Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glycerin tinture in e-cig

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by WeedLoving, May 6, 2012.

1. if i use 3-4g of some mids and cover up slightly above the weed with glycerin for 2 months and put it in my e cig, will i get high?
    I really wanna try this but i dont wanna waste my money, i can get more weed if needed but i need to know if it will work

2. i wanna know about this too. i dont think its possible. idk if the temp gets high enough for vaporization of thc. subbd to this to find out. gonna give it a try with some quiso.

3. Where there's a will there's a way OP, us stoner folk are very crafty people.

4. it'll be hard to get it concentrated enough for you to feel any effect, because one dose will have to be less than half a milliliter. you can make a tincture, but for e cigs hash/kief ideal

5. Glycerin Tincture Tutorial, with E-Cig tips...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course you can use it in E-cigs, and for both sublingual (under-the-tongue) and buccal (cheek) applications in sprayer and dropper bottles, as well as lip balm (or lip 'BOMB') applicators. [​IMG]

And the e-cig specific link again (which mambugaw already shared):

http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/702027-e-cigarettes-how-canna.html#post8828972

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dosing is different for everyone.
    Carts only hold so much tincture.

With that in mind, just try to fit your usual session's worth of smoke, into 1ml or ideally less total tincture, if you want to vape in a reasonable amount of time. It's simple, just do the math with your canna weight and your glycerin volume. :)

Glycerin is the carrier; it is a POWERFUL 'vapor vehicle'... meaning, it carries properly infused (and -only- properly infused) chemical components at lower temperatures than they would otherwise turn to vapor. :)

Hope this helps, good luck and have fun! :wave:

6. I just made hashoil with the butane extraction method, then heated a few daps and mxied with some organic peanut oil and it made a e-cig friendly solution. I'm sure i could use the whole run of hash oil and more peanut oil or glycerin f that is less toxic and make a whole supply.

7. You do NOT want to inhale lipid containing cooking oil... this is why people who work as short order chefs sometimes have higher instances/rates of certain cancers and respiratory diseases.

Most cooking oils, in concentration, have been proven to be more harmful to your lung tissues and long-term respiratory function, than the tars and debris from most common intentionally, and unintentionally inhaled burning plant matter. :(

Inhaling cooking oil is highly carcinogenic, and noxious-tasting practice, besides that inhaling cooking oil even infrequently (peanut and similar soil, in particular, have been studied where two of the largest studies of their kind were performed in Thailand, and another in China) has been proven to contribute to a myriad of respiratory diseases including lung cancers, even in those people who do not smoke tobacco or vape cannabis, but even that aside, unlike the glycerin used in traditional e-cig formulas, most oil does not effectively vape the full range of cannabinoids at the average e-cig temperature where oil is not en effective vehicle, once the solvent is rendered to vapor form.

Inhaling fatty oils causes scarring, permanent damaging, debris that the lungs can not remove, certain oils are highly toxic to lung tissue and have carcinogenic, mutagenic consequences, and any debris left behind can create scar tissue that builds up, potentially becoming cancerous in and of itself.

It's also known to cause lipid pneumonia, and permanently reduced lung function.

(Where as cannabis, for instance, even by those scientists who oppose its use, has never been scientifically linked or proven to cause lung damage or reduced function, in fact more recent studies show that our practiced breathing techniques cause us on average, to have a greater lung capacity than 100% non-smokers.

Fun fact: Most of the common cooking oil in general used with cannabis, even when taken or eaten orally to be digested properly, is more toxic and harmful to your body than the cannabis glandular material it contains.

But in those terms, eating oil is fine compared to inhaling it; your fatty lung cells and the respiratory system itself is not designed to process or cope with contact and exposure to so much fatty/lipid-containing material. Every place a droplet lands, sustains damage.

Most plant smoke, containing water vapor and tars, terpenoid oils, from for instance tea leaves, common herbal and tobacco-less mixes, to even unadulterated tobacco, are known to be safer for, and much more easily dealt with by your lung tissues, than concentrated lipid/oils. )

And excerpt from the glycerin tutorial, linked in the above post;

And a few excerpts from http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/702027-e-cigarettes-how-canna-4.html#post12288712

This is why you do not even use the small pinch of lecithin in the glycerin tincture formula if you intend on using it with e-cigs, because it has a lipid/oil content. :eek:

**** It's a serious and real concern; if you go to ANY e-cigarette forum, they will even advise you against using just the teeniest, tiniest drop of certain natural flavoring oils, diluted in OUNCES of liquid e-juice, because many fragrant, concentrated plant essences or 'oils', along with terpenoids, during extraction pull in and contain high concentrations of fatty/lipid oils, that can damage the lungs, and that asidem ruin the overall flavor you're trying to achieve once the temperature is raised during vaping. ****

Hope this helps clear things up! :wave: :smoke:

8. Understood, so if i put say a half ounce of dank weed how much glycerin do I need to mix it with to make the tincture. I put say a half ounce of grinded dank in a jar fill it with glycerin and heat it for 5-8 hours and it will be a solution that works in the pen? Sorry your how to was a tad bit confusing great pictures but it didnt walk me through the steps of how to make the actual mixture. THanks for the help dude!

9. It's just as the tutorial describes, using the math, just;

Add your required dose in activated hash/concentrate, plus the amount of glycerin needed, per the total amount of glycerin tincture you wish to use each serving/session, then seal, heat and age to encourage bioavailability, using the temps and times as described and suggested in the tutorial, based on your needs.

It would be the same process, were you instead using flowers.

It's so simple, that maybe the pictures just distracted you from the concept :)

So for instance, where the math is concerned, and knowing that with concentrates/oils 1g = roughly 1ml, then if you use 0.05g concentrate per session, and you want a .5ml total dose, you would use roughly 0.45ml glycerin + .05g hash concentrate.

With 1 gram of concentrate, using your 0.05g per session dose, that's 20 doses.

20 x .45ml = about 9ml glycerin, required per each gram of hash.

Just substitute and enter your actual values (numbers or amount of hash per session, and desired amount of tincture) into the above, and you'll easily find the amounts and rations you need to achieve the desired outcome. :hello:

:)

10. @bks I give you props you know your stuff. Ioce into my own appartment with a buddy in one week for summer classes in Orlando for college I just graduated high school. I've been living at home with anti cannibis parents so I haven't had the chance to expire net so this is all new to me even extracting hash oil!

So what type of jar do you use, what type of glycerin(link or store) and what temperature and how long do you heat it until

11. My friend gets thc cartrages from the club but they suck.