"Dank" - Hate It Or Love It?

Discussion in 'General' started by Liquidtruth, May 7, 2007.

1. I personally hate the term "dank" when referring to weed, it always brings to mind images of mold-infested-smelly weed. Who the hell would want to smoke something like that? Why did people start using that word to describe a level of cannabis quality? And, most importantly, am I alone in my hatred of this term?

Sorry if this thread seems pointless (though I am generally interested), it is 4:58 AM and I have not gotten high all day, which incidentally means that I have not slept all night, and I am bored. :p

2. I 100% agree with you, Dank sounds like slang for Vulgar in my ears.

3. Further evidence that I am not alone! :)

4. I never really liked the term but through so many people using it around me it slips out, I use it when I deal with certain people otherwise they look at you like "huh:confused:"

Either way the term don't bother me at all :D

5. thats trippy as hell... I swear it must of been a dream then when I searched the actual meaning of dank... and It said "extremely potent" woh.

6. Ya'll are crazy

I love the term Dank. It just rolls off the tounge and people know automaticly that your bud is damn good.

Ill say it Loud and Pround, DANK! DANK! DANKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!....dank :D

7. Until I came here and poked around for awhile I had no idea what the term meant. I am sure there are some who would automatically know it was damn good, but people who are unfamiliar with the slang (probably more of those) will fall back on their English skills and believe you are talking about some shitty-ass weed. :)

8. dude who doesnt like dank?

9. I say it on occasion, a few of my friends, you'd swear it was their fav word lol

But no I really don't see the big deal with it :p

10. i like to use the word Plush. rolls off the tounge better.

11. dank is a word people who know nothing about herb use.

12. To be honest, I hardly use it because I don't like how it feels in my mouth (yeah, weird, I know), but I don't mind if other people use it.

13. I'v never used it myself, but I dont really care that other use it. I just call it weed, dope or chron.

:hello:eric:hello:

14. Heads, dank, FIRE, its all the same thing imo.

15. Are you saying that as a complement or an insult?

I like dank because in reality it is unique to marijuana. I mean, how often do you hear people using it in the literal sense? I'd bet a good majority of people, non-stoners especially don't even know what it's literal meaning is. We all know what the word means and it strikes a very profound subliminal chord deep inside our minds. It's high quality potent cannabis that makes the word dank what it is, not a sound or a meaning.

I never knew dank was the most common term used to describe good herb until I started posting on here. I knew anout the term dank, but being from Florida all we used was Crip (or Rip if we felt like mixin' it up, haha.) Unless it was some "name brand" shit.

16. Where I live Dank, Middies, and Shwag is the grouping of pot. DANK all the way!! Rastaman I take that to offence just because it isnt a slang term where you live doesnt mean everyone who uses it knows nothing about the ganja.:smoke:

17. slang is slang.

all kinds of words get thrown around, sometimes i like to change spelling around to joke around with my friends.

i call my grinder my G-rind around my girlfriend, why you ask? I have no idea, it just happened one day.

Shit, I started calling my girlfriend Screefa for a while because it was fun to say.

WORDS ARE DEAD!

18. Hey emagdnim13, let's pretend I gave you rep that said "Best post in the whole thread --Hempress", because I totally would if I could. So, shhh....I really did.

19. I have looked up the deffinition of the word. The official deffinition via multiple dictionarys is as follows:

<TABLE class=luna-Ent><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>"unpleasantly moist or humid; damp and, often, chilly: a dank cellar." "Disagreeably damp or humid"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dank

Now this would go along with Liquids feeling about the word, the feeling of mold.

Personaly, I don't care about the word, it sounds ok I guess. My friends use it sometimes to describe the weed we have at the time.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

20. lol, um... what?

I wonder if the term "steak" bothers anyone too...