SuperCloset Review

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sevenpumpchi, Feb 25, 2010.

1. This is my first post, though I have been using this site as a reference for about six months. Thanks to all who have contributed in helping us noobz. I wanted to give anyone else looking for details about SuperCloset a heads up regarding their products, customer services, and deception.

This is a full review of the Side by Side made by super closet.​
    (Note: It does not matter which super closet you may be interested in. ​
    They are ALL complete RIP OFFS! Please do not waste thousands of dollars like I did!)​
    Smell: The super closet does NOT minimize smell at all! The filter that comes with the closet is the cheapest filter and is not even charcoal based. This filter will NOT help minimize smell!
    Ebb and flow: Not a true ebb and flow system. A huge hassle, due to uneasy draining and while most ebb and flow systems have separate tanks for water reservoir and actual plants, making it easy to fill and keep the right Ph, this one has one tank sitting in the other. It is very hard to maintain proper pH and a pain to drain.
    Maximum Growth??? Yeah RIGHT!!!! What a joke! This system is NOT efficient at all, especially due to the layout of space. The closet can either be 2x3x6 or 2x6x6 with a light rail. There is nothing special about the white boards to reflect the light; it is still very difficult to get adequate light to all your plants in such a small area.
    Light rail: Does nothing for growth, just spreads what growth you would get from a 2x3 space to a 2x6 space. So, if you could get a pound from a 2x3 space and then used the Side by Side with the light rail, you would still only get a pound from the 2x6 space, as all your plants are having to share the light. You WILL NOT get twice the growth due to using the light rail!
    Customer Service: Horrible, hard to get a hold of, and depending on who you talk to they often contradict each other. They will tell you whatever they must to sell you the system, and then they don't care…ISN'T IT SUSPICIOUS THAT THEY DO NOT OFFER A MONEY BACK GUARANTEE???
    Vegetation chamber: What a joke! The two fluorescent lights will barely keep vegetative plants alive, let alone help them grow properly! What growth you do get is more of a “stretching up to try to get closer to the light” type of growth, as opposed to the “bushy growth that gives you more nodes, closer together” that you would get with a better light.
    Stealth Grow: Not at all! The closet cannot be pushed against the wall, must be kept six to twelve or more inches away, so it looks strange to begin with. It is also loud. I can shut the door to the room that the closet is in and you can still easily hear it from the hallway. You can see light from around the doors, and what the heck are you going to tell people it is anyway? Add the fact that it still smells, and your whole “stealth” plan is GONE!
    Fans: The weakest fans you could use and not nearly enough of them to really help keep the temp and air flow optimal.
    Shelves: The weakest metal you could use, mine bent and had to be replaced by my second grow!!
    Humidity: Very high humidity, leading to real mildew problems! It is difficult to get good air flow and temp, this causes problems with humidity that you would not have just turning a room into a grow room.
    Nutrients: I am warning you now…they will send you the cheapest, lowest quality nutrients that are out there! They don't dissolve properly, causing nutrient problems AND pH problems. When it's only a few dollars more to get even decent nutrients, it really makes a person quite upset to spend thousands of dollars and then be given such cheap and poor nutrients!
    Easy to follow Instructions and DVD??? Again, yah right! First of all, the dvd they send you is only for the single upright closet and they can choose to send you different set ups for the white reflective boards and other things, making parts of the dvd not even relevant! On top of that, when you buy the Side by Side, like I did, this dvd leaves SO MANY questions not answered that you are really left guessing! And lastly, the dvd is just very badly edited and it jumps from topic to topic, sometimes cutting off at very important parts. The written instructions are not much easier to understand, they are just typed out (no helpful pics), and some instructions are worded in such a way that they leave you quite confused.
    So, what should a person do if they are interested in starting a grow room and wanting to be discrete? Visit the grow supply stores in your area. Explain your situation and ask for advice. Once you find someone you feel comfortable with, become a loyal customer. You will find the people at grow stores to be so helpful, they are invested in your ongoing success…unlike the Super Closet people, who are absolutely done with you once they make their sale!

2. they do suck ass had a family mamber pay 3000$:eek: for that hunk of crap...light leak's everywere, ventalation suck's, cramped space, tiny lower veg room, can dent it by flicking the damn thing....they really really suck..for 3000$ i could buy 3 1000w hps, 3 1000w MH, all the medium and vetalation?carbon filter's, air cool everything etc..in a 20 x 20 room! lol ya they rip you off soooooo bad....

cheer's

3. Interesting review... I have seen these cabinets in use and many of the thing you are saying havnt been a problem for my buddy. I have one in the mail to me myself (Minifile), Gotta love tax return checks lol. My construct company I work for actually uses the same cabinets for storage and they can take a beating (its funny to walk into work and see what looks exactly like your buddy's grow cabinet haha). Anyways, when I talk to Chris, owner of hydro-unlimited.com, he warned me to watch out for cheap rip offs (many people are trying to take the name of supercloset). To only order from supercloset.com, hydro-unlimited.com (Official dealer). He told me they have had some people thinking they are buying superclosets but they are just rip off. I checked on supercloset.com and they have a list of 4 Official dealers and hydro-unlimited is one.

So where did you buy it? I would talk to Chris if you bought from hydro-unlimited.com or dave at supercloset.com if you are having problems depending who you bought it from. My buddy and I have had good deals with both of them, he had a defective timer come with his and they shipped him another really fast and gave him a small discount to make it up to him.

4. #4 custom280Z, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2010
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjDwbeuCukQ]YouTube - Hydroponic System DELUXE Automated All-in-One Grow Set-up[/ame]

we bought this exact one...it is garbage man for 3000k dollar's! maybe 800 buck's then ya ok...but after shipping we paid almost 3000 and i'm 155lb's ...can walk through this thing if i wanted to...you can dent these really easy..sorry...
    biggest sorriest POS i've ever wasted money on...bottom line for 3000$ i could have bought a nice used sport's car...

5. oh and that video came from supercloset.com themselves...it's on there site right now and that is who we ordered from...

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. mmmm i would have just got a storage cabinet that was the same size and put a 400 watt hps in there a ventilation system some mylar and a dwc system in there and had a nice setup for a couple hundred bucks........why does it cost so much? Doesnt seem that any of it is that expensive to manufacture that is a crazy price for something so simple

7. mmmm any responses lol?.................anybody?

8. I would never in a million years waste 3000 on one of these super-closets. I would much rather invest that money in a much nicer grow room that would be 100 times better than this super-closet or should i say super-waste

9. Building your own system is always an opition for anyone. Anyone here that knows how to build a growing system properly were not just born with those skills. I have consulted on MANY grow from home growing of tomatoes to commerical grows. If I had a penny for every person that made their own setup and messed up, I could give my company away and retire a millionaire.
    We offer our services as a builder of TIME TESTED grow system. Also our systems start at 695.00 for 5 in 1 system that even will dry your crop, not 3000 dollars. I wont lie, we have "FLAGSHIP" models that do cost over 3000 dollars.
    In Conclusion, I love all feedback on the systems. I recommend anyone interested to search google.com to find reviews but also ask to read with in mind, some people have been ripped off by copy cat systems and others are cabinet builders trying to drive business to themselves. You will find MANY MANY more good reviews then bad.

10. i wont lie though i do respect you coming in here and explaining and standing up for your product not many business owners would do that. In this day and age there are alot of scams and rip offs out there, and i have never used your system nor do i have anything against it. But its good to know some people still believe in old fashioned customer service, and standing for the products they put their name on :)

11. Those look extremely overpriced.

12. First off thank you, it is nice to hear nice comments like that. I take alot of pride in my company and strive to make it a can do company. We do everything we can to make sure people are happy.

Chasin,
    If you inspect what comes with a system and the labor it takes to construct and develop, its easier to understand. They are all turn-key system that include EVERYTHING, trelis, nurtients, 3 year warranty, cloning pad, and etc. Most builders don't offer even close to this amount of features. I just invite you to take a look at our website for information on them if you are interested in more info. Im going to stop now, trying so hard to not just look like spam, but hard to do with responsing to that haha.

13. sure i'll respond to that ...
    i also repect the fact that someone from your company would get on here and take this time...to that i say thank you...but yes your super clost delux is almost 3 grand and was bought about 5 years ago for around that price...it was garbage...16 gauge steel? i must be iron man and the incredible hulk must of been the delivery guy who dent it the first time...dude im a 155lb's... i'm no iron man.. but i can send my right elbow through this thing if i wanted...and why would anyone ever make a grow box from metal?????? metal retain's heat!! lol try wood ...lot's of home maker's use wood and can bash there cab, but look, no dent's...ahhh and no retained heat...

your carbon filter is a good one..that was said in my post...it's your crappy fan's that do not push enough air through them to even kill the smell....bottom line..ventilation is horrible...

light mover's? try light hanger's and yes they suck ...3$ for some metal chain at wallmart sorry bud, but metal chain is full proof....how would you even fit a mover in a cab? lol

600 hps ...wow for 3000 dollar's, should have had 4 of them in there for 3000 dollar's...

who votes on these review's to were supercloset win's these award's? not me...not the consumer that actually pay's for them and uses them either...

