10,000 Watt run all in Coco!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Mister420Green, Jun 13, 2008.

1. I'm running 10 x 1000 all in 3 gallon bags filled with 3 different types of coco. That's just so I can see which coco yields better all around. I'm on a recirculating system drip fed from the top of each bag 6 times a day for 6 minutes and 20 seconds each interval. Coco is not like dirt, it's actually more like rocks, however I hate rocks and get a better yield with coco.

Nutrient Recipe:
    House and Garden Hydro A and B
    House and Garden Roots Excelurator
    House and Garden Multi Enzyme
    Plant Success
    Botanicare Cal Mag
    Botanicare Hydroplex
    Atami BCuzz Bloom
    Protekt
    House and Garden Bud XL
    Gravity
    Botanicare Sweet
    Hygrozyme

I use a dechlorinator and RO. I fill my tank with the dechlor and then top off with RO. Everything seems to be going very well thus far. I already have roots coming out of the bottom of the bags from the BCuzz coco. Empire Organics Coco Peat is in second place in my opinion and Eazy Coco Phase 1 is in third, not really for any reason in particular, it just doesn't look as rich as the BCuzz and Empire Organics. However, I can literally water it every hour without any issues... I don't, but I can, that may be a very good thing later on in the cycle.

Hope you all enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. Your energy bill. I feel sorry for your wallet.

But VERY nice set up, by the way. Keep us updated.

3. very nice operation man, looks like youve spent alot of time and money into it,

i cant wait to see them flowering.

peace

4. thats a little tooo scary
    i would never run more than 4 1000 watt lights. good luck without getting caught.
    hope you racked up the bill before attempting this one.

5. damn that's pretty pro dude.. looks like you git it straight

gl to ya

6. yeah this would be a killer Legal Set up! Very Pro Indeed!:cool:

7. im pretty sure it is a legal op. that or this guy has some brass.

8. Thanks for all your comments everybody. And by the way, yes this is a legal op. I'm a patient and caregiver in Cali. Thanks to Prop 215, SB 420 and hopefully AB 2743. I put a lot of time, energy and effort into this setup so the compliments are much appreciated. My energy bill is pretty high, especially in summer months. But it's really nothing in comparison to what I bring home. So I don't really stress about it that much.
    I will definately keep this journal updated. Hopefully I'll turn some of you guys onto coco. IMHO, it's the only way to grow. I've tried rocks, aeroponics, soil, you name it and coco is the most forgiving but allows you to feed like hydro. Yields are sick and you can add organics to your recipe to bring out more taste. BTW, this is all Bubba Kush. I should be putting some Super Bubba Kush in the next run. I'll probably run that one with Connisseur as my base just to see if you can really get that 2lbs per light. So far, I've found that to be complete b.s. Maybe 1.5 - 1.8 at most but 2 is ridiculous. I'll put some pics up of my nutes so you can see, I've tried everything and nothing compares to what I'm running right now.
    Again, thanks everybody for your input. If anyone has any questions, hit me up, I know coco like the back of my hand, rocks...can't help anyone there as my skills aren't up to par in that medium to be giving advice. I always experienced root rot or cyanobacteria when growing with hydroton. Tried it for a year and went seriously into debt trying to get rocks to work. More power to you all who grow in rocks, my hat is off to you.

Attached Files:

9. I just started my go about 10 days ago and im still not sure how offen i water my plants is it every day or what and do you water till the pan fills with water and let it sit till water is gone im not sure i have grown in soil before so i kinda know what im doing but i need help please

10. it depends on pot size/plant size.
    feel the soil, if the top layer of soil is dry its still ok... stick your finger down into the soil about an inch, if you dont feel moisture then you need to water. 1 gallon=2 cups every 2 days...and it depends on your light/fan/ set up. it could be drying out too fast..and maybe not at all...depends on the heat in there as well....more water in your grow room = more humidity. (need a de-humidifier)
    if you dont have a moisture meter, i suggest getting one or just using the fingerbanging method...lol (j/k)

dont over water. if water is draining from your pot, that means you are flushing your soil. only do this when you are getting rid of ferts and nutes.
    alot of growers can tell by wieght of the pot as well....dry = light wet=heavy.
    hope that helps.

