* MARTINI HASH * - How-to Picture Tutorial

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by smoove, Mar 13, 2009.

1. #1 smoove, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    *MOVED POST TO PROPER SECTION*

Hello everyone.

So I just finished a small grow, had a decent amount of trim and some not-worth-curing popcorn buds left over, and decided to make some hash. I'd never made hash before and thought "what the hell, it can't be that hard" and you know what? it wasn't. I read a few tutorials but quickly realized I'd need to go out and buy some tools or materials to use those methods. I understood the process but I didn't want to spend more money, so I started looking around the house for things I could use and this is how I came up with "Martini Hash"

There's nothing new about it. It's basically bubble hash and blender hash... but without the bubble bags or blender. lol. Let me explain...

I'll start with Materials used:

- Martini Shaker
    - Measuring Cup
    - Glass Cup
    - Steel Coffee Filter
    - Air Line Tubing
    - Herb - 1 cup
    - Tea Bag
    - Ice
    - Water

Here's a picture of everything except the airline tubing:

[​IMG]

Step 1:

Put ice and water into the Martini Shaker. I used about half a cup of water and 6 cubes of ice.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 2:

Pour half the Herb into the Martini Shaker.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 3:

Shake vigorously for a few minutes.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 4:

Pour the contents through the coffee filter and into a glass cup.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 5:

Work the liquid through the coffee filter with your fingers.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 6:

Clean out the coffee filter, then pour the liquid back through the coffee filter into a larger glass.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 7:

*** Repeat steps 1-6 with the rest of the herb.

<strong>Step 8:

Place the the filtered liquid into the fridge and allow sit and settle for a few hours.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 9:

Siphon the liquid from the top of the cup making sure not to disturb the trichomes which have settled on the bottom.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 10:

You'll be left with a layer of trichomes on the bottom.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 11:

Cut off the top seem of a tea bag and pour the contents out completely. Use this to catch the trichomes as you pour the remaining liquid through.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 12:

Pour slowly making sure not to over fill.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 13:

When most of the water has drained out place the tea bag onto a paper towel to absorb more moisture.

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 14:

You can even wrap the paper towel around and press on it until most of the moisture is gone

[​IMG]

<strong>Step 15:

Here's what you're left with when you open up the tea bag.

[​IMG]

From this point, I understand there are several options. The first batch, I wrapped and heated in the oven at 200 degrees for 5 minutes then right after it came out pressed it under butcherblock for several minutes. I did this 4 times and here's how it looked after moulding it with my fingers.

[​IMG]

This second batch which is what I just made in this picture tutorial I didn't heat in the oven, but rubbed it and mashed it and pinched it and worked it for about 10 minutes. It became very pliable and gummy and so I just rolled it into a ball, and here it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There you have it... Martini Hash. :smoke:</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>

• Like Like x 1
  2. You are awesome. Great tutorial.

3. Wait, so heating this in the oven didn't vape the thing?

4. Just now posting up the tute? Haha, I remember a while back you mentioned something about "martini hash", this looks like a great method man. Thanks for posting it up!

5. wow I'm going to try this.

6. nice lookin hash wafers man.....im going to have to get around to making alcohol-free hash one of these days

7. i'll take my hash shaken not stirred lol I love it!!!

8. great tut great method i still like blenders tho

9. Major props!! I think this tutorial goes to show how fuckin' simple it is to make bubble hash, even without the bags...

10. huh, looks good.

i make small batches of hash by putting keif in my palm, put a drop of water on my finger and work it till it changes. takes minutes. and then i roll it out into a small snake over and over until the snake doesn't break anymore. after the hash is made, i cut it up and my friends and i smoke it off the stove. freaking takes like 20 minutes.

11. That's good an all...but yours doesn't use a martini glass. No class.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Excellent tutorial, thanks for posting. This seems to be ideal for folks growing a smaller crop with less trim. Hows the final product? Good Smoke?

13. Thanks for the kind words fellas. :smoke: I originally posted this months ago but in the wrong section so it kinda got buried and forgotten, and I just wanted to bring it back to life.

Nope! The ball was wrapped in cellophane, wrapped in wet paper towel and was only in the oven for 5 minutes at 200 degrees. I'd pull it out and press the hash then put it back in to heat... and repeated like 5 or 6 times.

Yea it was really good smoke. Had that standard earthy hashy flavor... real smooth and thick smoke. I liked the way the pressed hash burned a little better though.

Sidenote:

stay tuned if you're into cooking or eating MJ laced goodies... after my next harvest I'm gonna put together some eddible cannabis picture tutorials... like my cannabutter recipe, lavender lemon bars, banana nut bread and a few more. Tastes like heaven and knocks you on your ass! :smoke:

[​IMG]

14. Nice tut, How long does it need to settle in the fridge for?

15. #15 reddragon12347, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
    damn, looks like some niice shit. could i do this if i bought like a 1/4oz and grinded it up?

16. 007 hash, that's awesome +rep.

17. this should be stickied. and do u have to used a metal coffee filter or would the paper ones work?

18. #18 InFuZiOn, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
    Damn dude this is a hell of a tutorial and a fast way to do it. Would mid grade stuff and vaporized stuff ive been saving for green dragon work? Or should I hold off on the pre-vaped stuff and just grind a lot down?

+rep fo the post though!

19. this is awesome +rep my friend.....HOW NOT TO WASTE THC...brought to you by SMOOOVE:p

20. I know I'm bringing up an old post but I was just reviewing this one for some more info as I'll be making another martini hash batch soon. the first one I made was w/ Pre-vaped plant material . when I was done with the process I had a wad of poopie looking powder, brownish blackish in color and When the hash was smoked.. no effect. zee-row no nothing.
    I vape at about 315 Deg.