First grow - Indoors - Soil - White Russian

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by noober, Jul 19, 2008.

1. It has been 19 days since I started my White Russian seeds using the paper towel method and two weeks since they first appeared above ground. All nine seeds geminated.

Plants are getting pH 5.7, tap water with SUPERthrive after letting them dry out for a few days. I let the chlorine evaporate before I use the water.

I made the mistake of flushing MiracleGrow soil last week (to lower the pH) which caused an abundance of nutes to be released and shocked the plants. I let them dry out and then watered slowly with 5.5-5.7 Ph water and they are recovering nicely. Temps are from 79-81 degrees Fahrenheit. Humidity is 50%. Lights are on 24x7. My veg light is a Pioneer Jr. fixture with four 2' Sunleaves VitaLUME T5 tubes. My veg box doors stay open.

My perlite also has nutes so I will replace it with no-nutes perlite when I transplant them next week. I’ll use 4 parts MG to 1 part perlite in 10” pots. They will go into the walk-in closet under the 400w HPS. I might veg them a little longer in the closet with the standard 400w MH bulb until they adjust from transplanting and then switch to 12/12 Hortilux HPS.

How do they look?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Good start man.

Good luck!:)

3. Thanks man :)

4. Soil pH is still reading high so I will let them dry out and lower the water pH to 5.0.

I plan on vegging until they show their sex.

5. Hey man, nice setup, I love the stealthy grows!

Some strains will not show sex during veg and some will; I usually wait for one to preflower and then switch to 12/12 to let the rest shift to flowering.

Good luck with your grow man!

6. Thanks man!

Does anyone think I have a ppm problem? I now we have hard water here. I don't have a ppm meter but maybe I should buy one?

How does one go about adjusting ppm?

7. 3 1/2 weeks into vegging and two of my plants are def males... I'm not sure about the third pic though. What do you all think?

My camera sucks and won't focus tight on close ups.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Looking good man! Can't wait to compare our grows, I'm doing the same strain!

9. Thanks man.

Do they look like males, especially pic 3?

I'll put up pics of the other six plants later. I think they are all females, no balls :)

10. Here's a group shot of the other six still under the light:

[​IMG]

11. Anybody have an opinion on the sex of these plants?

12. Here are more pics of the same three plants. Are those the balls of a male plant or possibly Calyx?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

13. Guess I'll wait a few more days to see if they turn out to be balls on a stick or if they sprout white hairs.

14. #14 noober, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
    Here we are at 5 1/2 weeks since the seedlings made their first appearance above ground.

They have been under the HID 2 weeks and they were transplanted a week ago.

Room temp - 79 degrees F
    RH - 50%
    Light schedule - 18/6

I have a lumatek 400w Electronic Ballast. Currently using a standard MH bulb.

The closet has an exhaust venting outside and a passive intake. The door pretty much stays open at all times right now.

I also have a pond fogger in there to keep the Relative Humidity up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Here's a pic taken today.

Saturday I'm taking cuttings and switching to 12/12 with a Hortilux HPS Enhanced Spectrum bulb.

[​IMG]

16. Looking great man!

Can't wait to compare results!

17. Me too man! Your WR looks incredible and elegant. I'm definitely going aero on the next round!

Mine is kind of crude but thriving. They're going to be beasts by the time they're done flowering :)

18. Lookin good man!

19. there aint nuthing wrong with crude as long as it grows!

:)

what breeder do you get your white russian from? I tried some from HGS and love it!

Excellent smoke, great taste, nice yield, easy to grow and clone etc...

definetely a good idea to start flowering now

good job, keep it up!

20. #20 noober, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008

Serious Seeds - The original WR strain. I'd love to compare notes on the strains after I smoke some :)

I'm going to start flowering tomorrow. I can't find my cloning gel and the Hydro store is closed today :(
    Thanks man.