Sad News About Gc Member Illadelphin :(

Discussion in 'General' started by Royksopp, Jun 22, 2013.

1. his girlfriend's post should be added to the first post so people that don't read the entire thread will be able to see it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. i cant say i have ever talked to him but from what i hear he was a cool guy. This fat ass joint goes to you :smoking: R.I.P

• Like Like x 1
  3. #703 JuicyGoose, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    I can't stop crying after reading the post Katie made. It was beautiful.

It's kind of awesome that he left a big part of himself for her to read. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. His name was Samuel...illadelphin. His name was Samuel illadelphin. His name was Samuel illadelphin. His name was Samuel illadelphin. His name was Samuel illadelphin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Goodnight, Sweet Prince

6. Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. #707 Toke2K, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    I know this is a bit late.. But rest in peace Sam you honestly were a great dude, even though I had never talked to you. I laughed at your posts late at night on many occasions, now I'm in tears. I'm proud of you though, and once again, RIP.

www.toke2k.tumblr.com

'Grown in the Earth. Nourished by the Water. Powered by the Wind. Burned by the Fire.' - Elements

8. #708 itbeatsdointhat, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    Wow. Haven't been on in ages.

To hear of Sam's death has come has a big shock. We joined in the same month in 2009. 
    I always read his post's knowing we had much in common. 

Rest in Paradise Brother. 

• Like Like x 1
  9. I agree, i find threads often that he had been in and it takes me back, Its a wonderful way for his memory to live on.

10. #710 kayteecee8706, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    Thank you for all the overwhelming support and love that you have shown for Sam as well as myself. I just wanted to share a few photos; some of you may have seen them already if you are friends with him on facebook. Either way, I wanted to share what a brilliant, fun, and amazing person Sam was for those who did not have the pleasure of meeting him in person (or ever seeing his face).

View attachment 136771

View attachment 136780

View attachment 136779

View attachment 136778
    This is a memorial in Telluride,CO near Sam's campsite where he passed away.

View attachment 136777

View attachment 136776

View attachment 136772

View attachment 136773

View attachment 136774

View attachment 136775

It is hard for me to go on day after day knowing that someone as genuine and unique doesn't exist in our physical world anymore.

“On the death of a friend, we should consider that the fates through confidence have devolved on us the task of a double living, that we have henceforth to fulfill the promise of our friend's life also, in our own, to the world.”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

They played 'Ripple' by the Grateful Dead at Sam's funeral.

"Ripple"

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine
    And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,
    Would you hear my voice come through the music?
    Would you hold it near as it were your own?

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken,
    Perhaps they're better left unsung.
    I don't know, don't really care
    Let there be songs to fill the air.

Ripple in still water,
    When there is no pebble tossed,
    Nor wind to blow.

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,
    If your cup is full may it be again,
    Let it be known there is a fountain,
    That was not made by the hands of men.

There is a road, no simple highway,
    Between the dawn and the dark of night,
    And if you go no one may follow,
    That path is for your steps alone.

Ripple in still water,
    When there is no pebble tossed,
    Nor wind to blow.

You, who choose to lead, must follow
    But if you fall you fall alone.
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home.

• Like Like x 22
  11. @[member="kayteecee8706"] thank your for sharing, although i had seen his face before it still nice to see it again

• Like Like x 4
  12. him and his paisley and that STACHE, i love that dude, and kaytee, my deepest sympathies...   grasscity is like sams journal, his good times his bad times, joy, and sadness..  all told unfiltered here, to be forever entwined in the internet

• Like Like x 3
  13. I remember the Bob Ross getup -- classic. And the fact that "Ripple" was played at his funeral is amazing. It's my favorite GD song.

I went back and tried to find old PM's we exchanged, but to no avail. Sigh. C'est la vie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Illa was great

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Wow man sad shit I remember illy aka sam commenting on my first noob grows the name certainly rings a bell. R.I.p bro

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I aint been online for ages and straight away saw this thread and recognized the name. Didnt know ya personally but i believe you are in a better place now brother. I dont believe you are Reasting, but getting ready for the great battle in which we will win and you will be back with us not too far from now. Come on now Blades (if we are still blades, aint been online for a while, i maybe old skool) :metal: dont this sound good.
    Stay tuned for april 15th.

17. #717 JuicyGoose, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    I think about Sam all the time. Such a wonderful soul, it kills me to think about it.

They played ripple and for some reason that just makes tears flow.

I know I post a lot, but that guy was special.

• Like Like x 2
  18. RIP

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Happy 420 Illa <3 Smoking bowlS for you today, man. <3

• Like Like x 1
  20. Katie you are so lucky. So so so so so lucky that you were able to have such an amazing person be a part of your life. There is not one day that goes by that I don't think about him. Sam and I were supposed to meet up several times in 2012 and the summer he passed. That one last text that said, "Hey Kelsie! I'm coming to California!" is still in my phone....

It's a crazy feeling to miss someone you've never even had a chance to hug...
    I wish I felt Sam here like you do when you're inconsolable....I still just feel really alone.

• Like Like x 1