Guga's First Decent Grow - DWC - CFL

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Guga, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Hi guys, this is my first proper grow, tried growing in soil but the soil was garbage and ruined my plants. So i started with DWC.

Specs:

70cm x 60cm x 170cm fabric closet with tubular structure, covered in white.
    10L Container (drilled suposedly to withstand 6plants, but i regreted it and now it only has one. It'll be like that for now.)
    Growing Medium: Rockwool
    Nutrients: GHE Tripack (Flora Grow, Flora Bloom and Flora Ripen for final flushing)
    Conventional termohigrometer
    100w duct fan (not sure about air flow, but its pleeenty of it)
    250w 10L\H Dehumidifier (rainy days, humidity raises, gotta have something to keep it stable)
    40w+40w+36w CFL's (Temporary, no money for HPS's for now)
    Bagseed (Was free if you know what i mean)

The start of the grow room build:

[​IMG]

With the first soil plants, they developed very slowly and eventualy died:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A gift i gave myself in the middle of the process :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First Shots of the Hydroponic baby out of the rockwool :D :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 days into veg, had an issue with PH but corrected it in about 2hrs so everything ended up fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always keeping'em comfy :D

[​IMG]

19 days into veg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24 days into veg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28 days into veg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 Month into veg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that's it for now :smoke:
    Will update soon. Hints\tips accepted!
    Cheers!

2. Just started LST'ing for the first time :D

3. Some higher res pics :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Great News Guys, the plant finally gained some more height was almost hitting the lights ! :D

Pics follow:

[​IMG]

Roots look good i think :blsmoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at the size of this leaf! 1 month and 1 week, for a bagseed @ first grow at cfl, im pretty happy :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Some "HD" Shots of the growroom and plant:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some seedlings!

[​IMG]

Cheers :)

5. Looking pretty nice man. How many Watts are those cfls?

6. Thanks alot man :)
    They are
    2x40w
    1x36w
    1x23w

7. Pretty solid man. When are you switching them to flowering? You have the right spectrum and shit for it right?

8. Thanks :p Im switching at about 8 weeks (2 months) to let them grow a little more :D
    This isnt the right spectrum for flowering but its what i got for now! :\ If i can get my hands on an HPS250 or 400 soon, itd be great for flowering time...

Updates !

Some shopping:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fans are not defenitive in that position :D

HD Pics in about 6 hours!
    Cheers :D

9. Very nice.

10. Thanks! :
    Cheers

11. Pretty nice man. Its gonna lose a lot of its potential with the wrong light but if its all you have now then its better than nothing. Besides that it looks like you have a good idea of what your doing man.

12. Thanks,happy to hear that! Im doing all i can and researching almost everyday to try and take the best of whati have, im just sorry i dont have a HPS, that would be nice! Im gonna get one soon though... i hop€

13. I'm pretty sure you can find some Cfl's in the red spectrum which would be better than keeping them in the blue spec. Cfls are usually cheap and even if you don't switch them all mixing it up will help

14. Yeah thats true, but in here its really hard to find red spectrum hi wattage cfls... almost only 15w and 23w are comonly found in stores...

15. Yeah just check local headshops man. I had to drive 2 hours to find a hydroponics store that carried the red spectrum bulb I needed. 200w bulb ran me like $87. Cheap for a small closet grow and its better than the blue bulb.

16. i hope thats not cfl, if it is heretheyre much cheaper, 105w cfls cost the equivalent of 11$ :p

HD pics in a few moments

17. Well I'm in south-central Texas. But yeah it was 87 for one cfl bulb >.< so its hard to find anywhere around here that carries the things I need so price, while my wallet suffers, it has to take 2nd chair in priorities. Pumped for the pics man lets see what's up.

18. Damn... well i bet there are a lot more things you have cheaper then us in Portugal :p

Sort off HD Pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. PS:
    After harvesting this one probably, im plan on painting the bucket black and get some 2 or 3 more to fill the grow room and then start 3\4 plants with nice feminized seeds and already with the HPS :)

Just gotta save some cash! But until harvesting these bitches there will be plenty of time for savings :p

20. Is that black bucket a reservoir as well? And are those 5 seedlings you've got coming along? So you mean get 2 more black buckets? Haha not tryin to play 50 questions and shit I'm just tryin to get a good idea of what you've got going. Pretty fuckin sweet so far though. are those seeds femmed or is that why you've got coming now? And finally how many plants can that black reservoir hold?

p.s. I'm on grasscity app so pics aren't full screen for me so I can't see everything but that plant you've got now is coming along real fuckin nice man.