2000 Watt w/Co2 Williams Wonder & Soma..Take 2

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by CannabisMaximus, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Well, I am at it again. I just got my clones transplanted into 3 gallon grow bags. I was using 5 gal. buckets, but this way I can just get rid of everything at once..bag & all. Plus, I was getting tired of cleaning out & sterilizing buckets.

Anyway, I got 37 plants total...around 2 1/2 weeks into veg. I am growing my Soma A+ as usual, but also added 7 Williams Wonder Weed plants...nothing like some old skool Willy's to get the blood pumping. Plus the Soma is 100% Indica, & I need some thing with just a pinch of Sativa so I don't get couch lock all the time.

I am using GH's Flora Nova's grow & bloom along with some Superthrive, Hygrozyme, Kool Bloom, & a few other additives.

The veg pics are a bit bland, but I will switch to flowering in a week or two.

Here is what they look like so far. I had a N deficiency cause' I was working 50 hrs.+ & didn't give them as much TLC as they needed. They came back though.

Ph is 5.2-5.5 & nutes are at 1750 PPM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lookin awesome man!

3. Thanks mordecai!!

I was lookin' at your gallery....is that a Sugar Glider you are holding?

4. Looks Killer man!:D What size is your space and what is the wattage of your lights?

5. Thanks...

I have a 7x7x8 grow room, & 2x1000 watt MH/HPS switchable ballasts, although I am toying with the idea of adding a third 1000 watt HPS for flowering.

6. That is a nice amount of space I am planning to build a 4x5x6 and I wasnt sure what size`HPS to use. From everything I am hearing 1000w is the best all around. Are you hitting for 2 elbies?

I'll be watching this one..

7. Yeah...my last grow I got just about an oz. or two over 2 lbs. I am sure I could get a bit more with a higher yielding strain, but the Soma A+ I grow is some of the best herb I have honestly seen & smoked.

When it comes to lighting, there really is no such thing as "too much", provided heat isn't a concern. I have to use a 512 CFM fan for my air-cooled lights so that my temps don't soar into the nineties.

A 1000 watt light in your 4x5x6 row room would make for some big dense buds. Just get an air cooled & switchable light, & it will work excellent.

8. Damn Cannabis, always makin my mouth drool.. See really thats all I need is a huge walk in closet and I would be gravy.

9. Hey thanks for stopin my thread..

I was checking out the cool tube reflectors..it seems like it would work real well.

10. It's actually a free standing enclosure I built in a spare bedroom in my basement. It is air & light tight though.

11. You said your last run you pulled off a lil over 2 pounds. How many plants did you grow and what strain was it? Where you using the same amount of lighting??

12. Yeah....I used the same lighting & strain.

I grew 35 plants last time.

13. What's up Stoners??:wave:

I took some new pics...nothing fancy, just some updated veg pics.

This is 2260 PPM of N:
    [​IMG]

This is what your plants look like after being watered with 2260 PPM of N......any questions?:D

I don't know what is up with this Soma A+ strain. It can tolerate the highest amounts of N & not get over fertilized. The highest recommended dose on the Flora Nova label is 1750 PPM of N, & I went over by 500 PPM. It just soaks it up & literally grows overnight.

Anyway...I am gonna switch to flowering this Sunday. I don't want the buds to break any of the branches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Where does this strain originate? And is it obtainable?

15. looking really nice. can't wait to see them budding. good luck

16. Soma is an Rastafarian American who lives in Amsterdam, & started producing seeds for sale in relatively small quantities. He produces some of the finest herb around. Here is some more info about him & his seeds.

http://www.somaseeds.nl/welcome.html

He has all kinds of strains to choose from. I got my Soma A+ (also known as "Rock Bud, because of it's extreme density), seeds from seedboutique about 6 yrs. ago in feminized form. They were very pricey at $425.00 for ten seeds, but they are much cheaper now.

His strains are notably for organic soil grows, but will work with any medium.

Here is the link to the seeds I got: They are no longer available in feminized form for some reason.

https://www.seedboutique.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=20&products_id=290

17. Thank you..:)

18. yes, thats my sugar glider, mr rufus. haha.

your girls are exploding, must be that co2. I cant wait to get a bigger place so I can do a sealed room with co2

19. everything looks great man can't wait to see some flowers

20. Thats a really nice grow. I couldn't imagine growing 35 plants lol. Keep up the good work!:hello: