Underground GrowROOM

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bombastic, Jun 14, 2008.

1. PICTURES ARE UPDATED EVERY 3 - 5 DAYS THIS IS A GROW IN PROGRESS

This is a new thread if you NEED any help on a ROOM SETUP you can allways Message me and I will try to Help you in Growing to get the MAXUIME YEALD and many thanks for reading my Jurny into the oblise lol (spelling is bad weed is good LOL ).

Hello Easy there, I have and I am in the process of setting up a grow room underground its comming on quite well althoutgh there is still some work to be done. I have tested with 3 600 hps lights on and the running temp is around 82 degrees lovley. The temperatures stay stable regardless of the weather outside but i have installed a air con dehumidifier just in case of the need just some housework and the ozone genorators to go and i should be there. I use a reverse amosis machine to condition the water and i found that i get great results from this. Take a look at the pictures.

Please let me no what you think of this new venture lol

I will post some better pictures in the next couple of days and keep all informed when the girls are ready to go into nft.

I have been lowering the humidity over the last couple of weeks and is glad to say that its still decreasing and at 45%

I have put the Mother under a Grow Master 600 metal haylide on a 18 hour light and i am using the air in to cool the shade so the shade is around 15" from the plant she is nice and cool and romping along. I have posted a picture for all to see.

I will update in a couple of days time.

I have now put the mother into a large Aquafarm and enclosed in supermylar and raised the light to 20" initialy still using the air in to cool the plant.

I have now fitted out the back wall with 1 fan directing the air in more evenly works exceptionaly well 72 degrees under a 600 metal haylide 12 inches from the plant. LOL She is romping on I will keep all informed on the rooms progress.:smoking:

Pictures will change every 3 of 5 days ok.

The room is running like a dream this is gonna be good :smoke:

Grow it GREEN not mean

Attached Files:

2. nice set up, wish i had more space for a bigger grow room!

3. That's great bud! If only I had space like that.

4. hopefully you have a de-humidifier set up down there. can throw some bad mold if your not careful....nice op tho!:cool:

5. Yep i have a 12000 btu dehumidifiyer down there that has been running for 6 weeks and the humidity level is now around 65% as this will go down when the temperture goes up should be ok.

Attached Files:

6. You still might have a humidity problem if it is sitting at 65% with the dehumidifier running and no plants in there yet. When the lights are on it usually lowers the humidity, but that is counteracted by the plants soil giving off humidity after being watered. You might be okay, but keep an eye on it. Powdery mildew is a pain in the butt. Usually it is not fatal, but will make your plants weaker and it is not good to smoke. I guess you won't know till it's up and running, but I thought I would chime in anyways. I had to use 2 dehumidifiers with my grow, one in the grow room and one up stairs so that the windows to the house didn't fog up. Thats a dead give-away that a grow is going on so it's best to keep an eye on this. Good luck on your grow - it is looking great! Can't wait to see the girls.

TGT

7. Thanks for the head up there I got the humidity down to 50% now and have just painted the walls with a rubber paint as the walls are the foundations of the house they was releasing to mutch mosture. Seems to have done the job as I sitll got around 3 weeks till the girls go into nft to start there veg as they are still at the cutting stage at the moment and under a purple light.:smoke:

8. I have now lowered the Humidity to 45% as this is the drying out stage for the room before i put and girls into veg. I will keep you all posted on the progress

Attached Files:

9. I have put a Mother into a Aquafarm as i need to set some cuttings of her thinks ill flower her to. I have Used 100% of light available but I am Drawing cold air from outside straight over her. There are not Hotspots and she is picking up.:smoking:

Look at the Heads on this Girl lol

Attached Files:

10. wow sweet you should be able to grow some sick chron! keep us update with pics etc! good luck ^_^

11. :smoke:I have now started to low stress train the plant as I have allready 15 good heads Ime gonna let them go for the canopy towords the netting but continue still to lst the growing tips. Still awaighting cuttings to root.

Attached Files:

12. Some Pics of the fan ect.:smoke:

Attached Files:

13. I used Plastic pipe fro the water in line. I installed a sump pump under the floor and filled with gravel.

Attached Files:

14. This is a great idea and great job, I would just be concerned about power usage....

15. Thanks for the head up on the power I have looked into this and had the meter changed for a economy 7 meter. Still by no means this is not enough as i plan to run 3 600 hps in there. I have came up with a solution to this problem and I am negotiating with next door on drawing 1kw from them as they are palls should be kk. Initials 3 lights on the first grow then me thinks ill keep it to just 2 lights but we will see how all goes.:smoke:

16. hey these are all different pictures than they were 2 weeks ago. Lookin good bud!

17. Here is some pics of the VEG Room Cuttings are by Airoponics Bubble cloner and the unit is part recessed into the floor (Pics to Follow as completing When i gets time).

Bubble cloner working extreamly well pictures to follow of the cuttings

WORK IS COMMENCING ON THIS PROTECT AND PICTURES UPDATED DAILY.:smoking:

Attached Files:

18. TURBO CHARGED AIR SYSTEM = TURBO CHARGED GROWTH LOL

I have a 145 lt magnetic piston pump that will supply all the air for the room. I am going to run Aquafarms in the room and this pump will do the job. I can take 16 air lines of this pump if needed all at high pressure. The air stones that im'e using are just HUGE in size and diffuse the air well.

Pump runs

2 large Aqua farms 2 air lines per farm
    1 bubble cloner
    1 100 lt tank 2 lines for NFT

will also run 8 smaller aquafarms

this pump is the dady and well suited for the job.

Attached Files:

19. That looks like one serious air pump.

20. I had the dilemma of purchasing 1 pump for every Aquafarm at a cost of 20 pound per unit so I looked about and found this pump the air is filtered I got this pump for 39 pound of E bay and shes is a bit loud but she is in the basement so the noise is not a issue. I will plumb in all air lines so the finished progect should be nice and tidy (Not wont's to be tripping over chit in there when sampling the delights and triming.)