Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Peanut Butter Cookies TurboXtreme :) (Pictorial)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by countzer0, Feb 12, 2010.

1. #1 countzer0, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
    Well I needed to make some mind numbing cookies really quick (Bringing my girl to a musical for Vday). Didnt have time to make them from scratch so ran out and got some mix. Called for oil, and i am usually a butter fellow, so i had to mess with the ingredients a bit to get it right. Usually when i make butter i use water so i can throw but loads ( 1-2 oz) into 1 stick of butter. But with oil, water is a pain as you would have to freeze the water, as opposed to the small amount of butter. So long story short I increased the oil using 1 cup for my 2 ounces which barely floated the herb. The recipe called for 1/4 cup so I added an extra egg and 1-1/2 cup flour to make the dough a bit stiffer with the extra oil. Worked out great. Made One Dozen cookies each with about 4 grams. I ate one fresh from the oven about an hour ago and already feel like not going ;)

Not going repeat the steps but will show photos of each step. Its the same as any of my other cookie threads except I used oil instead of butter and no water.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/344095-links-my-posted-recipies-pictorials.html

I added an X to the name as i find that tends to get the young ones attention a bit easier, and heh, I know these aint fire-crackers or nothing. But I try ;)

Attached Files:

2. Those look good. I have been thinking about doing something similar, but with oatmeal raisin.

Good luck getting through the musical!

3. Thanks.. Made it through the musical fine, might have laughed a bit too much and too loudly but all was OK.

If you want to do some oatmeal cookies I have a great homemade recipe i use all the time...

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 cup softened butter
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    2 tsp vanilla
    2 eggs
    1 1/4 cups flour
    2 tsp cinnamon (add extra if cinnamon is older)
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking soda
    3 cups oats
    1 and 1/2 cups raisins
    1 cup chopped walnuts

Beat butter , eggs, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffly. Add eggs; beat until well blended. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Gradulally add to butter mixture until well blended. Stir in oats, raisins and nuts.
    Drop 1/4 cup cupfuls onto ungreased pan Bake in preheated 350 oven 15 to 17 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Let stand 3 minutes before removing from pan. Makes about 1 dozen (I never got more than fifteen).

4. Thanks for the recipe, I'll give it a try.

5. #5 Dizz845, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
    Bro, nice work. That looks great. You think you can give a better tutorial on making the peanutbutter cookies? I just made 1/2 a cup of cannabutter and was thinking of making cookies. Would cannabutter work too? or must I use oil?

::EDIT::
    I'm a moron. I just reread your first post and noticed you got a box mix from the store. LOL

6. #6 countzer0, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
    Helps to read ;)

Sure cannabutter is no problem, just refer to any of my cookie threads that can be found here...

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredibl...ictorials.html

I was just being lazy so i used a store mix. Here is the recipe i use when i make these from scratch....

Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups flour, sift or stir before measuring 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 cup shortening 1/2 cup peanut butter 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1 egg

Preparation:

Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside. Cream shortening, peanut butter, and sugars; beat in vanilla and egg. Stir in flour mixture, blending well. Shape mixture into 3/4-inch balls; place on greased baking sheets. Flatten each cookie with the tines of a fork; dip fork in flour periodically to keep it from sticking to the peanut butter cookie dough. Bake peanut butter cookies at 375 for about 10 to 12 minutes.

I was short on time, thats why i used oil this time instead of butter/shortening. I did not have to time to wait for the butter to separate.

A little bit of fun history. Bakers would score their PB cookies with a fork so people with nut allergies could easily identify them ;)

Thanks for your interest and hope this helps....