Quote Wars Round 1.

Discussion in 'General' started by burnttwaffle, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Thanx to bkadoctaj for inspiring me and giving me the idea to make a thread like this.

So, here is how it worx...

1 person starts off with a quote, and the next person has to respond with another quote that exactly responds to the previous quote.

the person who posts a quote that no1 can respond to, wins a special prize only i know, and will make and post just for the winner...

BTW: you cant quote yourself a friend or any bullshit like that. It has to be real quotes like in AK's thread in S&P

I'll start it off

“You wasted life, why wouldn’t you waste the afterlife?”
    -Modest Mouse

2. Life is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
    -Albert Einstein

3. #3 Blutteufel, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
    I'm honestly suprised he didn't inspire you to make a poll. Anyway, here's the best I can do in my sober(ish) and therefore uninsightful state:

"What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday and our present thoughts build our life tomorrow."
    - bkadoctaj

EDIT: Dammit, I've been scooped!

4. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." -Philip K. Dick "How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later", 1978

5. Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources - Albert Einetein

6. "The only 'ism' Hollywood believes in is plagiarism" - Dorothy Parker

7. "Rituals are, by nature, irrational."
    - A.J. Jacobs (TEDTalks)

8. “Nothing defines humans better than their willingness to do irrational things in the pursuit of phenomenally unlikely payoffs” -Scott Adams

9. i'll raise you that bkadoctaj quote with my own that I found, "What is gravities effect on itself?"-bkadoctaj

10. The goal isn't dying for your country, its trying to make the other poor bastard to die for his.
    -General Douglas MacArthur

11. "I'm the one that has to die, when it's time for me to die. So let me live my life, the way I want to." - Jimi Hendrix

12. "You know, by the time you reach my age, you've made plenty of mistakes if you've lived your life properly." - Ronald Reagan

13. "Well, all I'm saying is that I want to look back and say that I did I the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place... Dogged as many girls as I could while I was stuck in this place." - Dazed and Confused (Dawson)

14. "your best wasn't good enough" your gf, to you.

15. "Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got" - Sophia Loren

16. "I don't wanna jerk off in the Mooby's bathroom! What if a customer comes in and my jerking off gets them all sex nuts and retard strong, and suddenly I'm fighting him off as he tries to jam his dick in my mouth!?" Randal Graves

17. "just beat it" Michael Jackson

18. Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love. - woody allen

19. she may be fat,,,and nasty,,,,,,but i like her money,,,,; rosie odeneells girlfriend,,,:p

20. "It all feels the same in the dark" - Will Sasso impersonating Kenny rogers