Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Countzer0's "Emerald Dragon" (Pictorial Howto)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by countzer0, Jun 7, 2009.

1. #1 countzer0, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
    There has been allot of talk about green dragon / alcohol extraction here recently so I decided to write up this quick howto.

Lets Begin..

Things needed:

2 Large Mason Jars
    About an ounce of herb
    1 fifth of grain alcohol (Everclear or anything at least 151 proof)
    1 funnel
    Coffee Filters
    Candy Thermometer
    Pot (the kitchen variety)

1:

Decarbolize any fresh herb in the oven on a cookie sheet with foil at 325F for 5 minutes. This will convert remaining THC-A to Delta 9 which we want. I used 1/2 ounce fresh herb and 1/2 ounce vapor poo. You do not need to do this to the vapor poo.

2:

Add herb to jar and cover it with about twice as much alcohol. Cover and shake vigorously and put away for 1 hr.

3:

Uncap jar and place thermometer in it. Then place the jar in the pot of water and gradually heat the water. Heat the water till the thermometer reads 170. I usually begin turning the heat back down before this so it doesn't over shoot. Once you reach temperature set stove to simmer and wait for at least 20 minutes. The longer you go you will start loosing some of the alcohol but what is left will be more potent.
    (Be carefull no open flames while doing this)

4:

Remove from heat and cool. Then put coffee filter in funnel and pour through slowly. Squeeze the last bit out. Throw away the herb in the coffee filter. Set a new filter in funnel and put funnel into your now empty bottle and filter one more time.

5:

Be careful and enjoy! About 1 shot of this does it for me. You can cook it longer to remove more alcohol and you would only need a few teaspoon fulls. I ended up with about 12 ounces which would be about 8 shots. I started with 15 ounces so a few cooked off. So 1 shot of this batch is about 1 and 3/4 grams.

Photos....

Attached Files:

2. Heres a good recipe for a mixed drink using your green dragon....

Add the zest of 3 lemons to 5 ounces of your green dragon. Let sit for about an hour.

Filter the lemon zest out and add the green dragon to 5 ounces of heavy cream or half&half. Shake and store in freezer for a few hours.

Remove from freezer and you will have a creamy delicious treat.

Serves 5

3. Damn I want to try this, but afraid to do it with good buds would it be ok to do this with some middies?

4. #4 countzer0, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
    Sure I used half fresh mids for my batch and half dank vapor poo..

Was thinking of you a few weeks back, check my cookie thread from a week or so ago, we were in new smyrna at my parents condo for 2 weeks (the rainy ones before memorial day) and were bored shitless.. We brought mad dank, the vaporizer and 9 foot bag, made herb cookies, etc...

Almost thought about dropping you a line but i know its real sketchy at best meeting people from the net. That smoke shop up there is sketchy. I almost bought a roor, but everyone they had on the shelf was scratched to shit or had major blemishes (kinda thought they might be knock offs). It was the one beachside across from the PO.

5. Dude WTF??? we could have blazed some of the fabled triangle kush! I didn't know they had roors there, I would bet they are knockoffs they had china shit in there a while ago I never went back just get stuff online FMB and BFG. Coming back again?

6. This brought back memory's way back in the day when all you could get was crap from Mexico. we would do the same thing with the stems and seeds deconcoct down to an oil mix it back with the weed... we use to call it super-weed ...Man I am glad those days are over :smoking:

7. I prefer good bud actually. The less potent the weed, the more material you use. Then when you are cookin it up you end up getting alot more plant junk in there and it really effects the already nasty taste.

This isnt nearly as big of an issue when heating, but with the sitout method it makes a very big difference.

Either way the result will be awesome. Green dragon is real fun

8. Im starting to prefer the green dragon as my extraction method of choice as opposed to butter. With the dragon you can cook with it in recipe's that don't need need butter or oil, and the alcohol will cook off leaving the good stuff. You can also put some on some herb and smoke it, or leave some out to evap and have some hash. In general it is proving more versatile. Plus it seems more efficient at extracting. Although i have been told alcohol/butter extraction makes a meaner butter then just weed/butter or weed/butter/water. Can even make some cannabutter if you need after the fact by adding some green dragon and butter to a jar and cooking off the alcohol.

9. If I cannot get everclear in florida what else could I use?

10. The sell 151 proof everclear in FL, use that or Bacardi 151 (i prefer everclear)

Somn else ive been doin, is buying some orange/lemon extract and just pouring some of that over the weed for a few days, then adding everclear. The extract adds a lil taste to the final product (still tastes like shit tho), and its like 85% alcohol.

Also, New Smyrna Beach ftw. My parents have a condo in Port Orange and I know Ive seen a few others mention NSB around the forums... Next time I plan on being there (at UF now), i might have to try and organize a lil GC beach smokeout.

Edit: Thought I should mention greendragonsoda.com thats what got me started experimenting with the GD

11. I get Everclear in FL, as a matter of fact i bought that in your hometown when i was there. Try a different liquor store.

You can use anything 151 proof, i prefer something without flavoring like the everclear or vodka.

12. "I am the DragonSlayer!" coach

Word, I tried it....spilt some of it...fortunately no one saw me licking my kitchen counter for about 10 minutes...taste lick shnozberries

13. What he said ;)

14. Ah right on, I just googled it since I have never purchased any before. Thanks for the heads up though. I am gonna do an oz of vape poo that was assorted kush strains. I was gonna do butter but this seems way more interesting. I am looking for a painkilling tincture as I suffer from chronic pain in my leg. Think this could be it.

15. make this a stickaroo

16. Here is another quick recipe on what to do with your green dragon whether you make it my way or some other way you will enjoy this.

We all know that the green dragon goes down hard so here is a good mix you can make.

1 part green dragon
    1/2 part simple syrup
    1 part crushed ice

Simple syrup is made by boiling equal parts water and sugar till full dissolved, then let it cool a bit.

So to serve 5 people a 1 ounce shot of the dragon...

5 ounces green dragon
    2.5 ounces simple syrup (2.5 ounces water / 2.5 ounces sugar)
    5 ounces crushed ice (or add ice and green dragon to blender if need be)

17. I second that

18. Another Green Dragon recipe i just made.....

Making a special white sauce to use on rice/meats/pasta/biscuits:

1 ounce of green dragon per person eating dish
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons flour
    1 cup milk
    salt
    white or black pepper

Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in green dragon and simmer for about 10-15 minutes to reduce the alcohol content; stir in flour. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Do not brown. Gradually stir in milk and continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.

I used this for some biscuits and gravy this morning and it rocked!!!! For a creamier sauce i used half&half instead of milk.

19. Think I am going to make this on Saturday. I am using that oz of duff and gonna get a half of mids to throw in. Is it ready to use right away?

20. #20 countzer0, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
    Yes should be ready to go right away. I would definitely let it cool mine stood at about 150F for almost any hour.

My second batch i let it cool all the way then brought it back to 170 one more time as i had read on another post elsewhere of the possiblilty of converting CBN/CBD's to THC with a second cook. Its hard to tell but i think it may have increased the potency.

The decarbolization process converts the THC-A to Delta 9 THC, the initial cook gets it extracted, then a final cook to try to coax the additional CBN/CBD's to THC as well.