Guess what happened where I live today...

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMarihuanaSho, Jul 31, 2008.

1. A 19 year old from Edmonton (where I'm at) got onto a greyhound bus going to Winnipeg. The bus stopped for a break, the 19 year old and a couple others got off for a smoke and got back on. After that, some random guy from the front of the bus goes to the back where the 19 year old was asleep at this point, and starts "calmly" stabbing him. Thhhhen.... he cut his head off and started scaring people on the bus with it. I'll try to find an official article for this, one sec.

2. Here's the actual article... it just happened today..

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=7886faf4-e8e9-4217-ac1d-66563d16ec9f

BRANDON, Man. - Thirty-six passengers of a Greyhound bus travelling from Edmonton to Winnipeg Wednesday night watched in horror as a fellow passenger stabbed another man sleeping next to him, eventually decapitating him and waving the man's severed head.

The bus made an emergency stop, and passengers fled in terror onto the Trans-Canada Highway near Portage la Prairie, Man., while the bus's driver and a driver of a nearby truck shut the crazed man inside the bus with the victim. Passengers say they stood outside the bus and watched through the window, horrified, as the man disfigured the victim's body.

RCMP have confirmed they are investigating a homicide, although investigators won't provide further details about how a young man was stabbed to death and then decapitated.
    A female passenger from the Greyhound bus on which a man was beheaded by another passenger late Wednesday evening waits at the RCMP station in Brandon, Man.
    A female passenger from the Greyhound bus on which a man was beheaded by another passenger late Wednesday evening waits at the RCMP station in Brandon, Man.
    Colin Corneau/Brandon Sun
    More pictures: < Prev | Next >
    Email to a friendEmail to a friendPrinter friendlyPrinter friendly
    Font:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A suspect was taken into custody by the RCMP and arrested without incident, said Sgt. Brian Edmonds in a statement Thursday. He said the RCMP's serious crimes unit is investigating a homicide. The names of the victim and the suspect have not been released.

Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day, speaking in Quebec City said the issue of safety on buses may need to be examined more closely once the legal process of this case is over.

"We're never closed to looking at how Canadians can be more safe and more secure," Day told reporters in Quebec Thursday. This particular incident as horrific as it is, is obviously extremely rare."

Day offered his condolences to the family and said he was horrified by the event.

Witnesses described a nightmarish scene inside the bus.

"He didn't do anything to provoke the guy. The guy just took a knife out and stabbed him, started stabbing him like crazy and cut his head off," said Garnet Caton, 36, a passenger.

Caton and others said once they escaped the bus, they prevented the attacker from getting off the bus by threatening him with makeshift weapons - a hammer and a metal bar.

"We were telling him, 'Stay put, stay put, stay there, don't try to come out.' He tried to get the bus working and the bus driver disabled the bus somehow in the back, I'm not sure how he did it, and at that point, I think the police showed up," he said, adding officers rushed them away.

"Some people were puking, some people were crying, other people were in shock . . . everybody was running, screaming off the bus."

Caton described the man who attacked the passenger as about six feet tall, 200 pounds, with a bald head and wearing sunglasses. He seemed oblivious to others when the stabbing occurred, said Caton.

Caton said he was struck by how calm the man was. He just walked up to the front of the bus and dropped the head, Caton said.

Caton said the victim boarded in Edmonton, was Aboriginal in appearance, and was wearing hip-hop clothing, and appeared to be a young man around 20 years of age.

"When we saw the head, we knew he was dead," he said. "I don't think the guy knew him at all. I think he was really crazy . . . the poor guy, he didn't see it coming."

Two yellow school buses were brought in to the closed-off stretch of highway for passengers to sit in while the standoff between officers and the man inside the bus proceeded for hours.

The passengers were later taken to Brandon, Man., to be interviewed by police and to stay overnight at a hotel there. Some will be resuming their trips later Thursday.

Crisis counsellors were also at the hotel to provide support to the passengers, and counsellors could be seen chatting with them outside the hotel as groups went out to local stores for snacks or to smoke cigarettes.

One small boy, who was with an adult man and woman, was given a plush teddy bear by a crisis health worker.

Another young man from Nova Scotia sat outside the Brandon hotel smoking around 3 a.m. Visibly shaken, he said RCMP had taken 36 witnesses in for questioning into a detachment approximately 100 kilometres east. He said later: "I felt bad that all the young people and old people had to see that."

The man, who did not want his name used, said the victim of the stabbing had been sleeping before the attack.

Other passengers said that the two men were sitting at the rear of the bus and the stabbing victim was listening to music through his headphones. The men were both sitting in the back of the bus, and the attack appeared to be unprovoked.

"The first thing I heard was something like a terrible type (of) yowl and that was from the guy who got stabbed," said an elderly woman on the bus, from Winnipeg.

The woman and her adult daughter said they were three or four rows in front of the suspect when the attack began.

"(My daughter said) 'Oh my God' and everybody else started screaming," she said. "They had terror in their eyes."

Passengers said there was a rush of people toward the front of the bus to get off.

Two other passengers on the bus, a 22-year-old man and 21-year-old woman, from France, said they were heading to Winnipeg after visiting the woman's father in Whitehorse. The 22-year-old man said in French that he saw a man holding a long knife repeatedly stab another passenger. He and his girlfriend said they were shocked by the attack, and the isolation in the middle of the prairies when it occurred.

"There was nowhere to go," she said.

Greyhound spokesman Eric Wesley said counselling will be provided and monetary compensation will be determined on an individual basis.

"We are going to do whatever we need to provide the passengers with counselling or any other measures to make sure they're taken care of," he said Thursday.

© Winnipeg Free Press and Brandon Sun 2008

3. Oh my god... That's horrible. I feel bad for whoever was on that bus, sounds like it would be life-scarring.

4. Well it pisses me off. I mean a whole bus full of people couldn't stop this one guy from stabbing a sleeping 19 year old? It's pathetic.

5. wow..i would love to jounrey that guys physche...im sure there would be lots of twists and turns..

what a fucking looney man

6. ....what the fuck is this world coming to when a guy just startys randomly stabbing someone?

7. Thats what makes me wonder. Were they all too fuckn scared to save his life or too stupid to know what was going on?

8. That was exactly what I was thinking.

9. he was probably snoring.

god i hate when people snore.

10. It sounds like he killed him so quickly no one could have saved him anyway
    ..also he had a "long knife", was obviously crazy and had no problems with killing people

in those circumstances anyone who tried to intervene would have been too late to save the guy and would've got killed themself

11. I was going to say something to this...but then my "girlfriend" just told me she had "explosive diarrhea" and I almost vomited everywhere.

Seriously. I like....envisioned her squirting a dump on my floor or something.

-vomits a little-

12. thats crazy shit man. dude must have been off his meds or something.

13. after i read "waving severed head around" i had read enough. shit is NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!

14. It doesn't mean the whole world is turning to shit (well...it is, actually)...but there sure are some crazy fucked up people out there.

15. pathetic? i don't know about you, but i know i for one could not even imagine being at the scene of the crime when it occured. have you ever witnessed a stabbing? when someone has a large knife, stabbing someone, it would be hard to get close to him without being scared.

16. Wow... That guys sounds like he has a few mental problems

17. HAHAHAHAHA!

18. key words - Greyhound bus

some fucked up people on those things

19. .......

[​IMG]

20. damn. id be scarred if i was on that bus and saw dude playing with the head