2x4 Flood and Drain Tray FIRST GROW

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by ichargerb, Dec 30, 2011.

1. So i finally got My set up running. It is 18 plants under a 1000w hps light. they are feeding every 4 hours for 15 min. They were in an easy cloner under a florescent light for a week, (20/4). Then i was suggested to put them under the hps for 24 hours for a few days. its been about 4 days now and some of the plants are getting yellow spots and the leaves are curling under (i picked the best example most of them arent that bad and some are fine). Anyways the ppm's have been around 1100, but the Ph is around 7 i am going to get Ph down tomorrow but could this be the reason for the yellow spots or do i need to get somethin else too. Open to any suggestions you have this is my first grow so any help is greatttttt.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like you might have accidentally splashed nutes on the leaf. It's not all over just in select areas and on the tips from what I can see in your pics. How far away is the light and what week are you in?

3. the light is about 2 feet away an i am going 12/12 tomorrow i think

4. [quote name='"ichargerb"']the light is about 2 feet away an i am going 12/12 tomorrow i think[/quote]

What's the maximum height your light can be raised? I'm thinking you might be switching to soon. Also correct your ph ASAP.

5. i can raise the light about another 2 feet should i raise it? The light is air cooled and there is a fan on the plants. and should i drop the ph all at once or slowly

6. [quote name='"ichargerb"']

i can raise the light about another 2 feet should i raise it? The light is air cooled and there is a fan on the plants. and should i drop the ph all at once or slowly[/quote]

Do you know your strain? % of sativa/indica? Your lights are fine but as they get rooted I'd drop it closer. For the ph, when did you last give fresh nutes? Or change the res completely? I'd dump everything, make a new soup with the correct ph! Do that ASAP!

7. its a brand new res ive been using it for a few days now i was gonna get Ph down then in a few days make a new one after i see what happens im all new to this

8. [quote name='"ichargerb"']its a brand new res ive been using it for a few days now i was gonna get Ph down then in a few days make a new one after i see what happens im all new to this[/quote]

Your ph is way to high... Hydro should be 5.6-5.8, being at 7 will certainly kill them :( if you don't want issues with your grow I'd get some ph up and down. Also your strain, do you know what it is?

9. its mostly church and i was told there is a few purple pinecone clones in there

10. actually i meant critical pkus not church haha sorry

11. I wanna put some picture updates on here but i cant figure it out. Do you have to upload them to photobucket or what. Putting pics on photobucket seems sketchy.

12. [quote name='"ichargerb"']I wanna put some picture updates on here but i cant figure it out. Do you have to upload them to photobucket or what. Putting pics on photobucket seems sketchy.[/quote]

Are you using the GC app or a computer? You can actually upload from both.

13. from the computer...

14. [quote name='"ichargerb"']from the computer...[/quote]

Well at the bottom when you can do a quick reply or go advanced hit the advanced button. It'll bring you to another page and from there scroll down and look for a thing that says manage attachments or something. Click that. Now a second window will pop up and from there you can upload pictures and such.

15. Finally got some pics up. They have been in 12/12 for 8 days now. Ph is at about 6.0 and ppms are at 750. Should i raise the ppms and do i need to flush them anytime soon?

Attached Files:

16. [quote name='"ichargerb"']Finally got some pics up. They have been in 12/12 for 8 days now. Ph is at about 6.0 and ppms are at 750. Should i raise the ppms and do i need to flush them anytime soon?[/quote]

How many weeks have they been in there? Flushing isnt done till your last 10-14 days.

17. they have been in there for a week of veg and so far a week or 8 days of 12/12

18. anyone have info on ppms...

19. 750 should be a good start, second week bump it to maybe 850 and top out at like 950-1000