Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are edibles more or less weed efficient?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Luvs2splooj, Mar 4, 2011.

1. I'm looking to try to make that peanut butter recipe where you just bake the pb with weed mixed in.

I was wondering, say I used a bowls worth of weed, would I get a bowls worth high or would I need more?
    I'm just not thrilled on using 40$ worth of bud for 2-3 doses.

2. I put 3 times what it takes me to get super high for a couple of hours in to peanut butter and felt mellow for like 6 to 8 hours.

3. Its more efficient because the high will be better and stronger.

.3-.4 dank is usually more than enough.

.5 mids is pretty good too, and .5 mids is like $2.50 if you get a half for 60-65. If you can't afford that, you should probably stray from edibles yo.

4. Hahah yea the reason why its better is because u can just get some regs and get fucked for days.:hello:

5. Basically if you grow your own(what I do) then you'll typically have more than enough to waste some experimenting with edibles and the like. However if you buy it and you're not loaded with cash I wouldn't bother.

6. Edibles are a MUCH more efficient use of your meds... much, much, much more so, than smoking. It is comparable to vaporizing in terms of efficiency of use, but with an often more powerful effect.

But it is only stronger... if you know how to process your canna properly.

New chefs I recommend using a little more than the standard .35g per dose, just in case they get nervous and stop short of the full process, then they should start with half the dose and wait 40 minutes to see how they feel (I'm pretty sure this is what happens, a kind of stage-fright where the chef thinks "ooh if I process anymore I'm going to damage my stuff!" then they stop, far short of completion.)

It's all these 'green', under-done butters and oils, and the worst-case-scenario edibles (firecrackers) that of course do serve a purpose, when you have less time and tools to work with than you'd need for a proper batch, that promote the misinformation to be so prevalent that you supposedly need 'up to 3 times' more canna in an edible, than you do when smoking, and this is just simply not the case... unless you somehow failed or something went very awry, when making your edible.

It doesn't matter what grade of weed it is; if you can still smoke it, and it gets you high, then it will be capable of knocking your socks off in an edible. Just keep the dose around or less than what you'd be comfortable with smoking, otherwise, you risk spending half the night bent over a toilet with the room-spins.

It's similar to vaporizing, in that when making an edible you're not burning and damaging material before it can even enter your system, and you're not allowing so much exhale-waste (any, with edibles). If properly converted by decarboxylating your material, then properly processed into oil over the course of several hours, breaking down the glandular material and promoting systemic bioavailability, you will need less canna than you'd use when smoking, to achieve a much stronger, and more narcotic effect.

Hope this helps :)

Has anyone else noticed that, in the last few weeks, the edibles section has really taken off? I've never seen so much interest in here, it's great!! When I started up my recipe thread, I remember thinking man, it's awfully quiet in here, no one's even going to see this... now look at the place :hello:

7. badKittysmiles,you have got to be one of the most intelligent people on this site. But I don't see that you said that edibles take considerably longer to kick in and smoking. Smoking can hit you within a minute whereas edibles depending on their potency will take between, for me at least, 30 min. to an hour and a half. So keep that in mind when trying edibles.the effects from edibles is also quite different than the effect from smoking. You can easily eat "way too many". Remember as with most things it easier to more than it is to take away. Especially when you're putting stuff in your body.

there's my two cents hope it helps

8. That's a good point :)

I figured where that was probably more of a given, and since this was a question about efficiency, or whether or not edibles were efficient, that it would be safe to leave that out for the moment.
    I do feel that I already over-share.. if I shared everything all at once, I'd be hard pressed to find people willing to take the time to read it :) It's all I can do to keep myself on topic most of the time :p

9. A-fucking-men!

10. Don't forget that edibles are MUCH more subject to individuals than smoking/vaping. Although smoking or vaping tends to work for everyone, edibles don't work as well for some individuals. I've never managed to get high from edibles yet, although friends have from the same batches. I might be able to get high off some good and potent ones, but it takes a lot more for me than smoking. Possibly I just haven't had good edibles, but hopefully in a couple months I'll find out as I end up with more disposable weed to experiment with.

Some people just don't metabolize or absorb edibles as well.

11. hubby bars ftw.