11. thanks but i think you are talking about soil im growing in coco and the watering is much different its like growing hydroponically and the pots i have them in right now is a 3" pot because they are only 10 days old and they are growing under 400 hps light......thanks

12. coco is a nice grow medium light and reuseable, im sure it helps cut down maitnence how often do you change bulbs out and clean fans out?

13. Its a brand new setup and first time grower in coco

14. oops sorry...i thought you were talking about soil..
    i will just stay out of this one :D leave it to the coco pimps:rolleyes::cool:

15. DuTaz, sorry it took me a minute to get back to you. Okay, first things first. You're draining to waste, right. Now my question there would be, why are you throwing your hard earned dollars down the drain, put a bucket or plastic tote underneath and catch all that sweet nectar. Now, if you do that you'll need a ph meter. Hopefully you have one. What you're trying to do is even out the ph in the cooc. Usually it will say on the bag 5.8-6.2 buffered or something to that extent. Keep it at 5.8. Actually, answer these questions for me:

How many plants?
    Do you have any pumps?
    Do you have any plastic totes (or something large and plastic that's like a bucket)?
    Do you have a meter?
    How much runoff are you giving the little ones? (meaning how much is left over after you water in the pans)
    What nutes are you using?
    What type of water are you using?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I'd hate to see you put all this effort into this and have something tragic happen. Although that's highly unlikely in coco. But it can happen. If I have all the information I can guide you through and help you out. That's what we're all here for right? Teach a man to grow and he'll never go broke.

Now, how I water is I drip feed from the top first thing when the lights come on and then every 2 hours until lights off. They drip for 6:20. I don't have any drip emitters on any more - noticed they get clogged and that's too much maitenance for me. So they just shooting straight out of the 1/4 tubing that you can get from home depot. Coco is not like soil, the air to water ratio is much more conducive to root growth. Coco will hold up to 50% air if I'm not mistaken. I know mine has a 30% air ratio. So this is the way to avoid root rot and still be able to feed them hydroponically. The reason you want runoff is because salts and metals can build up and bind to the coco and root mass, which is a big no no. That is the major problem with new growers in coco, they think it's a soil medium and let it dry out between waterings. DO NOT DO THIS This will cause lock out on any number of chemicals from nitrogen to phosphorous to calcium, shit you'll be scratching your head for days. The key is to always water (recirculate your water) and you'll get madd yields, better than your boys in hydro guaranteed. Trust me on that. And you can always do a simple test. Take a small pot filled with coco, soak the shit out of it, come back in 5 minutes, now press down on the coco. Spongey right? That's the air that's in the coco fibers, and in translation to your roots that's the oxygen that they can't get in soil. If you recirculate please tell me, there are some things that you need to do in order to get it right. It's really all pretty simple and cheap.

16. I change bulbs out every 3 runs. Clean fans, glass, room, everything spic and span each run. It's a lot of work but we have trim parties where when people are inside trimming I'll go back in the room and start cleaning. That way I'm killing 2 birds with one stone...or stoner. hee hee.
    Yes coco is reusable with zym's used in the end. That's the beauty of it. I usually will reuse coco until I notice the fluffiness going down. This means the fibers are slowly losing the air to water ratio, which means throw the crap in the garden outside or in the trash. If you throw it in the garden outside it doesn't look so suspicious when you come home with coco bags.

17. Nice operation there bro. Yeah can't wait to see the ladies fill out.

Edit: Always wanted to try coco, looks like this thread is a good place to learn :D.

18. Thanks CaliCoast. Isn't that ocean breeze wonderful on a day like today? :wave:
    I'm gonna take some pics like every week just to see the difference. I'm excited to get a new table up and running and see if Connisseur can really produce what everybody is saying. Hopefully I can turn some people onto coco. I honestly think it's the best medium to go with. Perfect for getaway weekends. It always seemed like I had to be in the room when I was in rocks. Now I smoke bowls and watch Dr. Phil :rolleyes: don't know if that's a good thing...

19. It was pretty hot for a few days and now it's rolling fog:confused:, but yeah the coast is a nice place to be:D. Yeah always wanted to try coco, seems like people swear by it. Mostly a soil guy myself, still trying to master that art lol. But yeah man thanks for sharing the sick journal and nice display of what California green thumbs can do :bongin:

20. Dude, nice looking setup you have going. Let me know how much your first power bill is, for real. I am just curious as to how much it would be.

Can't wait to see some beautiful girls flowering under those lamps.:)