Hi-Tek Ninja DWC w/Pictures

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by kushmanno, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Advanced Nutrients 3-part Grow,Micro,Bloom
    Advanced Nutrients B-52
    General Hydroponics pH up/down solution

100w horticultural fluroescent
    two crappy airstones (soon to be replaced)

Blueberry x Sour Diesel

Bucket to the left has two freshly transplanted clones in it, and the bucket to the right just one plant....going into week 2 in the 3.5gal buckets. Soon to introduce a bad ass bumbaclaud 1000w dim-able, digital. So once that happens I'm going to veg for another two weeks with the new light system at 50% with a MH bulb, then turn it up to 100% and put in the HPS bulb.

Note: I just changed the water today with bucket A (w/ the two plants) having a ph of 5.5 and ppm of aprox. 180.......and bucket B (w/ one plant) with a ppm of 300. I did this to see how far I can push this strain....taking notes for round 2 in a few months.

Attached Files:

2. As you can see they are not 110% correct, as the tips of leaves kind of curl/twist downward......after consulting a few people we think it's overwatering as the temps,ph and ppm seem to be right on the ney

3. looks good :smoke:

4. added two more airstones, 1per/bucket, and added 3ml of b-52 to a 2liter spray bottle. sprayed them today to see how good the b-52 works as a foliar spray.pictures soon

5. Damn I was hoping to see something high tech.

6. I'm Hi-Tek. And a Ninja

7. Just a few suggestions...Well first off I doubt over watering is the issue. Vegging plants would really like more rh then 40ish. 60% is a good target for veg and 50 for flowering. The dry air is causing them to drink more then they want... You're going to have issues with rh even more so once the hid gets in there and then there is the heat that comes along with that...You do have a plan for dealing with that, right? Also the bucket with two plants you should separate them. One of those is going to get bigger and stronger and take the other plant over and it will either die or get drowned out and yield less. In your notes you're taking daily ph and ppm readings, correct? Do you know what the number swings indicate?

8. doesnt look like over watering. Looks like your nutes were too high at one point. Those burned tips wont heal so just move on.

also, replace ALL of that black stuff with reflective mylar

9. this isnt necessarily true. Theyre clones too so they could EASILY be from the same plant so they grow EXACTLY the same height

so negative Bizie :)

10. It would help reflect light and heat but its not necessary. Most professional growers use plain black buckets to block light and sometimes panda film on the top if even anything... The mylar is good to keep the temp down though as it reflects all heat and light. The black is good to keep water temp up as it absorbs light and heat and reflects nothing. Depending on ones desired water temp mylar or reflective material may be helpful but its not absolutely necessary.

11. noone said it was. when the lights are on youre typicaly looking for cooler temps

12. I see because I post and try to help someone who is getting no help now you all the sudden feel the need to put your two cents in...Always gotta be trolling my post's..

You're completely wrong ace like usual. Clones from the same plant can and often do grow at different rates with different stages of vigor. The one that gets the biggest root structure will over take the smaller one. The statement was made assuming all of those clones were from the same mother...

Please stop trolling my post's.

13. get over yourself Bizie. Noones following you around.

Ive grown plenty of times in the same bucket in the beginning with ZERO problems. You suggesting that its not possible shows your inexperience. Now can we please get along and help people?

14. I never said it wasn't possible. Quote that for me please.

You statement says it perfectly....
    kushmanno regardless of what ace says its best to separate the plants asap. I do clone and veg in one large multi plant site but they often get entangled roots and to leave them like this through flower causes it even more. The closer and more mature the plants are the more problems it will be having with plants in the same tub. Those plants are both in the same net cup and I see that being difficult to separate...
    Different net cups in the same tub is possible and the roots will still battle each other but if you keep the plants spread out enough it would not be detrimental. For dwc BUCKETS it is best to give each plant their own.

Just trying to give you optimal results.

Were not talking about whats gonna get the grow finished...we want optimal results.

This is by no means a zero maintenance over inspired underachiever set up... :D

15. good one Bizie :D I literally LOL'ed...and its been awhile :)

16. Interesting growth because I've treated both buckets exactly the same until the last feeding in which one bucket had a total of 300ppm while the otherat180ppm.

In terms of separating them I don't think that's possible at all due to the roots being tangled......

Ace, I assume I can almost double the nutrient amounts considering there are two root systems to feed? On another note I added two more stones and sprayed someh20/b-52 on the leaves with great results.

17. oh yeah.... can't seem to get rid of this algae so i'm ordering some strata sos beneficial fungi/bacteria and see how that works

18. do NOT double dose that bucket. PPM is Parts Per Million so its kindof like a percentage. keep both buckets relatively the same PPM

19. what algea? where is it? Just block its light source! :)

20. Okay Ace you're not always wrong...my bad. :)

As we can see he already has entangled roots and we all know the fight will begin here...watch and learn friends.