How to view trichomes with binoculars!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Budderball, Jun 9, 2012.

1. I just figured out how to use my binoculars as a microscope! :D It's quite simple really, just look through them backwards. Get as close as possible and try adjusting the focus for the best image. I'm not sure if this will work with all binoculars, but it worked with this mini 8x21 I had laying around. Kind of discovered this on accident haha. I'm glad I did too, because I was going to buy a pocket microscope soon. No need to now... :hello: Look forward to using it on my plants in the coming weeks.

It works pretty damn well! Especially if you have a bright LED flashlight to light things up. I was able to see the differences in structure between salt and sugar with it. I looked at some of my bud and I was able to see all the details. Sweet :cool:

It was like impossible to get good photos with the camera I'm using because it won't focus and gets too bright. The penny one is okay I guess. Pics don't do it justice at all...but you get the idea.

Peace :smoke:

-Budderball

P.S. If you try this method with your binoculars, share the results!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Just tried it on my girls who have been flowering for 5 weeks. Works perfect! I can see trichomes clear as day. Mine are still 100% clear, as expected.

:wave:

3. This is like the best trich shot I can get with my camera phone. It's way crispier with your eyes though. ;)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Good stuff thanks for sharing I'm gunna try this.

5. I'm going to try this even though I have that cheap mini microscope. I hate that damn thing, so if this works at all, it will be better :D

6. Worked with my telescope eyepiece! Its really hard to see, very small eye piece. But its mouth watering