I need some major help with this

Discussion in 'General' started by The_Tempest, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ok so I love weed i smoke weed like every day but im pregnant and i hear from so many people that they can test my baby fr THC and if he tests positive social services wil take him away iv tryed to research this tryed yahoo answers bu everyones answer is different and i have to deal with the piece of shit consevative ppl who are scolding me for harming my baby and bla bla bla my baby is fine everytime i go into the doctor hes the perfect weight an his heart rate is perfect. Ik it probably different in every state but i live in idaho and its conservative as fuck so idk what to do can anyone help me??? Or have some real answers?

2. In Texas they'll take your kid away if you test positive for illegal substances

3. isnt smoking weed while pregnant unhealthy? i had people say "my mom smoked when she was pregnant and look at me" they werent really all there, but idk could just be bad genetics or w//e

4. There are no true proven negative aspects of using cannabis while pregnant.

Even by many cannabis activists/advocates it's still frowned upon.
    1. It's illegal and having your child taken away in the name of cannabis is not worth it.
    2. When you're pregnant you shouldn't be concerning yourself with recreational substances, it's generally perceived as irresponsible.

5. #5 JollyStoner, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010
  6. #6 The_Tempest, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010
    omg thank you people ur criticism really answered my question.... fags

Name-calling is not welcome on GC. -JD

7. I laughed pretty hard at this...

You asked for someones advice, then when you don't get the answer you want you resort to insulting the people that where giving you honest answers.

Shame on you :mad:

8. I want to say something hilarious but I think I'd get banned.

So I'll just say, keep on smoking. :smoke:

9. wire hanger, pipe, your beloved ganja, lighter, cheez its.

you know what must be done.

10. I know this might sound kinda bad but

LOL... I just sprayed my coke on my keyboard.

11. You're definitely not ready to be a mother, seriously just get an abortion. If you're knowingly going to bring a life into this world with a potential for a lifetime of problems/misery you're pathetic. You probably have some serious issues yourself. Break the cycle.

12. AHAHA

OP you really need to take it easy. If your choosing complete ignorance instead of focusing on your babies health, then for the babies sake, you really may not be ready to be a mother. Sorry but you really got some thinking to do.

13. Completely disregarding whether or not it's healthy for you to smoke while pregnant...

If you're worried about getting your child taken away, I have a simple solution.

Quit smoking!

I know, it sounds extreme. But really, it might be worth giving it a try. :rolleyes:

14. Although I don't completely disagree with you... I'd consider the fact that it's not exactly "recreational" for everyone. In the case of the OP, it isn't really clear what her motivations are, but where do you draw the line, you know?

I mean, what about MMJ users? I'm talking about the ones with legitimate ailments, those who only find relief through the consumption of cannabis. Are they to be barred from having children?

Or what about expectant mothers with HORRENDOUS morning sickness? I'm not speaking from experience here, but a good friend of mine smoked while pregnant because she was completely debilitated by her nausea and vomiting and none of the prescription medications she tried were the slightest bit effective in quelling her symptoms.

In the same vein, for that matter, many prescription and over-the-counter drugs have actually proven time and time again to be just as harmful on developing fetuses, and yet there's not a huge stigma surrounding those... Makes you wonder.

I'm not exactly supporting the OP's lifestyle choices here, because I personally don't intend to smoke if/when I decide to have children...

But I don't think it's conducive to your argument not to consider all possible perspectives.

15. Don't do drugs if you are pregnant, that should be the first rule of pregnancy.

16. ... This thread just keeps getting more epic.

17. Believe me, we're in agreement. The point is, not everyone feels this way. So where do you draw the line for them?

18. This raises an interesting question actually... but that should be its own topic.

I think people went negative on this thread because the OP is a dumb-ass and started by insulting everyone. Then goes on to call people fags, after they gave legit answers.

Please start a topic on that I would love to know what people have to say in such predicament.