CFL DWC Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Mrlyjammn420, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Ok this is my update on the beautiful monster. All the leaves that look un healthy its because it was in a cabinet that it quickly grew out. The plant was a solid 1x2ft square and now its starting to finish itself by growing outwards because i have constructed a much bigger grow room. Its 3X4X5. One plant almost looks goofy. But i am going to have lemon skunk and big bang from Green House in there soon. This plant is just a bag seed veg time was 4 weeks and has been flowering now for exactly 3 weeks today. This plant has never been topped so the bud pics are the main colla. Check it out feed back appreciated!:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 Mrlyjammn420, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2008
    If anyone gets a chance save one of the bud sight pics and zoom in. just smoked a bowl and did that and it looks insane. By the way this is my first "real" grow. I had a some what successful grow before but it was male so i try again much much more experience with knowledge and started this thing. Luckily it was female :-D Anyone think they know how much dry weight i could possibly get off this with another 5-8 weeks of flowering? It has 15 promising bud sights and this plant sort have naturally scroged itself.

3. Looking good man! I love the shade of green that she has:D A couple more weeks and you're to sure have some sugar on those buds. As far as your yield goes it's hard to say at this point, but from the looks of your plant, I'd say anywhere from 2-3 oz dry weight.:smoking: Keep up the great progress man. I will be watching

4. Looks beautiful. How many CFLs do you have in that fixture

5. i have 16 cfls. i had 2 45w softwhite bulbs that just broke cuz i am a stupid stoner and thanks for the compliments :-d

6. Thats why its doing so well, 16 CFLs is a lot of light thats like 45,000 lumens in all.

7. Yep!:D I was always told the more the merrier!

8. Man...your one plant is 3x bigger than all three of mine put together...I too have a smaller grow cab right now and since flowering these things are starting to get out of control, I have to stick it out with what I have until another 2 weeks,but man, great work,that thing is a friggin beast

9. haha thanks my plant is bushing out like crazy since i switched over to my bigger grow room. i spent about $50 on all the wood to build my bigger grow room (3x4x5) from a 2x1x5 i thought i had about 15 bud sights but now i see 18 because what i thought wouldnt produce buds are actually growing to decent sized bud sights. Hopefully i get at least 2 ounces off this plant. I am going to be gone for the next 3 days and am hopeing for a big differnece when i get home. I raised the lights about 3 inches above the top colla so i hope it doesnt grow TOO much in the next 3 days.

10. That thing looks really healthy and you have a nice clean grow space. Good job man!

11. Just a quick question:

You said you have 16 CFL's...what size did you go with..The bigger 42W ones? or the medium sized? Can you send me a link to the exact lightbulb b/c I'm thinking I'm ganna add about 2 more power strips, each holding 3 more 42w CFL's to give my babies a boost.

PS: you think you could take a shot of your entire light setup including the hood?

Thanks

12. i have all 26w lights and yeah when i get a chance ill take the pics u want.

13. This is a beautiful grow. Very Clean, Very sufficient lighting, Great growing medium. +REP You deserve it. I was wondering are all 16 cfls lighting from the hood above? I see what you mean about the natural scrog thing going on, but maybe you could increase the yeild even more by getting good light to the buds that are being shaded by some of those massive, and beautiful leaves. It just seems to me that if you have 16 or whatever bud sites that you couldn't possibly get them all from above? But again I could be uninformed about the grow. Well best of luck looks like it is going to be VERY decent cfl yeild.:smoking: Good luck, and Happy Toking.

14. Thanks man, I really appreciate it :)

15. Great looking plant, nice and clean setup... what are the temps like?

1 comment, my old air pump said on it to keep the pump above the water level, I don't know if it was just that one pump, but even since I kept it at least at the same level as my reservoir.

16. Yeah i should have my pump above the water level but i dont. Thats just incase it shuts off or like yesterday my power flickered and my GFI got tripped so i didnt have a pump on for who knows how long. I do tho have a check valve inbetween my air stone and pump and thats for protection so water doesnt go into the pump and ruin it. But hopefully nothing happens cuz i am going to be gone all weekend and the snow over here is HORRIBLE! Everyone keep their fingers crossed for me!!!!

17. Thanks guys for the rep and very nice comments. This is my first grow and i like to hear i am doing well at it. This turned out to be something i incredibly enjoy doing everyday and i just cant wait to smoke my OWN home grown. (bragging rights for a while in my opinion:D) About 4 or 5 of the budsights are near the bottom so yesterday before i left for the weekend i had cut a SHIT LOAD of the leaves in half and did major tucking of the leaves so now it has clear shots of lights directly to the bud sights. The lowest one is about 2-3 inches from the top ones. (not the top colla because thats about 7 inches above it) But when i get home i am hoping for some drastic changes if my plants not dead because of an electrical problem. which i would probably FREAK the hell out if it did. But once again THANKS EVERYONE!!!

18. I built a pvc rectangle depending on what size you want you can cut it or just leave it. (using 1/2inch pvc pipe with 1/2 inch pvc 90 degree elbows.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was a piece of sheet metal i got from lowes that you just screw into the side of the pvc pipe. This was a very tricky thing to do by yourself i tried and cut my self because the sheet metal is very sharp. Have your girlfriend or buddy help you! Also before you attach the sheet metal you have to get a piece of wood the length of the sheet metal and attach it to the middle of the sheet metal.

[​IMG]

Then you take 2 power strips or how ever many you need to cover the sheet metal. These are placed on the other side of the piece of wood obviously. Then i bought sockets that just plug into a outlet and then i bought Y connecters to go into the socket so you have have 2 bulbs rather than 1. Also i usually only put 4 sockets into each power strip because you dont want it too crowded because they will fall out and break your expensive bulbs. (i just did last week broke 2 45w bulbs that were $10 a piece NOT FUN)

[​IMG]

And there you go if have any direct question feel free to ask.

19. This is the update on my plant now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]