all because someone has done something for a while does not make them any good at it...

and yes walmart does sell cab's and other furniture with the same space and hieght that your super closet has..i found a nice wood cabinet for a 32" tv that was ...6' high x 4' wide by 26" in depth...wow that 2 more inches in depth than a super clost! omg! and it cost a wopping 150$ had selves to seperate the veg and flower room's, double door's thjat were tighter shutting and when i stood beside it i could push on it without it squeaking or dancing back in forth like the 3000 supercloset still does to this day...i should post pic's of the buckling at the bottom of it...

customer service, well bro this is it...in 5 -6 years, this is the best costumer service i ever got right here at the GC forum, thanx...
    the supercloset didn't even come with a setup dvd or any paper work...when we called you know what our option's were from supercloset was? to friggin buy a dvd, that is wrong man...just wrong...

"If you inspect what comes with a system and the labor it takes to construct and develop, its easier to understand. They are all turn-key system that include EVERYTHING, trelis, nurtients, 3 year warranty, cloning pad, and etc."

let me help you out here man ...ok this is soooo much bull...

600 watt hps 250$
    axial fan's 14$ each at discount hydro...x3 42$
    carbon filter 50$ anywere
    nutes lol advanced nutrient's veg-bloom-micro combo...36$ some of the good stuff!
    turn key 15$ hardware store for a kit and i even get to choose my favorite nfl team on the key lol
    the white panel's on the inside 20$ for a sheet bigger than the supercloset lol
    light hanger's 10$ anywere about 6-7$ on ebay
    ph up and down? um vinegar is 85 cent (ph down) and tap water (ph up) is about free i pay 15$ a month...or 8.99 for the real stuff down the street...
    oh 20$ for those rinky dink uv light's , and 20$ is pushing it for those...omg there shop light's.....walmart carries these for 10$

your ebb and flow, ggrow rock's together is worth 100$ top's
    can build a diy aeroponic system(wich is about 12115122362% better for 50$)
    dryer duct is about 4 dollar's worth...
    pieces of pvc in the supercloset i'll give ya 3$ cause it's decent sized 3-4" x about 6 inches long...lol
    power cords for axial fan's 12 each...there's what 3 fan's so 36$
    sheet metal about 100$ worth or i could go buy that bigger entertainment center for 150 and it's solid wood and does not retain heat...

and that is about everything it comes with correct? anything i can add to what the actual super closet delux that i can go for it...

let's see were we are at just as is now in your cost...this is at retail too so your getting a better price at wholesale remember that...i'm no tard...plus i'm giving you the best of the retail price's just to be fair....and 20$ FOR THE ROCKWOOL LOL

grand total: 715$

CANT ARGUE WITH MATH....

i bet you take pride in your company..but you should be more worried about taking pride in giving your product's out for a fair price and helping the cause....
    instead your company make's mucho cash off hard working people thinking there getting something there not...your advertising a space ship's but handing out port-a-potties.....
    yep i use that crapper right now after having to purchase an actual vent blower, seel all the light leak's and air leak's it has, not to great when running co2 by the way, air leak's are kinda bad....
    if you want to take pride in your company for real!? hire a real home grower with 25 years horticultyre skill's like me to do your research and development instead of college know it all's and book reader's...
    you guy's need someone new and inventive to make these thing's really worth the money my man...
    i know i'm bashing your product, but i'm being an honest , very hard working consumer, and a horticulture vet...
    most grower's are the everyday blue collar guy that can grow the pant's off most the pro's for one reason...they have no choice but to come up with new inventive, cheap and reliable way's to grow indoor's with no worries from nosey people...dude i build everything for super cheap but modify design's to make them even better at a tiny fraction of retail cost...this is what good home growers with real exp do...it's in the blood...
    if you don't want to have to defend a product then give the customer something you know has no flaw's then it makes it worth the 3000$ i lost in my dealing's with supercloset..

14. #14 custom280Z, Feb 26, 2010
    oh forgot the trelis and cloning pad...plus mini green house
    cloning pad 25$
    trelis 3$ just bought some...
    mini house 7$ at wallmart
    timer's..50$ and that's givin more than taking
    total: 800$ :D

15. I am not going to bother argueing with you over it, You didnt include labor cost, cost of tool, and another parts of the kit. If you wanna also talk about price? You under price many parts. A steel cabinet of that size is ofcourse more expensive then a wood cabinet. That cabinet you are talking about is a particle board construction and it will warp and fall apart if moved after being set up. I am not going to bother going on with you, you made your point, you didnt like the cabinet long time ago so why drag it out? NO steel cabinet that size will not bent in when you push on it, IT IS NOT REFORCED AND NO CABINET IS. Have a good one.

