Help with case fan wiring

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by princedapimp4, Aug 2, 2009.

1. hey guys, im getting my first stealth box together and need help with wiring my old lg cell phone charger to the pc fan. the pc fan i am using is a dc12v .37a, and the phone charger is input: 100-240v; output: 4.8v-.9a. there are 2 wires in the phone charger that are black and red but there are 4 wires in the fan that are black, blue, green, and yellow. which wires do i match with what? thanks for the help :wave:. ill have thise setup up and going in about 2 weeks after i get this problem taken care of and will post weekly results :D. excited to go pick some clones up

2. All you really need is to wire up the red witih the red and the black with the black, the other colors aren't really necessary. It will work fine with just those 2 wired up

3. You will need a charger that is 12v, not 4.8v, for one. As for wiring it up, it will only work one way and you can't really break it. Wire black to black and then test the red lead on each of the blue green yellow leads and whichever one spins it up is the correct one.

4. my boyfriend knows alot about wiring up different things he said that your probably working with a fan that was meant to have multiple fans on 1 circut the blue and black are most likely the negatives and yellow and green are positives find out wich 1's turn the fan an if you wan to wire another fan you will use the other 2 wires that u didnt use so basically the first 2 of the 4 wires are there for hooking up the fan itself, the other 2 are for any other device you may want to connect at a later time just becareful testing them... hope this helps.....good luck:smoking:

if this doesn't help post a few pics and ill show it to him

5. thanks for the help. i managed to dig up my old 12v router plug and salvaged my old case fan, so now for staged 2. i should have pictures up within a week of the finished case and then ill be picking up the clone soon after. i plan on using LST with a single clone. not expecting much from harvest (i have 3 other outdoors going right now) and just want to experiment with a lil baby for the indoors. light cycle is gonna be 18 hrs for about 6 weeks and then ill cut back to 12 til harvest.