Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No-Smell Cannabutter? Possible?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by LovaOfThaGreen, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Alright so a friend of mine is trying to have some cannabutter brownies/cookies at his party in a couple of weeks. I live at home while commuting to college and my parents are completely against weed. Typical Christian family. I'm trying to find out how I could make some cannabutter without stinking up the entire house. I read elsewhere a method where you boil/microwave a stick of butter until it's really hot and pour it over some weed inside a thermos, then seal it and leave it for a few hours. After the THC is extracted you pour it through a cheesecloth, let it harden, and use it as normal. The person who described the method claimed it worked. Can anyone confirm if this will work? Or does anyone else have another non-smell method? My parents would know the smell of weed, they caught my brother cooking hash brownies one time a year or so back.

2. I don't know what everyone elses experience with making cannabutter is, but when I made it it barely smelt at all, not enough to make the whole house smell like weed. If you're nervous about it just bake something else with a stronger smell while you're making it. Or burn some toast.

3. Oh I was always under the impression it stunk horribly. So if I'm only making a few grams worth of cannabutter and I burn some popcorn or something and keep the windows open do you think I'd be safe?

4. Try making some green dragon. It will take about a month per batch but there is no smell.

5. I made some canaoil today, and i might say my friends garage is ruined. It smelles like burnt chinese food my hands still smell from geting all the oil out of the filter, i really doubt a smelless option is avaible.

6. Then you likely burned the weed. May have also burnt out some of the THC.

For the OP, use as little heat as possible, maybe like a crock pot on low. You could try melting the butter before and putting it in a thermos, should work. The more time the better. Heat speeds things up but really should only be used to melt the butter. If you do oil no heat is needed at all.

7. Alright as soon as my friend gives me the 1/4 I'm trying the thermos method. I'll post back with results.

8. i live with my parents too, similar but different story i used the burner on my grill to boil my piece when i cleaned it so if you have a grill you can use it for the cannabutter im assuming.

9. no man boil the butter on a stove put it in the thermous well hot mix with a quarter to half of weed let simmer strain the stuff then letit get hard microwaving the butter it wont harden up again

10. Just made some cannabutter today, really didn't stink that much. It only got badwhen i was cooking the brownies. After like an hour in the fridge the butter was neon green and tasty, if its black you burned the shit out of it.

11. Well it turns out the brownie mix I have calls for oil, so I'm opting for cannaoil instead. I'm glad because it looks quicker and easier, I'm assuming all I do is simmer the weed in some oil on low on a stove for like 45 mins, then I'm probably gonna throw it in a thermos anyway and let it sit to get more THC out. Would this be low on the smell-factor? And does baking the brownies with the already-strained-out cannaoil smell? I'd figure since the weed is out of it, it wouldn't smell much more than making normal brownies...

12. You should buy a rice cooker and make it in your room... Just get a box fan, put it behind the rice cooker while facing the window and there you go.

13. as long as they will be out all day man.

for example, if they leave for work at like 8 or 9 or whatever, get up and start doing it then, keep ur windows open all day and keep them open untill ur parents get home from work. it wont smell at all trust me.

well if it was to smell like anything it would just be like chinese food or whatever.

this is obviously presuming your parents work all day.