Great, cheap, oscillating fan for small enclosure.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Renaldo, Feb 4, 2010.

1. I bought this tower fan at Big Lots last week for $15.

I couldn't figure out how I was going to fit a decent sized oscillator in my area without it taking up the space of a plant or two. I decided I couldn't put it off any longer so I went to various store asking if they had fans in stock. None did.

But Big Lots came through. They didn't have any fans out on the shelves, so I asked a stocker if they had any that didn't sell last season or anything. They had gotten these in for this spring, but were still on a pallet in the back.

It's a squirrel cage fan instead of a normal blade style fan.

It's 13" tall. It's 5.5" in diameter and the oscillating action all happens withing it's foot print. So no problem with it needing room to swing around like a regular oscillating fan.

In my 2'x4' grow box, it blows hard enough on high to make the plants looks like palm trees in a hurricane. I leave it on low. It has three speeds.

It's called a "Climatekeeper 12" Oscillating Tower Fan".

[​IMG]

I give it a thumbs up.:smoking:

2. post it in the cheap supplies thread

3. hey bud, could you see if it is positional? :) tip it over your head with the vents pointing down. does the cage rub??

4. Hmmm, interesting. You have about the same grow space as me and I noticed you have that fan and the humidifier there. How many plants can you fit in there? I try to keep most my fans on the walls and I'm trying to find a wall mountable humidifier (found the wall mountable de-humidifier) but they are all too expensive atm.

5. It does not rub if mounted sideways. That's a great idea too.

I also think it blows a lot more air than a normal fan but in a more concentrate stream. With my little plants, I have to put a wind blocker between them and the fan. I am using my two water jugs for this and it works well, the plants still get some wind, but not so much it's damaging them - as I fear it would be without the wind blockers.