"Mrgoodsmoke's dwc tent grow"

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by mrgoodsmoke, Jun 18, 2010.

1. #1 mrgoodsmoke, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
    Here's what I'm working with.
    1 Delicious Seeds Fruity Chronic Juice (feminized)
    1 bubble bucket.
    400w mh/hps w/ cooltube drawing air from outside (inside the closet where the tent is) through the light then back out.
    2x4x7 tent.
    Lucas formula w/ diamond nectar, liquid koolbloom, flora nectar and hygrozyme, (cause I gotta keep that water clean!)
    147cfm fan and carbon filter for exhaust, passive intakes.
    1 piece of chicken wire.
    4 zip ties.
    1 crappy cell phone camera.
    A dream.

As of right now, I'm about 5-6 weeks into flowering, so this may not qualify as a proper journal, but I'll be flowering 2 yumbolt 47 clones after this, so please stay tuned. (I can use all the help I can get).

So I planted the seed on Easter in rockwool, and it sprouted overnight. Gave it a few days to grow some good roots, then placed it right under that metal halide to veg.

Flipped the switch to 12/12 w/ hps at day 37 from seed.

Switched cell phones halfway through and lost some of the early pics, but those were just boring pics of a seedling, then of a tiny little vegging plant and yeah...no real loss there.

SOOOOO
    without further ado.....
    PICS.

(please feel free to offer any advice whatsoever, i'm not the sensitive type and my goal is to grow as much really good marijuana as possible in the space and with the equipment that i have)

Attached Files:

2. Just to be clear, I've literally only ever planted 2 plants of ANY kind in my entire life, and this is the 2nd one. I've tried to do a good bit of reading here, but I'm still a total noob.

I don't even know if my screen is too high or low. Or if I could put my light closer. I know I can get it w/ in a few inches w/ out physically burning them, and w/ out temps going over 85, but it too much light too close a possibility here?

Who knows man!!??

3. #3 mrgoodsmoke, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    Ok I got it. Planted on Easter 4/4, switched lights at day 37 from there 5/1, showed sex about a week later, 5/8, been flowering now for 41 days today is 6/18.

I guess it's supposed to flower in 55-60 days, so I'm thinking ideally it'll be ready in 14 days, but I might let it go another week if someone here advises me that I'd be better off.

Feel free to check my math on those dates.

I'm not known for my precise calculations.

4. HIGH mrgoodsmoke, well I can tell you for your second Plant your doing Great and a Bubble Bucket to Boot...Great Job...next time try and Fill out the Screen more...again Great Job!!

5. #5 mrgoodsmoke, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    I originally had this one and 1 yumbolt 47 in there, but the yumbolt got some nasty root rot and had to go. My intention was to fill that screen to the max between the 2 of them.

Next time, 2 yumbolt 47 clones, full screen.

What's funny is that the yumboly was in a black bubble bucket, which I did not use reflective tape to cover, because it was black, and the fruity chronic juice was in a bucket covered in aluminum tape.

I figure both ways kept the light out, (for the most part) but the temps inside the black bucket were higher, which may have contributed to the troubles.

Ever since that one died, it's been between 68-78 degrees in the tent, w/ a constant, consistent humidity of right at 40%.

I'll probably just keep this journal going through the next grow, that way we can all see the screen filled together.

Thanks for the comments. Feel free to give me any advice you have.

6. Does anyone know how to post a cell phone video here?

7. If you read enough of my posts, you'll see that I don't mind talking to myself.

So here I go again. More pics.

Attached Files:

8. Alright. I can see that my grow may not be the most interesting in the world, but you know, it's sort of a precursor to better things.

Hopefully I can get a subscriber or 2 who might help me determine the optimum time to harvest.

I'm thinking it'll be somewhere between 6/12 and 6/18. But I wanna be sure. I've got my little jeweler's loupe, and apparently this strain is supposed to flower in 55-60 days.

Just wanna make sure I get as much of the best weed I can get off this thing.

More pics soon to come. Thanks to anyone who's reading, and for fuck's sake feel free to post something.

9. hiya goodsmoke...

you say this is ur second time poping a seed...

[​IMG]

Ur a natural mate... she is gorgeuos....
    keep up the great work my friend...
    whats ur ppm,s and ph?

ill be tagging along man....
    what nutes are you using and did you use and boost??

10. Well, once I ordered some alaskan ice seeds, 2 sprouted and got squished before they even got a set of leaves. The second time a friend brought be clones of purps and jack herer but I freaked out a week later and flushed them because my neighbors were suspected of a robbery and cops were asking everyone questions.

Then about 7 months later, I was looking at all that damn equipment and fertilizer that I bought and just knew it was time to actually grow one, so I planted 7 seeds in rockwool, 2 sprouted, both female, 1 died in miracle grow soil and the other ended up yielding about 3 oz of harvested-too-early bud, which was decent, but not all that.

Now I'm just growing this one, and I had 1 yumbolt 47, but it got sick so I cut it up into big clones which I'm hoping to flower next time.

Here's a pic or two from my last harvest, which was my first harvest. Notice the total lack of ventilation during early vegetation, and the ample source of light. :)

Attached Files:

11. #11 mrgoodsmoke, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2010
    I actually moved in the process of growing that plant, and had to put a black trash bag over it and cross a street downtown, carefully position it into a uhaul w/ my couch and what not, then unload it again on my 1st day in a new apartment, all before the sun came up.

Very exciting shit.

Oh yes, ph I start off around 5.3-5.4 then let it rise to about 5.8-6 before adjusting back down.
    Also, ppms are about 2000 right now.
    I've got 3 gallons of water.
    24ml gh flora micro
    48ml gh flora bloom
    30ml gh diamond nectar
    30ml flora nectar fruit infusion
    30ml gh liquid koolbloom
    20-30ml hygrozyme.

That's the actual recipe I suppose, but I use a big syringe w/ a hose to reach the bottom of the bottles, and I usually just let whatever's in that hose go in too w/ out compensating for it by drawing less into the syringe, which makes me run a bit higher ppms. Tap water here is under 200ppm consistently so I don't bother w/ RO.
    Should I?

12. I know this is a question to which the answer is dependent on a multitude of variables, but I have to ask....

You think the new one will yield less or more than the old one? I got about 3oz off the old one.

I'd really like to see 3 1/2 - 4 this time.

13. That bitch is a beast.

Great job.

14. Growing this plant is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life.

15. looking good im along for the ride. im about to start my first bubble bucket grow. sending good vibes your way!:wave:

16. Once you get everything dialed in it's as easy as everyone says it is. I just can't believe it. I bought a cactus once at the grand canyon, brought it home, stuck it in the window and it promptly died.

17. oh man thats hard to do. in my indoor garden i acutaly have a venus fly trap, octopus plant, bell pepper, tobbacco, jalapeno pepper, and im trying to grow a potato. lol and thats just inside! green thumbs come from practice and eventualy any one can do it!

18. I think you're right. With this being my second grow, I'm pretty happy w/ it, I think that if I can get a few more under my belt it'll start looking alot nicer.

19. Ok....here's another handful of pics. Anyone got any thoughts on whether my harvest time of about july 12th-18th may be accurate? Tips? Advice? Thoughts? When to flush? Whether or not to trim more leaves?

Here's a question....once and for all, can someone tell me if it's ok to run molasses in a DWC? I mean, to be honest, I don't have much to clog, I'm not even running airstones, (took em out to clean em one day early in veg and forgot to put them back, haven't opened the bucket since).

Anyway....I'll be hoping for some advice to make this grow as good as it can be.

Attached Files: