Ice Bubble Bag Hash - Is This Enough Weed?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by MarquisGemini, Aug 10, 2012.

1. #1 MarquisGemini, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    Hey, guys.

Not to advertise what I do for a living, but I have been saving quallity hash material for the past few months.

Small buds that weighed under 0.3 grams (a majority of the hash material), stems of big nuggets, leaf right off the side of the bud and best of all - "heaps of bottom of the bag". and anything coverd in crystals that I didnt want to keep on the bud.

I have 25 grams of this stuff so far, its MOSTLY small bud and bottom of the bag (red hairs, dry bits of bud that snapped off etc).

I have bubble bags I baught from a hydro shop FOR making hash, they were VERY expencive and are high quallity. 4 grades of hash I can make :).

How much wee/stem/leaf off buds should I have for it to be worth doing? 1 ounce? 2 ounces?

Opinions please, because it is a bitch of a process I hear :p

Attached Files:

2. It's an easy process, but honestly it's all relative. I personally wait till I have a minimum of a qp before doing a run.

Depends on your bag size too- 20 gallon, 5 or 1

3. I have discoverd via reading that you're correct haha, it does vary and it is relative.

I switched containers and its now in an airtight container that ill open every few days. Further curing, why not.

I was looking for personal opinions :) QP actually sounds reasonable. I think ill do as you suggested. Ill look into my bags and get back to you.

PS - would you run leaf through with bud? Or do seperate runs?

4. [quote name='"MarquisGemini"']I have discoverd via reading that you're correct haha, it does vary and it is relative.

I switched containers and its now in an airtight container that ill open every few days. Further curing, why not.

I was looking for personal opinions :) QP actually sounds reasonable. I think ill do as you suggested. Ill look into my bags and get back to you.

PS - would you run leaf through with bud? Or do seperate runs?[/quote]

I throw the big fan leaves into compost, but. I will include some if they look sugary enough. I am also not one of those dudes who is trying to get every last tricomb. Better starting quality. = better end quality and at the end of the day this is all stuff I would have tossed anyways, just a bonus at the end of a harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Personal opinion: worth it, though not as productive as say, spending those hours you used at your job, then buying hash with the money. I can buy a gram of bubblehash for an hour of my job's pay, so if I can't produce that much in an hour (with material I pay for, no less) I will not do the process.

But then again some people don't see time as a cost. And trying a small batch to start with is a good idea. Mistakes will have milder consequences

6. Update, I now have 38 grams of this stuff and counting.

Plenty of personal bud to smoke, when I get my next lot of bud I am going to manicure it and hopefully by then I'll be only an ounce or two away from a 1/4 pound of this bud shake :).

I reckon about 40% of this leaf/stem/bud is actually bud, that and bottom of the bag bud matter and red hairs.

7. I've made hash many different ways, and in my opinion, dry ice hash is the best way to go. I bought a set of bubble bags last summer, and made lots of great batches of bubble hash. After my first harvest this year, I tried the dry ice method, and was blown away. Much easier than bubble hash, and WAY faster. You can literally go from bud to blonde hash in about 20-30 minutes - something which would take overnight to do when making bubble. The yield is also higher. Seriously man, look into dry ice.

8. Yea, I gotta try the dry ice method on my next run, I've done a couple runs of ice water hash, and the product was awesome, but I was dissapointed with the yeild.
    I got some critical kush that is just covered in trichomes, can't wait to run that trim!

9. Ok so for bubble hash of u hav the 5 gal n u hav bud about 2 ozs or an o n a half n if u hav the 1 gal bags u can use a half oz i used mersh n cam oit w bout two grams. N dont forget wen ur usen bud b sure to grind it all n freeze it givs u beter return at the end it helps seperate the trichroms from the leaves or bud watever u wana call it. N goodluck!!!