Classic Grow Fall 2015 Acapulco Gold, Maui Waui w/main-lining

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by mr.florista, Apr 27, 2015.

1. #1 mr.florista, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    Main-lining is the sole method I use. Instead of attempting to explain this method here is an excellent instruction by Nugbuckets - http://www.growweedeasy.com/mainlining-nugbuckets
    I will attempt to provide in real time the process and progress of this method.
    The subject will be a Acapulco Gold by Barney's Farm Seed.
    More to come.......
    System, Recirculating
    Lighting - 2 400watt dimmable mh, 2 T5 2700k
    Water - Rain, Filtered
    Nutrients -
    FloraGro, FloraBloom, EJ Catalyst, EJ MicroBloom, ProTekt 003, Hydroguard, Kind Base, Epson Salt

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Step Two - Topping down to 3rd node completed, allowing a day or two for recovery then all follage will be removed below the 3rd node.

Attached Files:

3. Day 20 Acapulco Gold
    Step three: Trim growth under 3rd node completed.
    Awaiting the two mains to grow out, at which time the mains will be tied down.

Attached Files:

4. Update: Day 25
    Final Topping at this stage, 4 symmetrical mains, eventually will be topped dividing into 8 main colas, all symmetric with an even canopy.

Attached Files:

5. Day 28, mains are tied down, one last topping, then its cruise control!

Attached Files:

6. Sup florista! Subbes

7. Nice, following along.
    I am curious how well a sativa dom will work with Nugbucket's method.

8. #8 mr.florista, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    Ok, Day 28, the Acapulco is taking very well to this main-lining, finished the last topping, it needs a bit more training, its companion, the Maui has fallen behind a little but seems to be doing OK as well. Had to back off the nitrogen, and have returned to SilicaBlast as the ProTekt seems to be altering my pH too much, had the same issue with AN Rhinoskin.

Attached Files:

9. #9 mr.florista, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    Sativa's have done very well with this method, pictured from upper left to right, two Sativa's and a indica from my spring/summer grow, Big Bud, OGKush and bottom is a critical+ 2.0, the tallest was the critical at 42in followed by the OG at 38in. Yields (356g dry and jarred) were normal considering the debut of my Recirculating system.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Day 33, she is taking off now, and is loving the main-line. The companion Maui not so much. I'm not sure if it's the main lining or hydro she doesnt like, I had a shark shock that was the same way, anyone had this issue?

Attached Files:

11. Subbed up bro!! Currently on my first grow and mainlining my girls too!

12. My hempy girls aren't taking the mainlining too well compared to the girls in soil..

13. Nice tutorial!

You growing for seeds?

14. Of the twenty strains I've grown, only two were problems, however, El Alquimista, OG Kush, NL, and Critical have been the standout's. And not seeding any this grow.

15. Day 37, Added tomato ring and starting transition week.

Attached Files:

16. Update Day 40, generally when starting the tension on the mains, I will wrap the stem at the stress points to prevent splitting, however, I did not do that with this girl, and she split, not to worry, she has medical. So this was two days ago, the first aid seems to be working. The Maui is taking off now, a slow starter.

Attached Files:

17. Transition week and Day 43, the canopy is filling out, she is right at 16 in. / 40cm.

Attached Files:

18. Looking good Mr., can't wait until I get the hang of growing, mainlining will be one of the first things I try, the buds that come out from it look amazing.

19. #19 mr.florista, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
    What I like is the even canopy, no larffy popcorn buds, just solid mains. I did split her right down the stock, I failed to tape the stress area first, however I taped her up she is doing fine. This strain is amazing as I would think it would require a high ppm, on the contrary, I am running about 350 ppm, it has been a calmag hog, I was given a line of GH Flora series to try, so a bit of an adjustment there. Overall, the Acapulco is a good candidate for mainlining and Hydro. The companion Maui is not responding as well. So my list of strains either not liking main-lining and possibly hydro in general are Shark Shock and Maui. To date my best performers are: OG Kush, NL, Cheese, El Alquimista (ak/nl), Blue Widow, Blue Dream, Sour Diesel and Critical 2.0

20. Transition week and Day 44, final trim complete, and main-line is done. I spent 26 days out of 44 shaping her, this may have taken 5 or so extra veg days. So the finish product, 8 mains evenly spaced, all the mains are receiving the same amount of light. During transition week, I reduce the light time each day until I reach 12 hr. Nutrients are also being switched to blooming nutes. So from this point she will be on cruise control, and weekly photos will be posted.

Attached Files: