2nd Grow-Waikiki Queen

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by td1935, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Hello, My first journal and my 2nd grow. I learned a lot the first grow and now I'm ready for some outside input.
    I'm using CFL 105 watt light bulbs; two 65K Spirals and one 50K Tube style bulb for veg and a Mother for right now. I just moved Mother today and need to create more cubic feet to grow her.
    I have these two on Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, Bloom and House and Garden Root Excelurator.
    That's all for now. KISS :smoking:

Attached Files:

2. I'm not familiar with this strain. My girfriend chose the seeds. Which I did want to let you know that these plants were started from seed in rockwool with a mild mix of Root Exceluretor and Adv Nutes Grow. It took 3 days to germinate and by day 5 the roots were coming out of the 3" net pot.
    If anyone has advice about mother plant nutes & care I am open to all advice.

3. looks like a clean set up Td. i dont know enuff to give any advice but u need to keep ur mother seperate from the flowering plants and make sure that it does not get light or ph stressed.

4. #4 td1935, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2010
    If I have a few spare minutes I will post updated photos. KISS:smoke: This plant is 16" tall now with a killer root system. I'm going to add 2', 4 bulb T5 HO hood today. I actually have two mothers but with the lack of light I get to focus on one.

Attached Files:

5. Looking awesome man!

6. just nute your mothers with veg nutrients on either 18/6 or 24hrs constant
    waikiki queen is a Hawaiian strain
    good smoke

7. Right on!!! Thanks for the props and all. I am learning so much from your grows that I am ready to expand. I need to look into flowering with T5's. Heat is the issue. KISS:smoke:

8. #8 td1935, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2010
    I added a 2'x4bulb T5. I trimmed the large plant, the smaller one seemed to be getting rootbound so I fixed that. The littlest one is a clone test. I just built a rain forest cloner. I hope it works I am comming out of the closet in a couple of weeks. No silly!!! I mean the plants. I'll be expanding to a 9'x12' area that will need to be divided into a veg/clone area and a flower area. The plan is to use 2-3 4'x8 bulb T5's for veg and clone(heat issues and cost) and flower with 3 HPS open lights. I'm going to use a wing type reflector. This is were my frustraton comes in. It's all trail and error. I'm thinking of just using black and white plastic stapled to a very tempory 2"x2" framework or maybe using PVC as the frame. I need ideas on what type of hydro system. Ebb & Flow or DWC w/ drip. Anyway,here's the latest photos.
    Oh yea, the first grow is dried and curing. I tested a bud this morning and it didn't have much taste and I didn't really feel lilke I caught a buzz but I started this post 2.5 hours ago and don't really know how long I've been staring out my window watching the cars go by..

Attached Files:

9. #9 td1935, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
    Hello, Not much to report. Trimmed both plants, got a clone testin. I made a rain forest bucket. I have more pics. This is a closet grow and I'v never shown the closet. Ther are 2 sides, veg & flower. Each is aprox. 4'x3'x8'. I have T5 and CFL in the veg side now. The flower side has 1 600wattt HPS. It's a sealed unit and vented to the attic. I also have a fan blowing fresh air in and a fan sucking old air out. On the veg side I just open the door for ventilation.

Attached Files:

10. I went away for two weeks and came back to this. I'm going to flower the smaller of these two plants via verticle scrog and keep the clone to mother in soil.

Attached Files:

11. nice +rep