I am quitting smoking and drinking today

Discussion in 'General' started by Andronius, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Cigs and booze. I am done...just straight weed from now on. :eek:
    I would like to keep drinking, but when I drink I want to smoke cigs, so I have to stop both. I will be 30 in less than a month and smoking is bad, not to mention I drink...drink...drink...A LOT.

Wish me luck guys!

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iaHS-skmM4]YouTube - Wax and EOM: "Music and Liquor" (Director's Cut)[/ame]

3. good luck man

ive not smoked cigs so i cant tell of that struggle.
    Booze I've got pushed to weekends only.

You cand o it!

4. Why are you an idiot? That was a totally pointless/troll post. GTFO

5. Good luck bro. It'll be a hard one, but it can be done. I'm only 18 and even I couldnt imagine quiting drinking and smoking cigs for good, even though I know I need to quit with the cigs. Its hard as fuck man

6. #6 zroyce, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
    Quitting nicotine is hard. It's not nearly as brutal as heroin or alcohol withdrawal, but you will have real physical symptoms if you have been smoking long, and certainly hard, hard craving. The craving will be the hardest part by far, and will not go away altogether for some months perhaps, although the worst of it should be over in a couple weeks. One of things about nicotine that makes it very hard to quit is the lack of immediate pressure to do so. Heroin, alcoholism, meth, etc. ruin your life now. Cigarettes ruin your life in the distant future, if at all.

Good luck. Maybe try a lot of strong cardiovascular exercise. If it doesn't help distract you from your cravings, and get over your fidgetyness, at least you will start to notice that smoking cigarettes has a terrible effect on performance. I used to think that the boundless energy of my youth was due merely to being young--and then I quit smoking and realized that cigarettes were a huge drag on my lung power and muscular endurance.

And, I hate to say it, but quitting weed also, at least for a few weeks, until you get over the worst of the nicotine craving, is probably advisable if you're serious about quitting nicotine. When I was quitting cigarettes, I found that merely the taste of smoke (i.e. from weed), made my cravings for a cigarette much worse.

Also, IMO, nicotine patches don't work for the same reason that methadone usually doesn't work in kicking heroin: while gradually stepping down on your dosages might ease your physical symptoms, and perhaps the severity of your craving, it will draw out the cravings over a much longer period of time, which will strain your will power much more. I have found that it is much easier to take a lot of suffering over a short period, than a smaller amount of suffering over a longer period of time.

Whatever you do, if you fail, do not loose confidence. When you really decide to quit, you will.

7. I don't know much details with oral fixations, but maybe invest in tootsie pops or sunflower seeds (ranch is my favorite) and anytime you get a craving just put in a mouthful and chew away. I've cut back on the amount of cigs I smoke during the week, especially driving.

Sorry if this doesn't interest you, just giving some tips :D

8. It is weird...when I smoke weed, I don't smoke cigs. All my buddies, including the wife smoke after a toke. Luckily she has already quit cigs.

9. I am a little league baseball coach. I LOVE seeds.

10. Yeah for me right after ripping I looooove lighting up that first Camel............MMMMMMMMMMMM!

11. I'm trying to quit cigs too. I've decided to not even have my pack with me today at work. Almost 2 hours in and I want one real bad

12. Best of luck to you, OP. It takes a strong person to quit both simultaneously.

13. Good luck, and remember your mind is greater than your body. You can ignore your cravings.

14. I'm glad I'm not addicted to cigs. But good luck

15. damn bro this is a weed forum, high people post random unrelated things all the time.

but anyhow,

hope you dont get withdrawl from alcohol that shit blows

16. This is in GENERAL

17. Introducing those kids early to the good stuff aren't you. You got my vote for coach of the year, and I am sure the parents will vote for you too when their kids come home happier than ever after baseball practice :smoke::

18. What I do with my personal life is just that...personal. I do not go out and coach stoned. Seriously. I smoke at home and parties...

19. #20 smupremurb, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2009
    Didn't mean to offend, no more jokes from me