Life at Humboldt State, looking at grad schools

Discussion in 'General' started by Sir Elliot, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I'm narrowing down my options for graduate school (for next year). I've decided on California schools, due to my doctor's recommendation that I consider MMJ for some medical issues I've had (illicit use has proven very effective).

One of the places I'm considering is HSU. I'm pretty familiar with life in the larger areas of California, having visited most of them at various points.

But, I've never been to Arcata. From what I can tell, the quality of life in the area is nice. A lot of various outdoor activities available, relatively rural setting (something I like), but still only a few hours from the Bay Area if someone wants to spend a weekend in SF.

So, I was hoping some of you HSU folks (I've read a few posts from those of you there) could tell me a bit about your experience. What's campus life like? What's Arcata like? Etc etc.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. Shameless bump since this fell to page 4, yikes.

3. ok, i never enrolled at HSU but i know people who go there and have seen the area/campus and sat in on a few classes while i traveled through the area. i loved it and the environment but i dont know how i feel about Arcata in general. half the people are nice, genuine and willing to help you out, the other half are money crazed hippies trying to make a profit. the school it self is beautiful and has a lot to offer. i say consider it.

4. Last bump, hoping to get a few more comments from folks. Sorry if this counts as spamming.

5. Just thought I would add that arcata is 5 hours from san fran or the bay area, so its pretty out of reach.

6. This was my first post at GC.

This week I am moving to Arcata and will start graduate studies this fall. Oh yeah I hear they have some good herb there too. :smoke:

7. Hey, I have been going to HSU for 7 semesters and know the area pretty well. I am from the Bay Area, and know the drive VERY well. Awesome herb, and awesome people. Most of the teachers are great. I love campus. I can't get enough of the redwoods and trails behind HSU. I miss them so much, I have been having sesh's there everyday for a week =)

There are always events going down. Flyers are everywhere, or just look down. A bunch of stuff is written with chalk all over on the campus ground. OH, if you are going to be living on campus, be cautious with your herb use. A lot of LGA's will get you busted for smoking.

I happen to be taking a year off and leave this thurs to go back home. Enjoy Humboldt. OH! Good radio stations are 94.1 99.1 96.3