noobs first grow 4DWC 2 soil

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by evolver, Sep 14, 2007.

1. this is my first true grow ill be updating when i can. hope you all like it. comment all you want.

Attached Files:

2. well the plants have doing good. not a lot of new growth i think because of all the changes that went one. my friend is going to start growing in the same closet with a 250 watt MH lamp and im gonna be using another two FL on my side to make the total 4 (160 watts) hopefully they will start growing a bit more. new pics when they start to grow a little more:D

3. looks good. hope you have a successful grow!

4. well here is three of the pics i used my phone for just a quick look. i still dont know what sex they are hoping someone can tell me about how much longer i have. my the first is the only mid i have growing i over watered her a little. the other two are my soil plants that im doing a little LST with they havnt grown much in the past few days but i think thats gonna change soon.

Attached Files:

5. ok so my plants were droopy the other day (the 19th) so yesterday i didnt water them well i came back today to check on my kids and they are crazy droopy i think it may be the ph because it has been so high and i still havent been able to get it low enough and also one has a burn mark on the leafs (the mid plant) can anyone help??

Attached Files:

6. looks like overwatering is the problem like you say. Is the rw staying waterlogged all the time? You might be better watering the clays rather than the rw, and squeezing any excess water out of the rw cube?

7. I am not experienced enough to identify your actual problem, but there are one or two things to sort out anyway:

The plant that is in the hydroton: take that rockwool back out of the hydroton and remove the plastic around the rockwool. Second, when you put it back make sure you cover the surface of the rockwool with one or even two layers of hydroton. The surface of the rockwoll should not be visible. (causes algae)

If you didn't soak the rockwool before you used it (24 hours minimum preferably in pH adjusted water) you may get problems from rising pH as it flushes out. That won't help your plants.

In my view you are best off with the hydroton (by the way you should have really flushed the hell out of the hydroton before you used it...did you?) and I am finding it difficult to understand why you appear to be using different mediums.

EDIT sorry I didn't look for long enough! Seems all (?) of your plants are now in hydroton.

8. what is your feeding schedule?

9. Also can you say how often you flood and how long your system floods for? i.e how many times a day to flood? And how long does it flood for?

10. i normally have the pump on from 10Am to 1030Am and 10Pm to 1030Pm

they are doing a little better i do believe it is the PH because it is still high (about 7.5) i add ph down everyday but it hasnt been doing much so its kinda been sucking.:mad:

my two soil plants are doing fine actually they are doing great they seem to have no signs of harm to them lets hope they stay that way:hello:

now time to go get high with the girl and have a good night:smoke:

11. why is the ph so high? It should be 5.5-6.0, keeping it there shouldn't be difficult What nutrients/ec are you using, and what is your water like? If you use proper hydro nutes at the right strength, you should be able to adjust the ph to 5.8 say, and it should stay fairly stable. You can expect problems at ph 7.5 in hydro with deficiencies, I think the main problem is overwatering though

12. im not currently using any nutes because i was trying to level off the Ph should i have just started using the nutes to begin with?:confused:

13. the ph is still down around 5.5 so im doing good. i still havent been adding nutes cause i have yet to purchase them :(. i was hoping i could get some insite into what the best kind of nutes would be the best for my lil ones (NL x haze). i plan on buying them on the 7th. is there anything i could get at like walmart to use till then? i also found out one of my soil plants was a male :cry:. i chose to keep him just incase i wanted to end up pollinating something later. i designed a grow box in my group discussion class and built it as soon as i got out. ill have pictures up tomorrow. for now im letting it sit in my friends other room away from the other plants.

14. still not a lot of growth in the hydro set up i think i may switch them into a soil system if i cant get the hydro set up working properly. does anyone have any advice:confused: my soil plants happen to be doing great although the one is a male. yes im keeping a mail because im thinking about sexing later on. i put pics up of my veg box for him in the grow set ups. any comments would be greatful.

thanks gc

Attached Files:

15. been a while since an update. but here we go the first few pics are of my hydro set up and the plants in it. the first is my female so happy atleast one is since the others havent sexed all the others havent and ill post more pics later. all of them seem to be doing a lot better after the nutes were added. and the one in the back left the mids plant is very strange and has triple sets but has been changing and doing like multipule sites.

1. whole set up
    2. female hydro
    3. female hydro top
    4. front right unknown
    5. back left unknown
    6. back left inside
    7. back right unknown

Attached Files:

16. here are the pics of my soil plants. the first few are pics of my LST plant which has been in flowering for about a week yet still no sign of sex. the second set is from my female in soil that has been topped which i think is having a deficentcy but not to bad cause its not doing anything to drastic. the last set is of a mids in soil which has something wrong with it but i think it was just to close to the fan. me and my friend are going to lightproof the closet they are all in and set them to flowering.

Attached Files:

17. great news another one is a female. the plant that i LST and put into flowering about a week ago finnally showed its sexy hairs. so now the count is

3 females
    2 clones
    and 4 unknown
    :smoke: