3 months, Cannabis could be legalized in Canada!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Free The BIRDS, Apr 13, 2011.

1. wanted to post last night when i seen on news but i passed out.

judge rules Canada cannabis laws unconstitutional!

"In a case with wide-ranging implications, an Ontario Superior Court judge struck down Canada's laws prohibiting the possession and production of marijuana on Tuesday, giving the federal government 90 days to fix the country's medical marijuana program before the ruling comes into effect and effectively legalizes cannabis."

Ontario Judge Rules Canada's Marijuana Laws Unconstitutional | Cannabis Culture Magazine

woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot

they say doctors country wide have gave up on the medical marijuana program. So sick people all over cant get their medicine legally and have to resort to illegal actions
    so judge orders the federal government to fix the program! they will probably delay it but...

this is fkn biggg:D:wave::smoke:

2. Something tells me the U.S. is gonna step in and squash that right out before it happens. :(

3. Party poopers.

And yeah, Canada always did look like a nice place to live at..

4. #4 Free The BIRDS, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
    lets hope not:(

i heard the gov. will just appeal right before the deadline extending it...

something is going to have to change in the medical marijuana system, though, no? its hard to see it going back to exactly how it was/is now

and this is on the news every hour! and multiple channels on some hours.

lots of awareness or fuel to the fire if anything!

and we have a huge election in the process, so more ppl will be seeking news..

5. Sorry, didn't mean to sound so negative. But, things like this have happened so many times before...right as you think it just might be legalized, there's some bureaucratic bullshit that stops it.

Or just a powerful nation with something to lose throwing its weight around.

6. its fine, better to be realistic

what do you think the outcome would be here? easier medical laws?

also --random question
    how do you see cannabis being legalized in north america. first in like certain states? then lots of states.. then canada?;)
    im expecting change in the next 5 years, is that too soon?

7. hope it does pull through (or it doesn't and cannabis somehow becomes legalised?)

But yeah, i hope all goes well over there. I just wish our goverment would do something about this instead of locking the issue of MJ away and hoping we all forget about it...

...which we won't :smoking:

8. Would love for it to happen, do I think it will? No. Like the one poster said the US has to much control over us. Unless they want it to happen, they'll just bully us like they did to get us to join their war, remember Marc Emery, yea...

9. Thank god at least one judge has a brain

Any sort of possession laws are unconsitutional, this goes for all drugs, not just marijuana

Who the fuck gave government the right to control substances people can and can't have.

The only thing that should be bannable under law is things that pose great danger to others, gun excluded (but should be regulated)

These things include weapons of mass destruction (VX, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons), explosives (there's no reason for you to have explosives unless you're a legit business), and automatic weapons (sorry, you don't need an M16 to kill a deer or protect your home)

Other than that everything else should be legal

10. #10 4Sheezy, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    What about a C7A2, can I use that to protect my home?

Edit: (it's a joke, C7 is a CDN rifle while m16 American)

11. on the news every half an hour!

with this dude and chick puffing a joint:smoke:

lookin good! im sure some cops will be more leniant:devious:

12. Good job canadians im proud of yall. Canada sure seems like a nice place to live :D
    for once, I will be "the immigrant" !! Hahaa

I cant spell I realize.

13. Looking into it a little more, it seems like they're trying to legalize it for Medical Use, not Recreational.

Which is still a good concept, if it did happen.

14. #14 Heinous Anus, Apr 13, 2011
    Let's say it did come to fruition. The day has come for it to be legalized. What of the countless thousands who are in prison for simple possession or use?

Will they be released? Will they get any compensation for having years of their life thrown away over a plant?

I can almost hear what they're going to say when they come and unlock your cell door...

"Well, it looks we were wrong. Sorry 'bout that. I know you missed many milestones in life, sitting in a little cell with murderers and rapists, but shit happens, ya know?"

*shrugs shoulders and walks away*

15. #15 Anonimo, Apr 13, 2011
    I don't know why people wno't accept the fact it has medicinal properties. We can only blame ourselves for not getting it legalized, who the fuck else is going to do it?