First timer's setup.PICS!!!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Tim t'Enchanter, May 10, 2009.

1. What's up everyone!

I've been posting on here about 2 months while getting set up for my first grow,well, I'm almost there!
    I'm using a 125W Envirolite CFL and two 120mm PC case fans.I'll (hopefully) be growing Lowryder 2.
    The grow box is 75% finished,just need to finish the exhaust, put on a new door and lightproof everywhere and that should do....

Here is the full setup from the outside

[​IMG]

This is what my exhaust looks like from the inside,thanks to AzureBlue for the wiring guide!
    [​IMG]

And this is what the exhaust looks like from the outside.There's roughly a 12 inch gap to the attic, I'm going to connect it with flexible ducting.
    [​IMG]

Here's another outside shot,showing the passive intakes which need to be lightproofed.I'll get the light secured better too.
    [​IMG]

That's all for now,just waiting for the seeds to pop!

2. I like it. Just using passive intake? Are you going to use another fan in there to blow on your plants a little bit? I feel that having a fan or two on intake will add some circulating breeze, which will help your babies.

3. Thanks Bud!
    I was planning on having a small desk fan to strengthen the stems a bit,but now that I know how cheap and easy these PC fans are I may very well put some on intake.

I'll toke on it.....

4. roughly how much did that whole setup cost? looks nice btw :smoke:

5. Hi Cherimoya, it's gonna be a little hard to give you a final figure,but I'll do the best I can....

The wardrobe came with the house,so...€0
    The light fixture, thermometer/hygrometer, timer & 3 bulbs...€150 (secondhand from a friend)
    P.C. fans x 2...€32
    Dryer Vents x 2...€8
    12V adapter for fans...€0 (spare one from old P.C. speakers)

So that's a running total of €190, but there's more to go yet.

I had soil already,and the bag of perlite I got was €10
    The seeds are femm'd Lowryder 2, €70 for 5 from my local growshop.Expensive I know, but handier than ordering online. I wanted an auto for speed first time around,I also have 5 x El Nino femm'd I got for €27.

That's all I can think of right now,will update as I add filters etc.

6. sweet, thanks for the info man :smoke:

7. Nice setup :cool:

I am so glad that the wiring guide helped out. I wouldn't worry much about the difference between the size of the holes and the size of your fan blades. You aren't losing a noticable amount.

You are off to a great start! I can't wait to see this start to come together for you. The space you have to work with is nice! I wish I had more vertical space!

I will be watching :smoking:

8. looking good man! i would have some more air flowing in there but it looks like your off to a great start! good luck !:hello:

9. Cool,thanks a lot guys.

10. Looking sweet man!
    I'll stop by frequently. I'm also going to refer to that wiring guide for ventilation. We have a little desk fan venting out, and are using passive intake. It seems to be working right now, but we just upped our lights substantially so I might run into some problems.

any thoughts on adding some extra space for cloning/seedlings/etc once those girls get going? rubbermaid bins seem to be pretty sweet for that sort of thing. I think that will be my next project

11. Hey mcar, you shouldn't have too much heat from CFLs, so you should be OK. I've thought about adding a clone/mother room, the bedroom that this closet is in is empty, so I have plenty of room to add another small cabinet.

The grow room (closet?) has changed a bit since I last posted in here, I've added a desk fan for circulation, and two supplementary 25w 2700k CFLs.
    I still don't have a filter, but when I need one it will be easy to add to the dryer vents on top.

Here's a current shot of the setup:
    [​IMG]

I know, I know, the plants are very sick. I'm still just a beginner.

12. hey man...

just wondering the dimentions on that cab of yours. Im tryin to get one set up of my own but im not sure how big it should be.

13. It's 5'h x 3'w x 2'd, it's a comfortable size for two plants. It used to be a wardrobe.

14. High tim! Nice lil cab you have going. I like the set up. Nice start for a first run. Not sure of your security arrangements, but you prolly wont need a carbon filter for just two plants(but ya never know). My three Chemdogs in the coco room do relatively fine w/out the filter. I have one if need, but haven used it yet.
    Just a thought for ya..lol.
    Great job and keep the pics commin!
    Peace, bugout