NEW GROW BOX w/ PICS

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 808Pakaroach, Sep 11, 2011.

1. /shaka all

heres a few pics of my grow box im building. Pretty much used 1/2in plywood (got free from job site:hello:)
    [​IMG]

got my intake holes cut out (170cfm)

[​IMG]

starting drilling out my exhaust holes...using a passive route ...intake fan blows enough air to keep my temps nice:p

[​IMG]

got the kicker set up..

[​IMG]

now for the top.. its starting to come together:hello:

[​IMG]

Ok....now that i smoked a few joints:smoking:.. im ready to continue:D..Started caulking the edges

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for the inside of the box i guess you could go anyway. I wanted to paint the inside flat white but i didnt have any on hand and was to lazy to drive[​IMG]. Instead
    i used mylar which works great if you can get it to lay wrinkle free[​IMG] but in my case
    after pounding a few joints that didnt happen..[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I plan on using a LED panel and 6x42w CFLs (27k budding and 65k for veg)
    Not sure on how many plants i plan on growing maybe 6. I got clones of AK47xwhite widows and some green crack clones..Ill post new pics when the box is done:hello:

/shaka:bongin:

2. Looks great man.

When I did my mylar, it was a pain in the ass. After I wad done, I though maybe I would of put it on before actually making the box, know what I mean?

Anyways, looks like you will have a nice operation going. GL

3. yeah..i thought about putting it on before,but there were alot of holes and cuts i had to make.maybe if i didnt smoke as much before i did it would have looked nicer..:D lol

4. Looks nice so far! I'll be watching. :)

5. nice build

6. /shaka:smoke:

Here is the 2nd part of building my grow box, but first i wanted to put together my hydro system. I checked out a lot different types of systems but decided to use a self-contained hydro system.I started out with the reservoir..simple plastic container.
    didnt have a light proff one on hand so sue me:p but i can wrap the bottom in a light proff tape.this container hold about 7gallons..should be good enough for my needs.

[​IMG]

Im using 4in rockwool cubes that will be seated in plastic baskets i got at a craft store@89cents ea.

[​IMG]

Next , using a razor knife i cut out the top of the container the sizes of the basket and drilled a hole for the pvc tube.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next i put together my pump and feeder tubes. In my feeder tubes i drilled a small hole at each basket location to were the cubes will sit and ran it in a horseshoe configuration .This will be a top feed system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Its a real simple unit..no rocket science:p..after that all thats left is to fill with solution and test.Ill be using GH 3pt solution with bud candy and gravity supps.

I wired my clf light(i got six holes drilled just need to get the sockets)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now all i have left is to cut out my doors and mount that..clones are ready and soon ill post pics of the gurlz..Thanks for reading my pictures

/shaka:bongin:

7. Nice design!

8. Good stuff man. Looks like a good system.

9. Shaka all:smoking:
    got a few updated pics since building my grow box. Using one bubble bucket and a self-contained unit which i redesigned from previous pics.Found it much better to water from below than top(had to try both ways;)). In the Bubble bucket i have a AK47/WW and the others are Topp44s and some Jack Herer. The AK is from a cutting and the others were seeded on the 17th than moved into da box on yesterday.

[​IMG]

inside da unit.
    [​IMG]

after a day in da box roots starts to show:D...good sign

[​IMG]

So right now im using a GrowPanel Pro® 300 from Sunshine systems which i bought off a friend.Also using 3x42w 2700k CFLs. Pretty much going to use this setup for vegging..was going to try and bud with it but most likely will use my 600w HPS/MH light. My original light design was for the light to be inside but after testing the LED panel raised temps inside so i decide to top mout the light unit..

[​IMG]

this makes it easier to change light since the LED panel is the same size as the HydroFarm hood:D..Got a few ideas as to how i will cool the hood and will post when i get it up and going:smoke:

[​IMG]

Das it for now...l8trs all:cool:

10. Looking great man.

Looks like everything is going smoothly. (Knock on wood)

Keep up the good work bro.

11. Thanks man...slow effort on my part but moving..lol

12. shaka:bongin:

Heres a small update..this is 8 days after putting those plants in my Gbox:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as for da clone in da BB, it died:(...sok tho.. got some on day way :yay:

13. They look good and healthy bro. Keep up the work.

14. Very nice, have you started nutrients yet?

15. Using GH 3pt solution.Mixing a mild batch atm. Will slowly increase it with some supplements.

16. Nice cabinet i wanna build a similiar one, what r the temps like without a out take fan?

17. shaka:):smoke:

Temps with the fans off takes me kinda high:( high 90s,... With the fan on it drops a lot, between 76-81 degrees. Prolly gonna re-due my passive intake and make it active. Still all n all not too crazy temps. I know that all that will go out the window when i switch lights
    to my 600 hps..Ack!:eek:...but ill kill dat beast when i get there..lol

heres a pic i just took..

[​IMG]

18. Looking good. Hope you figure out your heat issue's.

19. nice grow dude cant wait to see what this brings overall

20. Well if it gets bad i can always use my portable AC unit (which i am pretty sure im gonna use :mad: ) I also spaced the plants out better so as to allow better light...but these plants are very short and thick!....the nodes are really close to each other making it look "fat"..:D

[​IMG]