600 Watt Heat Issues...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by psycicmind, Jun 2, 2013.

1. I've got the same ventilation set up as you, the 170 cfm 4" fan. With a 600 watt light, I can't keep the temps below 85 without Air Conditioning in my ambient room. However, the same setup with 400 watts I can easily keep the temps at 75-77 with the speed on low. I'm going to get a 6" fan and filter for a 600 watt this summer, because the fan I'm using now really isn't strong enough to cool it.

All you need to cool it easily is a 6" fan & filter, you can get the fan for like 80 dollars and the filter for 50-60 dollars. The extra 2 inches in duct space makes a big difference too.

However, if you have a dimmable ballast, you could turn down your light to 400W, and you will easily be able to maintain cool temperatures, unless you live in the desert.

2. 30 days....

3. Well those are amazing results for sure.  However sadly results such as those are beyond my means, but if I'm ever able to upgrade I know what to get.

4. #24 jakesterjammin, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
    WHY???
    I mean shit, I'm not some fucking growing God or anything...  lmfao
    My name is JAKE not JACK and I bought no magic beans dude....

There is NO REASON anyone cannot get at least 10 Oz off a 600w from a 30 day veg....
    If you can dedicate a 3x3 area, 1 plant, and a 600w light, using a cheap bubble bucket, and just base nutrients...
    No reason what so ever.....

And I've proved that to 3 or 4 first time growers here at GC...
    Shit don't take my word for it, just ask tharealmclovin , he was JUST LIKE YOU, "ya. I'll never get that", I walked him through 1 grow, and I'm pretty sure he bagged 10+ Oz off 1 plant.......

It's honestly not rocket science, I'm just going to give you some basic rules to follow as the grow progresses...
    Do what I say, and I bet you'll get at least 10 Oz, but depending on strain through....  lol
    Run a mostly Indica, 10+,,,,,,,,,

I'm sure tharealmclovin would not mind you PM'ing him....  ;) 

5. Not there yet Jake but know a gromie who gets 1 lb./ 600W. He probly vegs longer though. Thats my goal. :smoking:

6. #26 psycicmind, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013
    So when I changed my order through HTG something must have happened and they forgot to change it. So it turns out I will be using the 600 watt setup after all.  

To my surprise the 170 cfm fan seems to be enough, I put in 2 fans in the tent for extra circulation and cooling.  I will be running my lights at night time when it's cooler from 6pm-12pm for a total of 18 hours.

Using a MH right now.
    AHH IM SO EXCITED WOW!!!

Attached Files:

I actually veg my plants under my 600 for 24 days.  I grow four smaller plants rather than one big one though.  I have been able to pull 15 to 16 oz so far between four plants under a 600 watt HPS.  Its possible, but I have been growing for a couple of years now.  After a person gets a couple grows under their belt it becomes much easier to achieve that.  Hitting a pound on a 600 is still a pretty good number to hit.  I'm pushing (thats my goal)  to hit 20 oz off of my 600.  :smoke:

8. So what growing medium are you going to use, soil, soilless, or hydroponics???
    Which nutrients are you going to use??

9. Roots organic w/ Big Buddha & Bloom Qtz.  I also have some Fox Farms w their nutes but I wanna see how Roots Organic does

10. Sweet  :metal:
    My last Coco run was with Big Bubba...  lol
    Pulled between 4 and 5 Oz per plant  ;)