first grow/experiment

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by shackleford, Dec 26, 2006.

1. [​IMG]ok got a camera for christmas so this is the first pic i got of it its about 8 days old under 2 42W and a 32W cfl with a fan blowing on it when the lights are on and its in a kfc chicken bucket cause it kept becoming root bound and is in its 3rd home

2. Looks good but what kind of soil are you using? Make sure you are not over-watering... it looks like you may be. Also, Rusty Shackleford and Armen Tanzarian are my two favorite alter-egos!

3. CD's for reflectivity... hmmm

thank god your only using CLF's or the rays from that thing would burn the plant to death for sure.

4. yea have 3 other plants in two old orange juice jugs in a window sill right now ill try to get pics and keep it as updated as possible but im ging somewhere thursday im using miracle-gro potting soil ummm the first pic is of the original plant the second is of a 4 day old(stringy) and the other of a plant about 10 days old and the third pic is of a 15day old plant
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. just made a co2 system [​IMG]

6. I'd get rid of that CD if I'd be you.
    Soon you won't be able to remove that CD without damaging the plant.

Or are you hiding something underneath that CD,
    ...like Miracle Grow or something?!?!?

7. no the cd is for reflection the plants are in miracle gro and heres another pic from today the largest one grew alot in the last 2 days some how it now has 4 sets of 3 leaves but anyways [​IMG]
    do it look healthy although its smaller than the others or is that due to its not growing under sunlight but rather a cfl it seems to be growing faster and bushier but i guess i cant reallly complain about that

8. just moved my largest one in under the cfl and i am experimenting and enducing some lst it might be stupid but right now i need it to stay small here are the 2 that are now under artificial lighting [​IMG][​IMG]
    ill try to post a picture a day but im going somewhere tomorrow and wont be back till new years eve so idk im gunna try to leave the lights on but they might have to go off damn i jsu looked at the pic i started this thread with 2 days ago and progression looks good to me when lighting is brought into factor am i just hopeful or is it pretty good for only 116w of cool white cfl

9. do i need to start adding nutes or ferts the large one is at about its second week and the smaller about 9 days but when i get back should i start adding anything or am i just moving to fast

10. dont worry about that until after u get back, around 3 weeks is when plants normally need ferts, but dont give them any until the first set of leaves start to yellow and die

11. ok can and will do but what about the travel i dont think ill be able to let the lighting run whats your suggestion as an alternative?

12. Don't add nutes when you are using fukcin miracle grow potting soil. Transplant to perilite/vermiculte/topsoil mix and then worry about nutes.

13. why? im to lazy to transplant and i like what i have im gunna let the miracle gro stay until it becomes root bound and the larger plant is a mix its miracle gro the some rocks with rose food in them and then more miracle grow and somewhere in there are 2 red worms im thinking about putting 4 or 5 in my kfc bucket

14. i regret using soil with time released ferts alot. i had to flush it quite a bit.

15. yeah im leaving today and now have all 4 of my plants under the lights im gunna let them run since theyre not as hot as all the other lights in my house and consume less electricity ive got them far enough away form the bulbs so if they grow alot in the four days thy wont get burned from being to close to the bulbs but theyre close enough so that all the light doesnt disapate b4 they get it id take a pic but all the ones that i left in the window sill were stringy so ive buried part of the lower stem in the soil i had one plant that grew sideways on its own ifts fine so i dont think itll do anything i still have the small one that started this its made good progress in the past 3 days i just dont know right now its almost like im totally ripped but havent smoked in the past 2 days so idk ill post pics when i get home from my trip ok? any commentary while im gone would be nice so i can read it when i get back since i wont be able to access a computer while im gone

16. sorry about the time lapse they went the 4 day trip without lights but some how seemed to shootup while with no light here are some pics the one that started this all is staying small and bushy and is starting its 6th or 8th set of leaves 3 each
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry about the blur my hands shake

17. lol, You Nailed It!!! Omgosh, MG.

I think next grow round I'm gonna do 1 plant in MG just to do it.

18. ???? whats wrong with mg i think its part of the reason as to why my plants both shot up and perked up a little bit after being in darkness for an excess of 4 days

19. um yea im wondering if there is something wrong with my plant since its developing its 3rd node and starting a 4th and is only a few inches tall or might it end up like that plant in the diary named "first grow. 1 plant... crazy little thing"?

20. The short 1 is the only decent looking plant you have the rest are streched out. Ligh, Light and more light. good luck with the Miracle kill, oops did I say that, my bad meant miracle grow, hehehe hehehe.