Secret Closet Grow Room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by unrealweed, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Hi everyone, I'm posting this thread to show you all my trusty grow room hidden in my closet.

Here is the closet when it's closed, hidden within a secret lair:
    [​IMG]

The door opens to reveal nothing but a curious wall of cardboard:
    [​IMG]

A closer view of this wall:
    [​IMG]

A closer inspection of this wall reveals a seam-less door:
    [​IMG]

Entering the grow chamber, you find a triangle-shaped room, with the highest point of the ceiling near the entrance, and the lowest point gradually lowering to the left:
    [​IMG]

Here, we see 5 CFL bulbs suspended in a home-made reflector hood. Inspecting them further, you conclude that there are three 40 watt bulbs and two 42 watt bulbs, totaling 13,550 lumens:
    [​IMG]

And here are the lights in the on position:

[​IMG]

Well that's it for now, more to come soon. I just planted my seeds 2 days ago. :hello:
    bbl gonna smoke moar

2. nice grow room. we're having trouble masking smells though. do you happen to know any tricks??

3. thats not really aluminum foil is it?

your better off without it, it creates hotspots/deadspots

4. I don't think thats aluminum foil... i think he got that stuff from NASA :D

5. Looks like you might be in for the shock of your life! Having bare, energized terminals with all that metallic reflective material so close is asking for trouble. You could easily get a shock that just may kill you. If that foil or whatever falls across those terminals it will probably spark and maybe cause a fire. Makes me kinda nervous for ya bro'.

6. yeah man, i have personally been going pretty ghetto with a piece of foam core hanging over my grow set up in my closet alot like this, but iam building a 2 1/2 foot ceiling for it with a carbon scrubber attached... the environment you grow in seems to be half the grow itself skimping on it just seems pointless sorry for the rant

7. MY GOD MAN! Cardboard and things that can potentially cause sparks is not a good combo! Cover those terminals up ASAP!

You have a good amount of lighting in there, and you did get creative with the vacuum cleaner box, but get those safety issues worked out! It may be cheaper to jury rig stuff, but how much do you value your life, your possessions, and your home?

8. so if you use that, your house might blow up man lol If you're going through with this, then get a fire extinguisher or somethin.

9. Seriously dude, we aint ripping you or anything, its just that your making a rod for your own back, a big fiery house shaped inferno of a rod that will invalidate your house insurance as the fire department will trace it to a closet with loads of bulb fragments, surrounded by copper wire etc...

You have a highly conductive material lining the walls of a cardboard box with exposed electrical terminals. Not to mention the humidity your going to have later, did i mention water is also a conductor?

Cover those facking terminals up and re-think your set-up.

Dont wanna to sound like a bellend, i hope it all goes swimmingly, i really do, i just cant see it ending well.