Floating on AE's SeaOfGreen

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by AlteredEgo, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Hello to the Fellow Blades:wave:

Ive been lurking, and posting:), round these parts for a couple years now. Recently I've made some lifestyle changes, that included a new screen name:mad:, and an attempt at hydrogardening:). So I figured since most of what I know about Cannacultivation came from these parts I'd toss up a journal to document my journey and mayhap pass along some "learin'" to others.:D

Last night the babies left their clone-home and headed into the veg tables. Currently they are at 400ppm and 5.85ph. Since I was slightly over-zealous on my transplant date, Im flooding every 3 hours for 30 min. If all looks well I will back that off tonight.

If you are wondering, Im using 'most' of Botanicare's Power line. Basing my numbers off their feeding schedule found on their site.

Hehe, good thing I previewed..Or I would have forgot to let you know what flavor these girls are:rolleyes:, the front row is SourDiesel crossed with a Purple strain, and the back row is SilverShark.

Attached Files:

• 053.jpg
      053.jpg
      File size:
      438.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Good Monday morning to all,:D.

I had what I hope was a calcium deficiency. This I should have corrected with a rez change with fresh nutes, including Cal*Mag.

I use RO water, which I understand necessitates the use of Cal*Mag, but my feeding chart doesnt list any for seedlings/clones, so I left it out.:mad: Shouldnt have:confused:, not absoultly sure.

My PPMs are now at 690, PH is 6.1 ( added a dropper of "Down" so I should be at 5.9something now)

Here are fresh pics, tried to get a couple showing the roots.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      336.2 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      289 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      294.6 KB
      Views:
  3. Update: Flower Time:D

Missed my goal of 10 day veg, missed out of lazy but thats neither here nor there:p, got the girlies moved on day 11 though so Im happy.

I did get slightly over zealous when mixing my nutes and got a rather high ppm. 1350:eek:. If there is one thing I learned with dirt was patience....So....I set the ph to 5.8 and let them sit.

This morning, morning to the girls, They look(ed) good, no nute-burn as of yet. PH had come up to 6 so I adjusted to 5.8 and am going to watch them close but I'm going to run with the 1350tds.

Attachments:
    First a shot of some roots taken during the move.
    Second a shot just after the move.
    Third a shot today of whole group.
    Fourth a shot of the SourD purple cross.
    Fifth a shot of the Silver Shark

Attached Files:

• 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      345.5 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      550.5 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      543.7 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      516.4 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      548.8 KB
      Views:
  4. Hello again Blades:wave:

The Hydro experiance is going well.

The girls are looking great, even under what I presume is a high TDS(1300)
    My ph seems to get a bit of upward creep, but, this is easily fixed:D. Mayhap that using a different nute line would fix this, but I dont find a daily check and ph adjustment to be that big of a deal.

Here are a couple of pics taked over the last 24 hours.

:poke:Thanks for lurking:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      576.6 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      578.9 KB
      Views:
  5. Hi Hi Hi There:smoke:

Just finished up a rez change to bring me out of "Transition":rolleyes:

Went great until I came across the PM:mad:. But I've fought the dreaded PM in the past:eek:, and learned how to deal with it. (first attchment, not sure if you can see the PM, but it looks like powdered sugar)

Which brings me to the rez stats:, The girls drank upwards of 12 gallons last week, thirsty they are:D, but because of the PM, *shakes a VERY angry first at sky* I only mixxed up 10 gallons to get me through the night( seems like alot I know but..they tray alone prolly holds 7 gallons when full and I dont need any burnt pumps ) So..why a small rez..well Im doing a Sulfur burn tomarrow morning, night for the girls..which will solve my current bout of PM....But, may mean another rez change...This is my first sulfur treatment with hydrogarden...Right, sorry for rambling, 5.65ph, 805ppm.

Heres the pics:Dthanks for looking

For anyone keeping track we are in day 19/20 from the cloner:hello:

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      125.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      594.9 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      419.3 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      436.2 KB
      Views:
  6. oh mann subbed ssubberooo those look nice! reppp

7. Thanks, this if my frist Hydro run so its lots of stress but I dont think Im ever looking back:cool:

8. Awesome!! Sub!!

9. Alright, sorry I'm not a super often poster.:eek:

Mostly its been quiet, my rez didn't go super whack when I did a sulfur burn, so I just topped it off and am going to milk it for another week then I'll do the scheduled rez swap.:D

Here's hoping that my stretch is over cuz I'm running out of room.

