Come build with me! WITH PICS**

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Mrlyjammn420, Oct 27, 2008.

1. I just bought this because it was on sale at my local target store. Its about 5 feet tall and 1 1/2 ft deep and 2 1/2 wide. I just bought a 1000 watt HPS ballast that i need to buy a 400 watt bulb because my area is kind of small so i dont want too much heat in there. I need to buy some intake and outtake exhaust systems but i am not 100% sure on where to position them and which ones to buy. I am sort of limited on money so if you guys have some valuable suggestions i would appreciate it!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. and of course its going to be lined with reflective material probably saftey blankets that cost 1.50 USD and thats what i have right now in my closet grow. But i am more worried about outake and intake.

3. this is my intial thought of design for my grow area

[​IMG]

4. hey man that cabinet is nice pretty much exactly what i was looking for.
    let me ask you are you planning on tryin to run a 400w bulb on a 1000w ballast?

i can definitely be wrong but i think that may be dangerous. maybe get an opinion from someone a lot more knowledgeable than me tho.

5. yah i think it should be pretty efficient but i am pretty sure you can use a 400 watt bulb with a 1000 watt ballast. As long as its not above 1000 watts but i made a thread asking just incase.

6. i saw the thread but i didnt reply but your gonna blow up a 50$ bulb stickin it in that ballast ... trust me ive tried with my 600w

7. yeah i am not usign a HPS bulb and the design is a little different now. Just going with good old fashioned CFL bulbs.

8. LOL

Old fashioned. That's rich :)

9. get T5 High output fluorescent tubes those would work nicely on the top and are easily raised and lowered, and you can even put some 4' ones up the corners

Also, the flat white of that box is fine, you dont really nead to line it with emergency blankets... just a waste of time and money imho

you have alot of options here, you could even make the top shelf a cloning chamber!

keep us posted!!!

10. hey man... come grow with me!

11. Seem's all good, except poke some more holes in the top drawer so that more heat will drain from the bottom part (unless the drawer doesn't cover the entire bottom).

12. This is my newly covered and new design on my grow room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. looking excellent! just remember to make sure your intakes and exhausts are light proofed. you can use a 90 degree pvc elbow painted black on the inside to achieve this

ps actually i dont remember if you need 90 degrees or two 90 degrees in opposite directions... rumpleforeskin has it linked in his sig but i cant find it right now...

good luck and PLEASE keep us posted!:wave:

14. looks like you have a good plan. good luck and ill help if i can

15. thanks guys i am also going to have 2 45 watt soft white CFLs and 4 23watt Daylight CFLS in there in a home made mount i have to construct. You guys think this will be good enough for only 2 plants. It adds up to 182watts

16. dude! how much did you pay for that at target?? That is exactly what I am looking for, those exact dimensions!

17. it was on sale for 37.99 that ends this sunday night. Also the box was alittle ripped but no damage to the product i got 20% off for that :D so i payed like $32

18. DAMN! Im gonna have to go pick one up, I hope they have them at my target, I dont even care if its on sale! Thanks man! Just a quick qustion for ya, what kind of fans are you using for your cabinet?

19. i bought 4 80mm computer fans off ebay for around $12. I also have to buy converters to splice the wires so i can plug them up to an outlet. Not EXACTLY sure of how i am going to do this but i am just waiting on them to get here in the mail. Ill keep you updated. Also what are you planning to grow in? Bubble buckets dont EXACTLY fit in there with the door shut because it pushes out the back a little bit. i would recommend something a little bit bigger depth wise. or if you can find 5 gallon square bucket i bet you can fit 2 in there. But i cant seem to find these ANYWHERE even at my hydroponic store.

20. I was also going to use computer fans, but I think the easiest way to do it is to take a cell phone charger or a power drill charger and wire your fans into that. Heres the link: http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/277617-computer-fan-wall-outlet.html seems simple enough. But I was going to use a 400 watt hps with a 400 watt MH for flowering, yes I have a switchable ballast, but I picked up a kit from steathhydroponics.com which is a resvoir, pump, airstone etc, and holds 4 plants, and will fit perfectly inside the cabinet, hopefully with 4 big bud plants in there ill get a nice yield, hoping for 6 ounces at least, overall.