Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

The GD doesn't leave anything behind. Coconut oil does a little bit but that mainly is on the top and gets sipped off quickly. Honey and agave and glycerin dissolves right in. I'm looking at this morning's coffee mug that I put my GD in and see nothing more than the coffee stain I keep forgetting to scrub out like any other regularly used coffee cup.  :) 

2. Ever try infusing cream cheese, Sam?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. that trips me out, the caffein makes me super jittery alone mix it with GD and it = a bad trip lol. but it taste really good in Cola too

4. perfect for cheesecakes

5. Ive actually had residue build up when I mix it in my drinks as well :O. #151problems ? lol

I'm not a big cream cheese eater. Never really cared for cheesecake. When I cooked I liked to use cream cheese for frosting and such and if I wasn't all alone, I might try it but it would just go to waste otherwise.  :) 

I find it hard to imagine a residue buildup for just a few drops of tincture. If I use coconut oil in the coffee or tea then I will notice a light oil sheen on the sides and bottom, but I use 2-3ml when I do, so a little is expected. Since I don't use my concentrated capsule oil, it usually takes a higher dose but comparatively there's no potency left behind. When I make hot chocolate, I only use the coconut oil and then I do have a foamy residue that does have some oil in it but it's a negligible amount.  :) 

8. I use more than a couple drops its more like a short pour... I kinda feel like I need to try the 190 to make a legit GD like yours. OR maybe save up for a big bud run. (Prices are so high tho lol)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Hey you can always share with the neighbors if u cant finish lol

I wish i lived in a place where you can feel the community spirit. Everyone would share goodies and look out for one another... if only if only lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

You can make a 151 GD that only takes a few drops if you use hash/kief. That allows you to use a minimal amount of alcohol and no reduction is needed. 1 or 2 grams in an ounce of 151 would give you a buttkicker.  ;) 

I share with my friends but there aren't enough of them left anymore and I tried sharing with the neighbors but it seemed that all the sharing was coming from me and not them. I don't live in a neighborhood where you necessarily want to meet the neighbors, though. My friends have a minimum 50 mile round trip to see me or me them. If my circumstances were different I'd love to be a BKS-type cannachef and make all kinds of fancy stuff to share but I'm not holding my breath.  :)

11. Sam, I like ya just the way you are dude!!  You make it simple....at least for people like me....  

I respect BKS, her methods, and her and her treats look delightful...she is obviously a very caring person.  But being a single guy for several years, my kitchen is not near the level of hers...and she sorta takes it to a gourmet level..which I think is cool...but most likely above my abilities....  

And the majority of my friends that hang around here are guys who come by to drink a couple beers, get high, shoot a little pool, and lie about women...lol   

Thanks for your support, Happy. There's room for everyone and, boy howdy, do I wish I could make stuff like she does, but unfortunately I think there's more like us who don't have all the abilities and have to make do than there are of her, at least in my circles. But I salivate looking at her pictures as much as anyone.  :) 

13. Hi PsychedelicSam, Great info on this Thread!!! I hope ya dont mind me soakin up some Knowledge.. I have been around GC for a while and am always looking for New/Better ways of doing things. I have a Very open approach to making the Oil/RSO. I use a Fondue cooker with a pot inside of it to make my Oil. I have better control of my temps as opposed to using a Rice cooker, which is what I used when I started making RSO a while back..Anywho Hi and thank's!

Pilgrim

You're welcome to as much knowledge as you can hold, Lilpilgrim. Hopefully you'll find a tidbit here that you can add to your collection:)

I almost got a fondue pot to use for my heat but instead I continue to use my rice cooker. I only use it as the heat for a double boiler set up, using a stainless steel bowl for the top. I've actually got 4 different things that I've used over time and probably will have a few more before it's all over, ultimately with a countertop distiller...when I win the lottery. 

15. I worked for these folks -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lte5VZD31HI

16. I live in a pretty decent place.  When my wife was going through treatments, all kinds of people were dropping off food, weed and even a really nice hand made blanket.  And this spring I put out word in the community that I was looking for some starts, and three showed up at our door.  All organic too.  Now my wife has donated the blanket back to the sewing circle to pass along to the next needy soul.  Just thought I'd share.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That sounds so nice! I never even speak to my neighbors. I did speak to them once when their kids were throwing apples in my hot tub.

I don't understand why everyone else can take these tinctures and it does not mess up their tolerance. i am afraid to ever do an edible again. It took me days to be able to get stoned after my last edible experiment with AVB.

Sam is pineapple kush considered an Indica? this dealer/grower was tryng to tell me that Kush is all in it's own catagory, not a sativa not an indica.

I didn't argue with him though bc right now he is growing grand daddy purple. Yippe. I've been wanting to try that.

Sounds like a great community you have there, fw. It's nice to have that kind of support when you need it and it would be really nice if everyone realized that we're all in this together and helped each other more. My lack of community here is as much my fault as anything else. I have a hearing issue that makes it difficult to converse sometimes and that combined with the transiency of most of the residents makes social interactions a challenge. However, I believe people everywhere have that sense of community and use it more often than we get credit for.  :) 

Pineapple Kush is an Indica dominant hybrid that's mostly Indica. Original Kush is a pure Indica from Afganistan and it's been bred with all kinds of things but it's mainly an Indica dominant. There are some Kushes, particularly OG Kush and others like it, that are as much Sativa (or more), but a majority of Kushes are Indica dom. The GDP will be an Indica, too.  :smoking: