8' x 8' x 7' Growtent Setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by s0calt0ker, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Here is a current medical grow with fellow member DanGleesac. There seems to be a decent amount of threads with questions on setting up their tents. Heres some pictures of our setup. Feel free to leave your opinions and ask any questions about setting up grow tents. :smoke:
    We are currently running 4 600 w air cooled lights W/ digital ballasts which are cooled with 2 boost fans. Our carbon filter is hooked up to a 6" vortex fan and the intake is hooked up to a 6" multi-speed max fan.
    Heres a picture for now, im uploading better ones as I type this.

[​IMG]

2. Sweet set up. I've been thinking about getting a grow tent. What dimensions would you recommend for a four plant setup.

3. ^ tents are the way to go imo. So easy and such a clean set up. how many watts are you planning on running? how many lights?

4. I'm probably gonna run a 250w hps/mh with cfls, a 400w hps/mh, or a 600w hps/mh. What do you think would give me the biggest yields for four plants

5. I would get two 400 hps or two 600 hps and do a scrog in 5 gallon buckets. You would get a great yield. As for tent size let me check the dimensions available and ill let ya know. Where do you plan on putting it? closet? or just in a room?

6. I don't really have the cash for two lights unfortunately. I am planning on just putting the tent either in my basement or garage.

7. Adjustable Max Fan-
    [​IMG]

First boost fan to cool the lights
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Temp/humidity thermometer
    [​IMG]

Second light
    [​IMG]

Second light ducting leading to second boost fan to cool the second two lights
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ducting re-entering the tent connecting to the third light.
    [​IMG]

6" PHATFILTER Carbon filter 38" long hooked up to vortex fan.
    [​IMG]

and the grow currently
    [​IMG]

8. Looks good!

We have a very similar setup.
    8x8 with 600 watt lights (4) w/ digital ballast, 8" vortex on a phresh filter, 10" max fan on the lights, Co2 and a/c, and a few misc other lights.

SignSmoker

9. Nice setup classy. Was wondering if i can put 2 1000 watters and 2 600 watters in the same size tent. Also would i have to use 2 inline fans 2 air cool the lights. Should i use 2 250 cfm ore one 500 cfm fan. Thanks for the help

10. I've never seen a setup for a grow tent like this very professional, I love it. I plan on getting a grow tent very soon for my first time growing, this setup looks overwhelming to me at first but I'm sure I can try and see how everything is setup and works and try and do something similar with mine. Also how many plants could you grow in that tent efficiently? I'm thinking about starting off with two and working my way up to five when I get more experienced.

11. Sorry for no reply for so long. I havent been on this site in forever. Yeah thats my "play" tent.... Thats just for experimentation. Right now its being used to complete a new strain I'm working on. My setup is in a 30x50 room running all Gavita 1100 watt lights.

Yeah you can run 2 thousands and 2 600's in the same tent. Actually in the tent right now i am working on a breeding project and there is 3 600's and 2 1000's, it would be all 1000 watt if i didnt have a bunch of other 1100 watt lights running in my veg/flower rooms. Trying to save a little money lol... the bill is still gonna rape me every month lol. If your running 1000's get a good adjustable canfan max their my favorite, they move alot of air and you can change speeds.

Thank you, this is just my fun tent as stated before but a tent is a great way to keep everything organized, I highly recommend it especially for newer growers. In my tent you can have 24-32 plants in 5 gallon pots it may be tight at times but the doors help. A drip irrigation water system is easy to build and would help water that many plants in a tight spot. But. you can also run 1 gallon pots and have a sea of green and fill that tent with as many as you can fit.

12. How do you keep them cooled.. I have a 600 watt hps running in my 7x7x7 tent I have a window air conditioner set on max 64 blowing into 8inch duct leading 10ft to a 8inch inline fan running inside the tent going through the cool tube up to the 8inch exhaust fan and 4ft of duct outside... it still gets hot in there...like 90... advice ?

13. Nice set up! I have a 4'x8x7' but decided to split it and make a dual tent. 2 400w hps on flower side. I will soon be getting another 400w cool tube for my vegg side when my babies get a little bigger.

14. Make sure to keep the bends out of your ducting for maximum air flow for those a/c hoods.

15. Can you take a picture? What brand of inline fan are you using? An 8 inch fan can easily cool a 7x7 tent considering it cools my huge room. That makes me think you have a cheap brand of fans. Get some oscillating fans as well. What wattage are you running?

I would think about adding some more light. I would also add a 1000w light on each side or 600 w lights if heat is a problem.

Thanks?:confused:
    I have zero problem with air flow thanks though, I actually do not use air cooled lights anymore. I use Gavita adjustable lights/

16. how are you running all that wattage without starting a fire?

17. Don't have an idiot wire your house.:rolleyes:
    This is small there is probably 10k running on the whole circuit/breaker. I never thought of it being a problem in any way.

18. This is gnarly dude.. Im looking for a similar set-up. Ive been thinking about using 4 600's exactly how your tent is set up. Im using a 1000w now and im about to buy another to run Inline. But the 4 600w set up seems like youd get a better spread of light. So i guess im conserned about yield.. What do you pull from that set up?

19. You should be able to get a lb a light if you do everything right. If you really know what your doing maybe more. I just mess with the tent on the side of my other project and there is 2 6's and 2 1k's and two of my t5 setups that I normally use for my clones. I have some plants in there that will be some heavy yielders maybe even 3/4-1 lb plant. Outdoors I know someone who had 10 lb plants from this genetics. I would run 4 600's if I were you they will spread the light great, keep the temp down compared to 1000's and keep the power bill down. I don't have temp problems but most people do. If you do run 600's and if you have zero temp problems and can move air well go for 1000's.

20. Right now im setting up a 4x8 fd table w. 2 1000s. and currently looking for info on how to set up an auto drip irrigation..