But I have good bud site formation so I think I'll be alright.

1 bit of bad news, this pertains to the second attachment, I have seen some spider mites in another section of my garden. Since I had a run in with these bastards 2 years ago and lost some plants I'm taking a pro-active approach. This morning to me, evening to the babies, I neem oiled the whole garden. Then off to my LHS for a batch a Ladybugs. They sell 1500 for $10. Sent in a battalion of maybe 150:p, with more to follow:devious:.

Here are the 2 pics, thanks for taking a drift with me.:smoke:

Attached Files:

• 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      627.2 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      437.8 KB
      Views:
  10. hellll yeah! kill those fuckers!
    good on ya.

11. Well, here is the weekly:hello:

Just did a rez change, ph 5.65 unadjusted, leaving it there. tds is super high at 1575...but Im not going to stress. I will top off in a couple days with RO and Cal/Mg. My tds has been higher than I thought would be acceptable for this whole grow and Im not seeing adverse results:rolleyes:, so Im sticking with it.

The Ladies, bugs that is, seem to be doing their job and keeping those pesky mites in check.

I dipped my mothers in a neem solution, they arent dead, and no mites, but they look kinda rough:mad: Here is to hoping:confused:

The pics should be self explanatory, thanks for taking a peak.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      597.9 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      428.1 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      327.1 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      391 KB
      Views:
  12. Ive been lame and not posting:mad:

Things are going well though, and after my rez change I will toss up new shots:D

It has been rather stormy on my sea, and now it is quite clear my mothers are a loss. That one that may survive I'm sure would be hermie after all the stress. But all is not lost:rolleyes: In fact thisgs are looking bright and sunny. I recieved my seeds from the 'Tude and after a trip to my LHS tomarrow I'll have fresh genitics up and running, fingers crossed.

Untill next time, Keep it Green GC.

13. :hello:As promised here are the pics after the rez change.:hello:

If you are a number cruncher here they are ph 5.77 tds 1286:D

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      674.7 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      558.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      529.9 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      611.4 KB
      Views:
  14. I'm jelly. those main colas are going to make you proud, my friend

15. High ego..:wave:
    welcome to the flood table club:D...
    I would like to suggest to run ur ph a lil higher,,, try not to let them get under 5.8..
    cal/mag both lift from the water automatically because of evap so by letting that get that low ur just starvin them of cal/mag when it is availible. ;)...
    Looking great though man..nice garden my friend..:D

16. Thanks for the look and the info 'Slinger:D

This is my first table run, first at any Hydro to be honest, and frankly it has gotten out of control. As I came from soil I didn't believe the 'wild' claims made by the hydro-crowd. My table of ladies has grown wildly out of control, and is now beyond my ability to properly take care of them:mad:, but there are worse things.:D

My next run I plan to try "True-SoG" with lots of trimming and hopefully just main colas, also I will add some support netting right from the start, hehe hindsight is 20/20.

On the topic of next run..I recently made some seed orders. The 'Tude, although expensive came trough with super quick shipping. Nirvana on the other hand was slow, I made support ticket to them and they reshipped and it was quick..who knows.. Long story short..I now have plenty of seed stock:D

Since the only MJ plants I have grown have been from clone...I started by just germing my freebies from the 'Tude, G13 PinappleExpress, Dinafem Moby Dick, Dinafem PowerKush...all 3 have broke shell:D, and are now in rockwool and starting to sprout.

Here are my pics:p

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      300.6 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      703.7 KB
      Views:
  17. Ohhh looking awesome look at those colas! We were thinking of doing a true sog next time too.

18. Thanks:p

My current system, although I am sure will yeild plenty of top notch, has gotten out of control and into what I think of as a 'Weed-Hedge". Frankly my harvest date is now in view and me and my trimming partner are starting to dred the mess.:eek: But as I've said before...there are worse problems:).

19. Sorry Im such a lame poster:eek:

My final count was around 14 Oz, a sastifactory number but I feel my quality was lacking. I chalk that up to it being my first hydro run. The next will be better:D