am going to new zealand this summer for study abroad in uni, any advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by iryad, Mar 12, 2010.

1. hey fellow friends,

I'm going to be leaving to new zealand at the beginning of the summer for a little over a month, for a study abroad for collage. and I can't freaking wait. I've heard it's suppose to be one of the most beautiful places in the world, and I've been looking it up online and it surly is way up there.

i know this seems kind of sketchy, but anyone here by chance from new zealand that might be able to give me some advice on how exactly i should go about finding some local new zealand herb? I've looked it up online and about 14% percent of the population in NZ smokes the herb, and marijuana is the most used drug in new zealand, so I don't think it will be TOO hard but just thought I'd ask..

thanks!

pics of new zealand, just in case lol:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. my advice to you is brush up on your foreign language and find a dealer there. the place looks amazing! imagine gettin to try buds from new zealand. i wonder if they have some crazy shit over there.

3. Ahh man!
    Congratulations on choosing new zealand as your destination!
    our country sure is, one of the most beautiful places in the world, easily.
    due to the mj i smoke, i appreciate it a hell of a lot more than i used to!

if you're lookin to score... this is what you wanna stay away from:

don't flame me, but here it is,
    darker skinned people, for the MAIN reason, maoris (native new zealanders) are involved with all the gangs, mongrel mob, black power, road knights etc etc, and that shit you do not wanna get involved with.
    in saying that, you wont really ever come across this shit haha, dont worry, but it is out there.

look out for the more hippyer looking people obviously, cliche as it is, its true!
    we have alot of naturalists and environmentalists in nz, enevitably, all are pot smokers :p

where are you going btw?
    from reading on GC, i learned prices are a lot different... slang, sayings all that.

here is what you'll hear
    tinny=2gs, usually 20 dollars.
    fifty bag=1/8th, usually 50 dollars.
    then theres the halfs, quaters, zips, all that which is reasonably the same.

the bud here is also usually very high quality, lower percentage of smokers equals lower grower percentage, higher risk, equals attitude to make better bud!

just stay away from state housing areas, all that shit.

any questions man gimme a bell!
    you will love it here, i gurantee you that my friend.

4. sweet bro that helps a lot, thanks for all the info.

well be in Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington, then the last 4 days we're going to Suva, Fiji lol i can't freaking wait!

i'll keep an eye out i'm pretty good at spotting a hippie from a distance lol.

5. you better be unless you plan on becoming a smuggler...:smoke: have fun buddy

6. christchurch is where i am!
    when your in chch, go to the cathedral square, or rock around looking for a dude with a yellow hippy hat on and pink floyd hoody, that'll be me...
    haha

7. yoo glad to hear you comin to NZ!! The bud here is gud if u get the right shit sum kronic as stuff here!! Im in auckland cud possibly hep u out haha..

BTW to "Fuckin Hundies" where the hell do u get ur 2g tins from?? hahaha Thats huge every1 i eva met here does 1g tins for $20 i gotta get new hookups ahaha.. Maybe it christchurch prices..

Anyway yea NZ got gud bud shud be easy enuff to find. Hang out at the Universitys and ask any1 u see who u think smokes people will generaly be alg

8. hey mate those comments are un called for and are simply not true
    please think before you post

9. I was gonna say "why New Zealand?' but i can see how beautiful it is. For some reason whenever i think of New Zealand i get pictures of green scottish meadows with goats ans stonehenge lol

New Zealand sounds nice and looks very beautiful.

What other countries could you have chosen to study abroad?

10. Be careful fucking around with the shit in other countries. They'll come down HARD on foreigners in most.

In NZ there is a $500 dollar fine for being caught and a 3 month prison sentance (the latter isn't as commonly used last I was aware, but I'm not the expert to go to on that, I spend more time in Australia than NZ). Since you aren't native, you'd probably be deported. If you have more than an oz on you, you are automatically classified as a dealer and can recieve 14 years. Prison system over there isn't something you want your ass stuck in, just because you aren't a local. Know your laws first.

Unlike in Australia, it is not decriminalized in NZ. I'm fortunate enough to have a friend who lives in Oz and hooks me up when I go through Sydney. That's going to be your best bet. Make a few friends first, and don't be obvious about it. If only 14% of the population smokes, then they aren't that open to it. In Australia about 50% of the youth use the plant. You can see the difference quite clearly.

11. That's sick you are going to NZ. I was there all last spring, for four months, doin the same thing: studying abroad. Loved it, I'm sure you will too. I'll talk to you about NZ forever, I had such a good time...great bud too.

They way my friends (2 buddies who went abroad with me) found some bud was just asking people who seemed like they might know how to get it. Hope I don't get flamed for this, but the street racers usually seem to know where to get it. Or they know someone who does. They call them "boy racers" over there. Very easily spotted. If you end up in one of the smaller cities, there are usually spots where they congregate. That's how we found our dealer. Asked a racer and he let us follow him to his friend's house. Not only did he smoke us up and selll us a half O but we got an 1/8th of shrooms for pretty cheap as well. Great shrooms too. Tripped hard, good, and longgg.

Good luck man. Live it up.

12. Yes they are lol

13. 14% admit we smoke pot but i would say its about 30 percent atleast

14. My comments uncalled for?
    i think by living in the country, i would know a little more than yourself sir.

and to "kush", you live in auckland so thats probably why haha... too many maoris and samoans ^^

15. If hunds in NZ are anything like what they call hunds in Oz then he's not saying anything untrue. Not really uncalled for either. Might not be politically correct, but it never hurts for a local to let a tourist know what to look out for.

16. Hey glad to see your coming to the land of the long white cloud. my general advice is to stay away from tinnie houses.

17. C'mon guys all us Kiwis no tht unless u walk in2 random bush 4 ages you wont see scenes like tht so easily

18. one does not simply walk into mordor.

19. That is true THERE IS A SHIT LOAD OF DODGY MAORIS AND SAMOANS ETC but then again lost of da white people are but most countrys are like this expesilay when it cums to drugs nd gangs right??

20. [​IMG]