16. #16 custom280Z, Feb 26, 2010

1 good post and you tap out?
    lol
    wood don't warp unless it get's wet dude, that's why they do this thing called pressure treating...;) especially oak...
    and non all wood cab's are particle board not to mention that there classified adds and good will etc that you can pick up a solid oak cab in for 100 or less...those tool's may cost you at first they call that an investment, you by one set of tool's and make 1000's of growboxes with that 1 set...i know how buisness work's ....lol that's the cost of starting a buisness welcome to reality....

a steel cab is not that expensive there is a sheet metal shop down the street from me, hense custom280z....i build cars! i use heavier gauge than you do for that price, i over priced several item's...htg sell's a digital 600w setup with the bulb for 250 dude...2 year service included....

and yes oak cab's and other wood cab's are reinforced by the way this includes dresser's, armoir's, and wardrobes...that's what all those extra little 1" x 1/2" board's are doing in every corner on the inside...they call this reinforcement....lol

you didn't address anything i posted, about the voting, what exatly i missed on my list, nothing...
    not very good bud not very good... seem's like you and your company talk more than anything, promotion's , etc...i can go around all day and say i have the biggest penis you ever saw, but that don't mean squat till the real majority measures that joker lol

last but not least...i have a good one ...i built it myself for 1/4 of the price of that garbage:wave:

17. #17 hydrounlimited, Feb 26, 2010
    Reason why one post, you showed how unreasonable you were so why argue that. And that is particle board, not real word, IT AINT PRESSURE treated. It has an "oak finish" you will not get a solid oak cabinet that size for anything close to 150. And the humidity warps that wood, that is why you see all pro built cabinet made out of STEEL.

Finally to your penis comment, We were measured, 5 STRAIGHT YEARS OF BEST CABINET COMPANY.
    Everyone gets the point, what is the point in you insulting me and my company that I built from nothing?

PS get REAL research, no funiture at Walmart is solid wood, that is why it is cheap. "You get what you pay for"

18. that little one i made is and its fully vented with 4 fan's 125w hydrofarm cfl and two 43w 6500k cfl's in the top..if your going to call out my little white veg cab then yes it is particle board and was only 60$ after tax bro..lol i wasn't talking about that one lol
    cfl's will not warp it only water...i got my hydrofarm cfl for 40 shipped and it's 6500k , i buy 2 more of those and 3 more 3000k and guess what...still cheaper plus more watt's of light in a complete full spectrum than your supercloset..lol
    my little white cab is even more stable than the supercloset delux...
    yes and any who has ever been to a triftstore, yardsale/garage sale, goodwill,funiture outlet store,ebay, or search classified add's can find anything for about 150...
    i bought my car for 600$ lol and put about 3000k into it and it's a show car, fully custom, and does about 170-175 mph..lol

my point being this whole time...that for 3000$ , the supercloset should wipe my butt, wash my car, and stop my wife from bitching along with growing at least a LB of fine kush at the same time...bottom line...

good day...:wave:

19. oh and you still have not told anyone who does these magical rating or votes on them to make you the best....
    pro cab???????????
    lol
    any pro grower know's that steal, alum, or any metal is like wearing black, oh the same color your goofy box is lol...two big no no's in growing man!!!!! metal and black!
    you might as well use aluminum foil in there too and turn it into a big giant microwave wow and you are a pro grower!? or do you just copy everyone elses boxes and say well they do it and we call them pro's so why not us? let's use steel !! that way , over time it will rust and have a huge hole in the bottom from runoff water, spill's, foliar feeding, etc...

sorry man but it's true and everyone here can agree that through free research you can build anything from scratch with some thinking and a decent doobey...
    check the DIY section of this forum and post your supercloset in there...see what everyone else has to say...you prob will not get to many replies for a few minutes due to length of time it takes to stop laughing at the price tag...

besides you tapped, i though you were done, you can't just get up and start battle after a clean tap, now i'm going for the knock out just stay down rock! just stay down!

20. #20 hydrounlimited, Feb 26, 2010
    ok buddy, you are a know it all... last post because not like I am going to get anywhere. You been asking about rating but you finally spit it out where. Ok bud, I am sure you know more about growing then myself. Not like i have a Degree in Horticulture and run a hydroponic company and design commerical hydroponic setup haha. Have a good one, next time do your research better, you were throwing alot of bull out there like it is factors when its not at all.
    You dont get my point at all, we build cabinets for people that don't want to or have the time to build there own. I not here advertising or trying to tell you not to build your own. but anyways if you wanna keep up talkin trash with no real backup information then keep on. I am done dealing with it.