NVMYWRX's 09' Indoor Mixed Strain Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by nvmywrx, Nov 15, 2008.

1. #1 nvmywrx, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2008
    As the title says its my first grow, i ended up getting a clone of g13 from someone and we will see where this takes me. I hope i can get all the input and help I can get(Negative or Positive). Right now i have the clone in a room with my lights and a fan on it.

Specs on my room.

28.5w" x 47"h x 32d"
    13.5 quarts bucket from plant.
    Mylar Walls
    6 23w 6500k
    4 42w 4200k
    Fox Farm Soil and Nutes
    5" Can Fan w/ carbon filter

Right now im trying to find out whats wrong with the clone and revive it. It seems to be drooping a little. I saw pictures and it could be from over watering it. I have went through about a gallon of water in about 3-4 days.

Does anyone think i could get one more plant under the lights?

Ill keep this updated as much as possible. I will get pictures up when i get to my house.

2. :wave:OVER WATERING COULD BE YOUR PROBLEM,SEEMS LIKE TO MUCH WATER FOR A YOUNG CLONE,WHAT KIND OF SOIL MIX ARE YOU USING?WHAT IS THE TEMPERATURE OF YOUR GROW AREA?HOW MANY HOURS OF LIGHT ARE THEY UNDER?WHAT KIND OF CLONING SOLUTION DID YOU USE? ALL THESE COULD HAVE A EFFECT ON YOUR PLANT.I HAVE HAD MY OWN EXPERANCE WITH CLONES,AND WITH GREAT SUCCESS.ALLWAYS USE CLONING SOULTION,MAKE SURE SOIL HAS PLENTY OF PERLITE AND VERMICULITE,THEY HOLD WATER GOOD AND DRAIN WELL,MOST OF ALL THEY ALLOW THE ROOTS TO BREATHE. THERE IS A TON OF INFO HERE AND ELSEWHERE,RESEARCH IS THE THE ANSWER LEARN ALL YOU CAN,EXPERIENCE WILL COME.:smoking:

3. i think you can get 2 more plants under those lights, i have a very fast growing healthy plant under 5 23 watts and 2 other healthy plants too.

4. #4 nvmywrx, Nov 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008
    Soil I am using is Fox Farm.
    They are under 24/0 of light
    the clone was given to me so no idea on solution(any recommendations for future cloning?)

I don't have any Perlite or Vermiculite maybe I should check that out?

awesome I want to get as many plants under there as possible, but i will have to wait till this one is done unless I make a new veg/clone area.

I just picked up a 5' can fan with a carbon filter.
    I am thinking that SOG is my best way to grow with only 4' of height to grow.
    Does anyone think i could get an hps in there with the 5" can fan I have and still keep it cool?

here are some pics as promised.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. #5 nvmywrx, Nov 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008
    my humidity is a bit low about 37% any ideas how to raise it?

Did they give me the wrong adaptor for my Can fan. I bought the 5" can fan and it came with this 5" adaptor and it looks like the carbon filter is about 6" wide?

5" adaptor
    [​IMG]

stuff that came in the box
    [​IMG]

6. My plants seem to be getting worse, Im starting to think its not from overwatering.
    I have not giving the plants any ferts yet because i thought i had an over watering problem so i held off.

Temp is abour 78 and humidity is around 35%

Also i had an accident and when moving around a light the bulbs fell on it and i got it off quickly so that might be the reason for the marks on the leaves that were healthy today.
    The leaves that were yellow are dying up and pointing up.
    [​IMG]

7. Probably hungry dude. Or your pH is fucked.

8. #8 phantom621, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2008
    :eek: dude the light falling on your plant wont help! i have done that myself but never on a clone, and when i did, i broke the top off a 3'foot plant and made a clone from that, with success! my experence is to use some sort of cloning solution like Dip N Grow i use it all the time,Shit works great, you can get it here good prices on everything www.htgsupply.com
    my clones take about 7 to 10 days before they shows sings of new life.this is your first time dude,if it dont make it, try and try again, clones survive better in a wormer environment,24 hours light, feed it a little phosphorus,the soil should have enough of what everelses for now,until the roots start to take hold. :smoke:
    [/B][/COLOR]

9. ok well i figure the burn on the top leaf is from the light falling on it but the plant isnt looking to well.

temp 77 deg
    humid 30%
    watered 2 days ago.

I am thinking i did something wrong when transplanting it into the pot of soil.

The plants used to hand and now they look like there curing up and drying out. How much water does everyone usually water each time? I might not be giving her enough water.

it also sucks that i dont have a ph meter.
    here is some pics I need help ASAP!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Quick question so the plant looks like it has a couple leaves at the bottom that are basically dead should i clip these so the new growth can grow better?

[​IMG]

11. not much of an update, ive had the plant for about 18 days. It looks like its getting much better now that I am feeding it nuets. Also looks much better after cutting the dead leaves off.

[​IMG]

12. #12 nvmywrx, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
    shes looking great!!! I know I know another boring veg pic but she is getting soooo big!
    She is about 7 inches. This thing went into high gear once i started feeding it ferts also i clipped the dead leaves at the bottom. The light burn is still there on some of the leaves but I am not worried about it.

Does anyone think I should be topping her?

Is it normal to have 2 stems comin out of the same node?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Looking much better. You could take the top as a clone in a few days... taht'll help keep your height down and let you get another plant under those lights. If you wait a few more days, you could probably take 2-3 clones.

Keep the pics coming! :hello:

14. #14 nvmywrx, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008
    Ive never head of that. I thought it was best to take clones from the bottom? It would be great if i could keep height down and just have another plant. I want 4 clones so i have 5 clones total. Is it best if i keep the clones in rockwool? or can i stick them in a little pot with some fox farm soil and stick under some light?

I will try to get a good pictures today or tomorrow but the plant stem is all purple could this be the strain? Also there is sacs from each node where it almost looks like its flowering. Could it be flowering? I have not changed any light.

15. Can you post a picture of the sacs? That usually indicates it's a male dude. Let's hope they're not pollen balls.

16. here is some new pics and pics of the sac.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. looks female to me.

18. #18 nvmywrx, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2008
    Its been about 23 days that I have had the clone. and i'm looking to flower around next week, The plant is about 11 inches shes looking pretty good. I didn't end up LSTing her like i wanted to I just wasn't 100% sure I would do it right. So i decided not to kill the plant.

and im looking to take some clones. If i want to keep the plant lower can I take some off the top of the plant? Also what part of the plant should i clone? Is this right where i have the black line?

[​IMG]

19. #19 nvmywrx, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2008
    i know its been awhile with no update ive been pretty busy. The plant is still in the vegging area. I ran into alittle problem im having someone come reapraise the house so i need to wait to build the flowering area. So I havnt flowered her yet and im getting nervious that she will be getting to big to fit into the 47" box. Any ideas what i can do?

Also im looking to get a 400w hps for flowering instead of taking the work and making a new light fixture. Anyone think it would get to hot in the box. Just a recap of the area i have a 5 inch can fan. The room size is 28.5w" x 47"h x 32d"

I rotate her daily and does anyone else think its weird that out of the 4 sides one side has really no growth outwards

While building the flowering box i need to make the inlet holes. Is it a must to have the inlet size double the outlet? I wouldn't mind making the holes that big but i'm worried about keeping light out and it would be an inconvenience to have 2x 5" pipes to keep the light out.

20. not much going on with the plants, I went and picked up 3x 3" 90 deg pvc joints for the intake. I will just put the pvc pipes on the outside of the box to keep more room in the box.

Well here is a pic of some peices and chocolate chunk pickup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]