V12V12's Fresh OG-Kush - QWISO - Bake!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by v12v12, Oct 13, 2010.

1. #1 v12v12, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
    HELLO EVERYBODY! Okay lets get to it... so my lil'story as such; I acquired a full sized OGK Hermi and decide that vaping it, while pretty nice actually, for a micro-yielding herm isn't worth all the drying and hassle... So a bright idea hit me; QWISO that bish!

I ended up with 4 fully topped mason jars after trimming stems and what not, which made for a pretty large pan of ISO; stinking the hell out of the whole kitchen, even under the vent... Here's a plethora of pics and details regarding my little experiment... Enjoy, comments, suggestions much appreciated...

1) The Equipment:

[​IMG] BTW- I soaked and shook each batch ~30-45 sec MAX; anything more per jar leads to crazy impurities from the FRESH leaves. Mine being fresh, also contained much more water, leaves and impurities; so yours (dry) should be about 30sec or so, but no more... Doesn't pay to experiment at this stage, esp with $$$ strains etc...

2) The Goodies:

[​IMG] Took FOREVER to trim the dang thing!

[​IMG] With the vape turned up higher than normal; it worked fresh from the source. Very strong, immediate high, but very short lived :rolleyes:.

3) The Filtering:

[​IMG] The pic names describe the filtering stages; I'm not sure how all that sediment made it through 2-3x filtering with each batch, using the coffee filters...?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Took a long time for the mixture to slowly filter through.

4) The BIG DISH:

[​IMG] Had to switch from the round dish bc there was too much ISO lol.

[​IMG] Took a good 26hrs with a big fan right on top of it blowing, and some low heating on the stove eye. (Low as in I could keep my hand on the eye more than several seconds.)

5) The Finished Product:

[​IMG] 20min in a convection oven... surprisingly didn't stink up the house much.

[​IMG] A very dark, oily precipitate, which must be kept frozen or else goo-city!

Got'em good!

*Phew* Now that's some hosting going on there! (Let me know if any images get wiped)...

So about the finished product; a VERY deep and over-taking buzz to say the least! It was like I was super high, but at my core; everything I did was sorta wavy and dizzying, but not in a drunken way, more like a hazy, blurriness. I would say it was like being under water in a clear pool, it's all wavy, blurry, strange sounds... WONDERFUL! :hello: And to think, this wasn't even the female with some SERIOUS colas... That batch will be coming very soon, and I'll make another thread: QWISO-II: The FEMALE Strikes Back! :laughing:

Enjoy all!

2. Woah man perfect timing ive been looking inso qwiso for awhile and am gonna try it soon.

3. Hey thanks man for replying; this QWISO business is the TRUTH! The waiting and scraping is the hardest part for sure. Again, if I'd have used a budding female, OMG; the yield would have been MEGA and the potency exponentially greater!

I've got a whole batch of TRIM coming my way soon, so I'mma whip up another batch too! :wave:

4. The images are gone. How long in the oven and how hot? 110 170?

5. And 5 years later...