1600w DWC- 5 TOP strains in perfect environment-Photo Heavy!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Dustybowlz, Jan 22, 2011.

1. DId I mention this is my first grow?? :wave:

I am going to try to post as many photos as possible.
    I am a total noob, If anything seems out of place please speak up, Im very green, I just retain a lot of internet info and like attention to detail. :D

WITH THAT BEING SAID, ON WITH THE SHOW.

The room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Heres a few more from some more stuff I got tonight

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. My veg area
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. wow man i'm speechless. all i can say is good luck with your first grow and I can't wait to see things pop off in here. from some of the first pics of the room getting build id guess you liked to build forts as a kid? haha i got fort building flash backs just from viewing. good luck bro.

5. I've was always curious if you could go transplant from dirt to hydro, i guess you can :)

6. Thanks soo much guys, its a lot of work for a noob! Its definitely keeping me on my toes!

I fogot to mention my strains,

I have 2x grape god in flower,
    2x grape god in dwc in veg,
    1x pineapple express in dwc in veg,
    1x og kush in dwc in veg,
    1x northern lights X white widdow
    3x random bagseeds in dwc in veg.

7. Looks nice bro, Im currently building my first room I cant wait to germinate.

8. thats sick im gonna put one of my plants into a rumple bucket now that ive seen how you did that.

9. Thanks, Im new to the "medical" side of MJ and I knew there are a lot of clones in soil in dispensaries/co-op's. There were almost never any clones in hydroton or rockwool. The strains I wanted were in soil. I didnt find anything good for soil to hydro transplant on the web so I made it up myself. the air bubbles are very gentle. I had roots out of the net pot in under 24 hours in all buckets :hello:

Now I dont feel soo bad spending $ on a nice strain and being forced to stick her in soil.

I have actually done 8 plants like this with 100% sucess ratio.

10. Nice work. Nice to see a new home built for the genus of cannabis Woot.

11. New Zipper for Veg door to "insure" its light proof
    [​IMG]

Week 3, Time to trim and cut clones.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. i sir, am subscribed :) i should soon be a legal grower myself :)

13. This is a really nice setup - giving you props. This would be like more of like my dream set up. lmao

14. what did that dwc setup cost you?

i might just make a few rumple buckets or may buy a few buckets pre made.

15. You're a noob?

Ok so we need a word for someone who is 10 levels below you and that's what I'll call myself. Please at least tell me you are a carpenter for a living or something?

Jesus man you are gonna be in bud heaven.

16. Thanks! Its quite a learning curve for me!

THANKS!! Lots of work!! (and $)

I get a discount through my local hydro store so I dont know what retal on stuff is. My air pumps were also more than Id wish to had spent but there quiet as shit so im cool with it.

I want to say It was $360-$400 for-
    2x dual diaphrap quiet air pumps (Im buying another one for flower when time comes)
    8x 3gal buckets, 8x 5gal buckets
    16 lids w/ intigraded net pots
    200' 1/4" hose
    20 T's
    20 large air stones
    1x huge bag of hydroton.

He threw in 1 extra 3 gal and 1 extra 5 gal for mixing and so far I have gone back for 4x 3 gallon ones for mixing. It makes life much easier

I watched 2x friends of mine almost tripple harvest after switching to bubble buckets 3x years ago. They run the Rumple versions. I saw there buckets after years of use and water soaking the adheasives and I figured I want to do it right the first time, vs paying cheaply first off, getting rot in a few buckets, learing and doing it again right. Cheaper to just drop the $400 now.... Whats that, cost of ONE branch.... coff coff.. eh I mean donation... :cool:

17. 100% noob but 100% bud connoiseur :bongin:

I like good POT and "think" I know what I need to do to get it perpetually.

NOW then,

I am a mechanic/ automotive 12v electrican, never done construction, walked around it and seen it done, havent handled it much (2-4 hrs exp). I HAVE made 20+ one off speaker boxs though, very detailed, carpeted, plexi glass, floating amp racks ect.... Im detailed and shit comes natural to me.

My mom taught me to spend my $ right, not charge it and pay cash. Research your intrests and rent at first if you must, Know you want what it is you want and make your purchace wisely. Make sure your items will last through your abuse and the years to come. I dont know, it stuck with everything I do.

Thanks for posting!! :wave:

(Yes I post as a total noob..... I do want to touch a little on the electrical in the rooms. I have an uncle that does electrical and he showed me how to pop my service panel, drop in a dual 30a dueal breaker for a welder we installed in my garage when I first moved in. I used the same knowledge and installed a dual 20a breaker and ran 12/3 to my room and wired two plugs in the wall, each plug has 20a @ 110v. Please dont flame me. Its wireed Gud :D)

18. Heres how I got my info/knowledge/led me to spend somewhere in the $3k+ so far with out a single harvest.

*Saw friends who did it/ love there product when friends are on there game (same friends gave me seriously ZERO help mind you)
    *Lots of internet info
    *Reading countless grow journals
    *Spending countless hours in grow shops
    *I bought these two books and they set it off for me, put things into much better perspective!

[​IMG]

I had asked for my first two clones (the two I have now in soil, in flower) and I got them 2 weeks before I got my $ to build my rooms. I had to bust ass!! No waiting.. Full steam ahead!!

More clones werent available and I couldnt mess anything up. They are a VERY new hybrid, very dank, Won all catagories at this years colorado canabis cup, and I LOVE the smoke.... Grape god... (grapefruit X god bud).

19. This is kind of strange and funny man. I've had my Jorge Cervantes - Indoor Marijuana Horticulture bible for like 5 years before I started growing this last year.

I'm a LONG time smoker/bud snob and I have a mate in England who's a major grower. He got me interested in coconut coir and canna nutes because he said... shit let me quote him from my IM log:

"Will you quit your bitchin? It's easy, stick em in some coconut coir and pour the A & B on. That's it!"

So one day last summer I'm in the dispensary, at lunch no less, and decide hey sure let me get two of those "Strawberry Cough" clones and I'll take em home after work.

Left em in the car all afternoon in a parking garage and they got all wilted. Took em home and refreshed em with a drink but I had NOTHING. No lights, no reflectors, no enclosure, no medium, no nutes.... nada.

Stuck em outside for a few days while I started doing mad research and buying stuff but yea I FORCED myself to get it together because those two little clones weren't dying on me. The time, patience and investment you've made along with the care you've given to your setup is extremely admirable.

Personally I have to substitute time and patience with money, fast reading and shortcuts but it's all and means to the same end. I can't WAIT to see what comes out that Plant Utopia of yours.