1st Grow Aeroponics White Widow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by CrimsonAngel, May 26, 2008.

1. This will be my first grow ever will be using an Aeroponics system I built. I will be putting some pics up either later today or tomorrow.

Parts
    Eco Plus 633 GPH Submersible Pump
    MicroJet Sprayer - 330 degree
    MicroJet Sprayer - 180 degree
    3" Round Net Pot
    Hydroton Rocks 10 LTR
    1.5x1.5x1.5" Rockwool Cube Slab
    3" Plastic Lid for Net Pot
    1/4" Drip Tubing
    400 watt High Pressure Sodium Grow light

Nutrients
    Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Hydro Formula
    Rockwool Soak - 100gm

2. I used hangers to attach the drip lines to with a glue gun. Each drip line is sealed at the end and has a small piece of a drip line put into it at several places and a micro sprayer attached to the end of it. Right now I have 6 rockwool cubes soaking in a rockwool soak. I have to sacrifice one of the grow spaces to grow some exotic flower so I have an excuse for growing something else. I will begin construction on the cabinet tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Looking good.

4. Sry for not updating in a while. I still did not build the cabinet.

Monday May 26th
    Started germination on 5 seeds used the 2 plates and paper towel method

Wednesday May 28th
    2 Seeds germinated and was planted in rockwool

Thursday May 29th
    1 seed germinated planted in rockwool

Friday May 30th
    1 seed germinated
    Placed all under 400 Watt HPS lamp

Sunday June 1st
    Final seed germinated

5. havent seen DIY aeroponics here
    good lookin

6. GL on your first hydro grow! (I just started my first hydro also) I'll be keeping an eye on this one as it looks like you took some time to set it up well. i dont believe i've seen successful DIY areo here at GC yet either. lookin foreward to seeing how it goes.

you should post up some pics of the sprayers while they're on, i'd love to see how much water coverage that setup gives.

7. thanks it would be really hard to get a pic of the sprayers while running cause theres so much water getn sprayed if the top is removed water gets everywhere

8. well, i suppose that means that coverage isint a problem then. very good. hope ya have some success with that contraption, i have no doubt it will get the job done.

9. I haven't noticed any growth for the past few days. Am I doing something wrong? Should I remove the dome and let the HPS project light directly upon the plant without the dome?

10. First off I would remove those shells from the leaves.

11. already did

12. lower that light and add some fans asap. you're stretching those babies alot!

13. ok thanks ill put some books under to raise

14. OMG there all beginning to wilt now

15. there all dying only one of them still looks healthy the others are all wilted and one of them just fell and bent
    not to mention one of them didnt even come up from the rockwool
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. STTTTRREEEEEEEEETTTTCCCHHHYYYY!!!!!!!

Get a few CFL lights a few inches away from them and QUICK!

17. LET THERE BE LIGHT !
    move your lights lower and if those are jiffy did you check the ph? ive heard of jiffy killing off seedling with ph fluctuation. but im pretty sure this is a light issue.

18. is that even much of an option 2 are dead the rly tall one the leaves are burnt and the rly short one leaves are also dried out only one of them look ok. i dont think id be able to get any cfl lights at the moment isn't there anything i could do with th hps?

19. its rockwool i already moved the lights soo close should i completely remove the dome and put a big fan on them