 1/3 of the plants leaves. I tend to lollipop and get rid of the bottom 1/3 of the plant as it'll never see much light anyhow. I always start with leafs that are starting to die off and then move up to where I think that's good lol you'll do fine. And in a couple weeks you could do a slight Defol again if it's out of control lol

• Like Like x 3
  13. It's cool to do in flower? I just don't want to fuck them up lol
    and should I be removing only fan leaves? Or can I still remove growth shoots I don't like?

• Like Like x 2
  14. I was considering doing this but I read a lot about it on autoflower and a lot of people say it will stress an auto a lot because it's a race to the end with them. Photos have time to recover but autos don't. It will stress the plant when you start cutting on her.

15. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. I did do some fairly heavy defoliation in flower and mine turned out okay, but I had no prior grows to compare it to.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. My bad I thought you were doing autos but with those I would assume it wouldn't hurt because the have a longer period to recover. But someone else who has done it would be able to help more, I'm just going off what I read.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah you can defoliate in flower. Another good rule is tuck before ya pluck. If you can tuck the leaf under the bud where it's not blocking the light it would be more beneficial than chopping it off. Like I mentioned earlier just be careful how much you do at one time lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. I'm gonna tag along for the rest of the grow show. Lol looking good so far.

• Like Like x 1