First time grow, 600w DWC Secret Jardin DR120

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Kbrendel, Nov 17, 2012.

1. #1 Kbrendel, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
    Hi Guys,

I am a first time female grower and wanted to start this grow journal to learn with you guys as I know that there are a lot of helpful knowledgeable green thumbs at GrassCity.

If anyone can help me with advice throughout my journey growing these beautiful plants it would be much appreciated.

Below I have listed my setup -

· Secret Jardin Dark Room - DR120

· EP Cool Ray Reflector - 6" Flange

· EP Raider Dimmable Electronic Ballast - 600watt

· Intake/Outtake Fan for Reflector

· Quantum Indoor Grow Light - 600watt MH

· Quantum Indoor Grow Light - 600watt HPS

· Intake and Outtake Fans

· Carbon Filter

· Air Circulation Fan

· Timers

· Hydro Setup - DWC - 4 Large pots (can't remembersize) - 80ltr Reservoir outside of tent with 2x air stones and pump

· Small Heated Germination Tray with dome.

Grow Mediums and Nutrients

I have chosen to stick with the (nf) nutrifield product rage and have purchased the following -

· NF Coco - 50ltr

· NF Hydro Clay - 50ltr

· Perlite - 100ltr

· NF Coco 2-part nutrient A + B

· NF Zyme

· NF Cargo Boost

· NF Fulife

· NF Ocean Mist

· NF Alaska Pure

· NF PH up & down - concentrate

I also have a Digital PH/Temp Tester, EC ppm Tester and a Temp/Humidity Monitor

Photos below

Attached Files:

2. So here is where my grow is upto -

I have 3 plants in the second week of the seedling phase, These are -

1x Green House Seeds - Cheese - Feminized
    1x Green House Seeds - Bubba Kush - Feminzed
    1x UFO - World of Seeds - Medical Collection - Northern Lights X Skunk - Feminized
    I also have 1x Barneys Farm - Vanilla Kush - Feminized in the seedling tray

Their grow conditions are as follows - Last reading taken 17/11/2012 @ 3.08pm

I have been using a 600watt MH @ 75% as these girls (hopefully) are still young, and have it on 18/6.

Tent Temp - 25.8c
    Water Temp - 20.7c
    Tent Humidity - 42%
    PH Levels - 5.7
    EC Levels - 1.0 or 500ppm

Below are pictures of my babies, please let me know if they look healthy/big enough for their second week.

Attached Files:

3. HELP!!! What is wrong with my plants??? All new growth is very yellow and fan leaves look like they are starting to curl up around the edges :(

2 and 1/2 week old seedlings, PH 5.8, EC 500ppm, Tent temp 27.8c, Humidity 48%, 600watt MH.

If anyone could help please...

Attached Files:

4. BUMP!! Anyone... Please???

5. #5 Jayaday, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
    Dont use nutes yet 500 ppm is way too high for seedlings....the seedlings have the nutes from their cotyledons which are the small round leaves on the very bottom of stalk...change water just use ph ed water girl what u r experiencing is called nute burn also how close is the light

6. Thanks Jayaday.

Light is about 10 inches away but it's a cool ray so it does not get hot at all.

And thanks with the nutes I refreshed the res last night with ph water and will wait for lights to come back on to check how they are going :)

7. Just becuz its cool doesnt mean anything the light is too intense for plants that young...its called sun/light bleaching once its really starting to veg u can bring the light down closer

8. Ohhhh ok cool!!! I will sort that out today too :)

I've seen a lot of your posts and you give really great advice do thank you :)

9. Thnx...imma sub too...im thinkin bout buyin a 600 watter as well so ill roll wit u n give any tips I can

10. Your plants are wat like a week in veg by now huh...

11. Ummm 3rd week seedling they start their first week veg on the 30th.

Btw I have cleaned out the res and last stats were:

600MH on
    Tent temp 25.2c
    Water temp 20.9c
    Humidity 50%
    PH 5.8
    EC 140-280

They look really bad today. We had a power outage for about 10hrs yesterday and they wilted and have worse nute burn.

But hopefully flushing them out with a diluted nutrient formula will perk them up a tad. Also moved the light up a bit too.

Here are sum photos
    They're still growing pretty quickly considering how the look.

Attached Files:

12. subbed, this looks awesome.

13. Yea dnt up the ppm unless u start to see deficiencies...you will see bttr growth once there is an established root system...

14. Also...how tall do u want the plants to b...any training planned? If I were u I wood try to just do a natural grow no lst just to get a grow under ur belt n get the basics down

15. Yeah I was think about cropping them once they grow their fifth set of nodes (I heard that's the best time to start??)

And height wise I would like to veg for 5 weeks and see how they go.

My tent should allow me to.

What would you suggest?

16. Sorry to sound like a dick lol but what does subbed mean? I've seen it a few times and have NO clue ha ha.

Thanks btw

17. Subbed means we subscribed to ur thread wen a new post happens im notified

18. OH lol blonde moment!! Ha ha I get it!!

19. Man if u wanna veg for 5 weeks without lst or topping/fimming a it will likely hit the ceiling...i wood try to top 3 times bfore u flip

20. His often do you top your plants and how long do you usually veg for??

I really want to get as much out of these firms as possible. Bud I mean but I don't intended on wasting any part of these plants. I defs want to give bubble hash a try, oil too :)