Perfect Odour Neutralizer

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by THeCloset, Mar 27, 2007.

1. I'd like to start by saying that this is not my own work, it is that of Growbaby(and 4free for the initial idea) of the forums @ cannabisculture.com

I could have simply linked to the forum but this way the pics are on this site and I find that these forums are much more visually effective. The other has no thumbnails. Plus, I'd simply like to see this community have the best shit, and this is the best.

If you still wish to see the instructions in their original form click here

Perfect Odour Neutralizer

Well, thanks to 4free, my grow closet room is now odor free! Even the chemical smell of the hydro nutes is gone.

Anyway, here is a step-by-step tutorial showing what I did.

You will need:

1. A five gallon bucket
    2. A "muffin" fan, or a round fan of some sort that has the motor built into the compact frame of the fan. (See pics and you will understand.)
    3. A drill
    4. A one pound container of Soil Moist, which is a water absorbing crystal. You can find it at almost all nurseries and gorw shops.
    5. ONA, or Odor Neutralizing Agent. YOu can get it at most grow shops or "baby" shops for new mommies.
    6. A 5 gallong bucket lid, which may be optional.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Step 1.Get yourself a muffin fan, or a Durex brand or Holmes brand circular fan with base. They are very common at Wal-Mart and can usually be bought for less than $8 US. The reason you should get this brand of fan is because after you have removed the base, it fits perfectly into a five gallon bucket.

Attached Files:

3. Step 2.

Using a flat screwdrive, pry of the nubs on the base and remove the screws.

Attached Files:

4. Step 3.

Remove the fan from the base. Keep all the parts in case you might want the fan again someday.

Attached Files:

5. Step 4.

Place the fan into the five gallon bucket, frontside up. If you boght the holmes brand fan pictures here it will fit VERY snugly. You don't even have to secure it in place.

(If it is smaller than the opening, then cut a hole, smaller than the diameter of the fan, into the bucket lid. Use some floral wire and secure the fan to the lid so that you can place the lid onto the bucket.)

Attached Files:

6. Step 5.

Drill about 8 or 10 holes around the bucket.

Attached Files:

7. Step 6.

Remove the fan/lid and put about 9 cups of water into the bucket. Then put about 1 cup of the ONA into the bucket and mix it up. Be careful, it can smell pretty strong at first.

Attached Files:

8. Step 7.

Put about a cup or two of the soil moist into the bucket. Make sure that all of the liqued is absorbed. You don't have to use alot! The crystals expand to about 50 times their size.

Attached Files:

9. Step 8.

Set the fan on the lowest setting and put it back on the bucket. Plug it in and put it somewhere in the corner of your grow room. I don't actually have mine in the closet itself...

You will notice a difference in about 5 minutes!

You may need to tweak it for your own grow room, but that's the basic design. Thanks!

Attached Files:

10. That's it! Works like a charm!

11. Nice, sounds like it would work great... that would also be good for people that still live at home and can't smoke pot, just hide it in the corner of ur bedroom
    +Rep

12. Yeah, later in the post, people were talking about using it everywhere, kittylitter rooms, garages, kitchens, its wild

13. Real good idea closet. But would ONA or soil mist chemicals effect ur plants.:smoking:

14. I read sev eral peoples opinions on this and 100% of them says that it's safe for plant and human consumption, and it doesn't effect the taste or quality of the bud at all. ONA molecules require contact to effect other molecules. The fan draws stinky air through the bucket where it comes into to contact with ONA molecules which bond to the stinkers and make a new smell say green apple or pine fresh. Another great thing about this idea is that it is cost effective. One small package of soil moist will last an entir grow. When the solution dries out just add more water and more ONA. So, the only costly part of maintaining the machine is the ONA. Estimated building cost + first supplies

15. great guide. I will do this for my next grow, because my room and surrounding area outside the room stunk way too much.

16. is the fan blowing air out of the bucket??? or pullin air into the bucket?

17. Alright, i will definatly use this. Thanks for the graet idea. Peace

18. The fan blows up, out of the bucket, that way it draws air in through the holes, the holes should be about 3/4 inch diameter, make 20 of em

19. nice step by step, very good

:smoking::hello: