Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to eat edibles for maximum effectiveness

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by KushBurner420, Mar 28, 2011.

1. The last 3 times Ive had edibles, Ive eaten them all on empty stomachs. Is this the best method if I want to get high as possible?

2. You should eat something small about 45 minutes before you ingest the edible.

3. ive literally made 2 threads about this like 10 minutes ago and no one has answered haha. thank you for helping me

4. Why is this? Wouldnt it work better if there is nothing else interfering with it in your stomach?

Yea I noticed your thread but didnt want to jack it lol

5. you eat them with your mouth, chewing until the particles of food are small enough. then smoke a tiny bit like an hour later and you'll be blazin

6. Helps them kick in faster because your stomach is already in the process of digesting the other food ;)

7. Then should I only eat a small amount of food (opposed to medium-large amount) prior to eating my edible to get my digestive system started?

8. Eat mangos before, thats what Im gonna do at least

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mangos will get you ripped haha,

I've always had something small like an apple, orange, banana. You get the picture ;)

10. I heard empty stomachs was the best but that is just what I have heard myself.

11. I am trying it soon, but most of what I have read on here says to eat a little bit before hand because of something called the first pass effect. Google it.

12. You can eat all you want before, the trip will just be more long lasting and diluted, as your digestion of the other stuff you ate will retard the absorption of THC.
    Personally I prefer to be full when I'm high, I hate to be hungry.
    A good way is to eat your space food as a breakfast.

13. Jesus I had brownies the first time last night I had 3 brownies with 2 hours I had weed orgasms I was tripping I'm still high at work this morning

14. Ha me and my boyfriend made weed brownies , and then went to a dubstep night . Man I was high for HOURS !
    Going to see Damian Marley on saturday and gunna make some more for then , should be the most chilled gig ever!

15. i always make cannabutter and then inject it directly into my neck... not really, but that would be cool. someone try it and report back.

• Like Like x 1
  16. No, no, no it's bad to eat it on a empty stomach. Basically what happens is when your stomach is empty and you eat an edible, it goes right to your liver to be digested since no other food is occupying it. Once it goes straight to your liver for digestion, the THC that's present in the food gets broken down and metabolized before any significant amount is allowed into your blood. Now, if you eat an edible an hour after a regular sized meal then the liver is already occupied and the edible will sit in your stomach/ small intestine for a longer amount of time and more THC is becomes available, as it takes longer to process. First pass effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Like Like x 2
  17. interesting, madsativa
    an empty stomach is never good

18. Cannabis does not experience a first pass effect

19. Hasn't anyone here ever tried them more than one way? I mean c'mon...

For me, the pass effect makes a difference. I get cookies that are perfectly dosed, and weighed.
    Tried them on an empty stomach, they were ok.
    Tried them an hour after eating the next day, and significantly better.

That's all I needed to know.

• Like Like x 2