THC Detection Times in Occasional Smoker. Interesting.

Discussion in 'General' started by UniqueGrass, Mar 7, 2013.

1. An in depth evaluation of the time it takes for THC to become completely unnoticed in a 50 ng/ml urine test for the occasional smoker (~1/week - 1/month)

Link: Erowid Experience Vaults: Cannabis Urine Testing - THC Detection Times in Occasional Smoker - 37341

Breifly described:

"It has been reported that occasional users purge any detectable levels of THC from their system within 48-72 hours." <--- Testing

Day 1 - Subject (male 21 yrs 5'7" 145lbs) is abstinent of THC for 2 weeks and passes a drug test.
    Day 2 - Subject smokes a total of 2 bowls over the day's course. He will not be able to come in contact with cannabis for the remainder of the study.

"No special cleansing products were used, no unusual amounts of liquids were consumed, and no adulterants were introduced into the specimen." (alcohol was consumed during the study's course)

Day 3-5 - Drug Tested

Results: "The study showed that in an occasional marijuana smoker that detection times for THC are approximately 24 hours, within 48 hours of ingestion the subject was testing clean(-) Detection times were determined to be so short that it would be possible to ingest THC on a friday and be clean by monday, thereby negating any test given after 48 hours of initial ingestion."

[​IMG]

If you enjoyed this read a +rep or like would be nice. :)

All credit goes to "Texture" of erowid.org Everything in quotes are exact words from him/her.

2. awsome! it would be nice if some other blades could verify this, i really wanna smoke under some tight circumstances

3. Some guy i knew that took a lot of drug test before, swears that all you need is a day, just like this. But, i dont buy it.

4. now thats a boss bump

5. Glad this was bumped, I just got my first job that does random testing and this gives me more confidence on the occasional toke.

6. This is what happened to me. Was about on a 2 week break, smoked a blunt with friends and then in 7 days passed a drug test at home. Went to the army recruiting station only being 10 days since the blunt and passed.

So this makes sense.

7. #8 Serenity, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    But what about all the other cannabinoids?

1,777th post clearly I'm Jesus 

8. There was a time when I was smoking every single day for a very long time. I needed to pass a test for a job and I was clean in a week. Everybody is different though, and there's a number of variables. This study isn't the end all be all.